Vomiting due to new dry food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Meowmee Meowmee ! I changed the cats' menu late last year (they got tired of two homemade meals a day, then I added in more canned foods, then the trouble started... I think it was the additional thickeners in the canned foods) and it's taken me a long time to get everything back to normal, both in terms of ingredients in the foods (how much egg, pumpkin, etc. to add, what to take out, making sure I don't give them too much of certain things...) and making sure I don't trigger Edwina's food anxiety, which seems to contribute to her stomach acid production, which of course contributes to her barfing. What's really frustrating is that lots of things we can't control -- neighbors' leaf blowers, loud vehicles, the wind, etc. -- seem to get her very nervous, too, though she has lots of good places (like a couple big cardboard boxes with sleeping spots) to escape to when she needs them. That seems to really help. And now that I've recognized the problem, I'm better at leaving her alone so she can destress.

For the hair/hairballs problem, we brush her a lot and I give her a little Vaseline some days. Egg yolk and pumpkin can both help with constipation and hairballs -- I've increased the egg yolk I add to the cats' food. It's good for our other cat, too, because she tends to get constipated. The best thing for Ireland, though, has been something I bought for Edwina: Vet's Best Hairball Relief Digestive Aid. Edwina doesn't like them much but Ireland (who has never gacked up a hairball) gets 1.5 tablets a day that I break up into little pieces and give to her before four meals. The tablets are her favorite treat and she's been eating and pooping better than she has in years, it's really amazing. (That was even before I increased the egg yolk.)

Our cats chase, hunt, and eat bugs, too. I think Edwina's the one who does most of the killing.

I hope you're able to find a good combination for Quinn. It can really take a lot of time. If you can keep a journal of barfing incidents and what he ate and did before he barfed (and any environmental factors like noise, a standoff with another cat, etc.) that's a good start to figuring things out.
I am going to try to keep track of it with him. Having a new cat in a bedroom who he has not accepted fully yet could be affecting him too. But he has always had the dietary issues after the flea poison. I wish I had just given him a bath.

I am going to try that supplment too, thanks :)

Your kitties are beauties, Quinn is a pb sealpoint. He is high strung too. You are doing a great job with them 😀

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to try to keep track of it with him. Having a new cat in a bedroom who he has not accepted fully yet could be affecting him too. But he has always had the dietary issues after the flea poison. I wish I had just given him a bath.

I am going to try that supplment too, thanks :)

Your kitties are beauties, Quinn is a pb sealpoint. He is high strung too. You are doing a great job with them 😀
Yes, the new cat and/or the pesticide could have rattled him... our cats go through phases of being very high-strung (like now) but sometimes they're so relaxed that I forget they're high-strung by nature! They're the sweetest cats ever but can really be difficult to figure out sometimes.

I bought the Vet's Best tablets on Chewy. There are lots of kinds that are similar but since that one works so well for Ireland, I'll keep buying it. (She's picky...)

Do you have a picture of Quinn? I'd love to see him! (Particularly because I'm not sure what "pb" is!)

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the new cat and/or the pesticide could have rattled him... our cats go through phases of being very high-strung (like now) but sometimes they're so relaxed that I forget they're high-strung by nature! They're the sweetest cats ever but can really be difficult to figure out sometimes.

I bought the Vet's Best tablets on Chewy. There are lots of kinds that are similar but since that one works so well for Ireland, I'll keep buying it. (She's picky...)

Do you have a picture of Quinn? I'd love to see him! (Particularly because I'm not sure what "pb" is!)
The flea treatment was when he was a kitten, it poisoned him, he was vomiting right after and then all of the abdominal stuff, runs etc. started right after so it was due to that. But I also realized at that time, not long after, that he had a grain sensitivity, related or not to the poison reaction- I don’t know for sure.
Pb = my abbreviation for pure bred, he is my only pb kitty ever, here he is 😀

DAE01F91-98F5-4BF8-AA13-67870180E233.jpeg

E522134D-8A05-4A3B-A228-1C8F1268432D.jpeg

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat! And "purebred," of course! (Our cats are some sort of mixes...)

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat! And "purebred," of course! (Our cats are some sort of mixes...)
Thanks 😀 he is my special siamese boybee, so beautiful and classical looking, he looks similar to the original cats who were brought here but a bit more slender build etc. He is a crazy meezer too 😹 your babies are beautiful 💕

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks 😀 he is my special siamese boybee, so beautiful and classical looking, he looks similar to the original cats who were brought here but a bit more slender build etc. He is a crazy meezer too 😹 your babies are beautiful 💕
Yes, he has that slender look, he's a very handsome cat!

Edwina and Ireland thank you for the compliments! As (not-so-good) luck would have it, they had lots of other nice compliments yesterday when we went on an unplanned vet visit because Edwina had a big barfing binge the night before. I mention that because she's a barfer, too, and because the vet warned us the very first time she saw the cats that Siamese (and mixes) cats tend to have digestive issues.

Unfortunately, there was no resolution to her barfing, though I'm sure a few things, like stress, fur, and more stress, from her food anxiety, are all contributors. Changing the cats' diet late last year (they were tired of too much homecooked food and then one of their freeze-dried brands went out of stock, which meant more changes) was not a good thing for Edwina's nerves or stomach! It's also interesting that your thread title includes "dry food" -- our cats get small amounts of drug food as toppers and they're one of the things the vet said to take out of Edwina's diet. It's great food (just meat and supplements, no fillers) but I'd been thinking about that anyway and had already started reducing it...

Do you think it's helped Quinn to take the dry food out of his diet? (I just looked back at your posts and realize how many odd things our cats have in common... including making food and feeding raw...) I hope he's doing well!

P.S. I bought Feliway Optimum yesterday and plugged it in where Edwina has been spending the most time. Both cats seem to be attracted by the pheromones and I'm hoping it helps reduce Edwina's food anxiety, if only a bit. I mention this since you said you have a new cat in the house: I've seen lots of comments from people saying they've used Feliway successfully when introducing new cats. (I think with the MultiCat version?)

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Edwina and Ireland thank you for the compliments! As (not-so-good) luck would have it, they had lots of other nice compliments yesterday when we went on an unplanned vet visit because Edwina had a big barfing binge the night before. I mention that because she's a barfer, too, and because the vet warned us the very first time she saw the cats that Siamese (and mixes) cats tend to have digestive issues.

Unfortunately, there was no resolution to her barfing, though I'm sure a few things, like stress, fur, and more stress, from her food anxiety, are all contributors. Changing the cats' diet late last year (they were tired of too much homecooked food and then one of their freeze-dried brands went out of stock, which meant more changes) was not a good thing for Edwina's nerves or stomach! It's also interesting that your thread title includes "dry food" -- our cats get small amounts of drug food as toppers and they're one of the things the vet said to take out of Edwina's diet. It's great food (just meat and supplements, no fillers) but I'd been thinking about that anyway and had already started reducing it...

Do you think it's helped Quinn to take the dry food out of his diet? (I just looked back at your posts and realize how many odd things our cats have in common... including making food and feeding raw...) I hope he's doing well!

P.S. I bought Feliway Optimum yesterday and plugged it in where Edwina has been spending the most time. Both cats seem to be attracted by the pheromones and I'm hoping it helps reduce Edwina's food anxiety, if only a bit. I mention this since you said you have a new cat in the house: I've seen lots of comments from people saying they've used Feliway successfully when introducing new cats. (I think with the MultiCat version?)
Thanks Yes, my Quinn is a beauty 😀 I remember when he was a kitten, I was so in awe of how he looked, like he stepped out of a painting etc. and still get that feeling of being in awe. 😀 I love meezers. Yw girls 😻

I hope Edwina, I love her name, is ok now 🤗 I had not heard siamese cats have digestive issues, good to know. But before the flea poison he was a ok then after that the trouble all started. My Wizard part meezer did have lymphoma though at the end and ibd, he always had a sensitive tummy. But he had fiv too. Merlin on the other hand maybe has ibd of some sort, he is a big dsh ginger tux. The home diet cured him, he also had c diff when I took him in. And Zena had giardia but he is cured now too.

yesterday Quinn vomited twice but it seemed that he had eaten too quickly because it was a long tube shape etc. He is ok now. Sybil used to do that too. I had stopped the dry for him for a day but still gave him just a tiny bit because he gets upset when the others get it but maybe we have to find another option. They seem ok with it so far which is good. There was no dry food in the vomit. I am stopping it now for him completely for a few days. It could be an ingredient in this one too if that is what is causing it. Maybe the peas.

I am doing mostly home cooked when it is home made but when I made it the last two times, they were so hungry I gave them some raw while prepping. Quinn liked it the first time but the second time he barely ate any. I think I have to give him some of the laxatone stuff, it is a different brand. He may be semi constipated and that could make him vomit too. He is pooping but his poop usually dry and very dark. I have not done it for a while, I used to use pumpkin but I thin that was upsetting him too maybe Nothing showed up wrong at dvm though.

That is good the feliway works for you and kitties. I have tried that in the past but it melted in the outlet and made our asthma worse so I can’t do it.

It is strange how some foods just don’t work, I had tried raw and feeze dried, stella & chewy, other raw, rad cat etc. and making it myself for Wizard but it made him vomit more and Sybil would not touch it. I did not get the good recipe and supplements advice at knowwhatyoufeed.com then, I wish I had because I think they would have liked it. My home cooked was too dry then and they hated the raw I made.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope Edwina, I love her name, is ok now 🤗 I had not heard siamese cats have digestive issues, good to know. But before the flea poison he was a ok then after that the trouble all started. My Wizard part meezer did have lymphoma though at the end and ibd, he always had a sensitive tummy. But he had fiv too. Merlin on the other hand maybe has ibd of some sort, he is a big dsh ginger tux. The home diet cured him, he also had c diff when I took him in. And Zena had giardia but he is cured now too.
I wish we could take credit for Edwina's name but they gave it to her at the shelter! It fits her perfectly.

You've had a lot of cats with digestive/gut issues, wow. They are so hard to sort.
yesterday Quinn vomited twice but it seemed that he had eaten too quickly because it was a long tube shape etc. He is ok now. Sybil used to do that too. I had stopped the dry for him for a day but still gave him just a tiny bit because he gets upset when the others get it but maybe we have to find another option. They seem ok with it so far which is good. There was no dry food in the vomit. I am stopping it now for him completely for a few days. It could be an ingredient in this one too if that is what is causing it. Maybe the peas.
Ah, the long tube shape. Dry food, yes, it's so often trouble. The only one I'll feed, and that even in small amounts, is Dr. Elsey's chicken, which doesn't have any peas, other legumes, potato, or grains... but we still wonder if that might be a problem for Edwina.
I am doing mostly home cooked when it is home made but when I made it the last two times, they were so hungry I gave them some raw while prepping. Quinn liked it the first time but the second time he barely ate any. I think I have to give him some of the laxatone stuff, it is a different brand. He may be semi constipated and that could make him vomit too. He is pooping but his poop usually dry and very dark. I have not done it for a while, I used to use pumpkin but I thin that was upsetting him too maybe Nothing showed up wrong at dvm though.
Yes about constipation... Ireland's poop was like that, too: dry, dark, and small, too. I think I mentioned somewhere in this thread that she's doing much better with that now that she's getting Vet's Best hairball tablets, 1.5 of them a day. It's amazing how much they've helped her. (She did not vomit... she seems to leave almost all the barfing to Edwina.)
That is good the feliway works for you and kitties. I have tried that in the past but it melted in the outlet and made our asthma worse so I can’t do it.
The Feliway works great for Edwina, though Ireland has mild asthma so I'm watching her especially closely. I've read of other people having the diffusers melt down so am watching that closely, too!

It is strange how some foods just don’t work, I had tried raw and feeze dried, stella & chewy, other raw, rad cat etc. and making it myself for Wizard but it made him vomit more and Sybil would not touch it. I did not get the good recipe and supplements advice at knowwhatyoufeed.com then, I wish I had because I think they would have liked it. My home cooked was too dry then and they hated the raw I made.
I also use Alnutrin for homemade food: our cats really like it. (But not for two meals a day!) They still miss Rad Cat but do well with Stella's Selects, which are about the closest to Rad Cat that I can find -- I have to be careful on bone content because of Ireland's tendency toward constipation. What's most interesting about raw foods now is that they seem to have more (not sure what to call them) "helper" things in them, like psyllium, pumpkin, fish oil, and probiotics. Those can all be great but I don't want to overload the cats on, say, pumpkin, which can cause constipation if there's too much!

Right now I'm hoping that taking the lamb out of Edwina's diet will help: I'm still convinced her problem is a combination of something in the diet plus the food insecurity that makes her nervous, so she develops acid. (The vet thought that combination sounded plausible, too...) I had a sudden recollection yesterday that the cats ate a lot of lamb the day before the night Edwina did all her barfing... she'd been eating it for months (it's been in two of their foods starting late last year, when I started changing their diet) but the amount had increased (quite a bit) in recent weeks.

Anyway, that's enough out of me!

How's Quinn doing today? I hope he's not barfing!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is better today, thanks 😀 I am going to try dr elseys and those hairball tablets for him. Yes the digestive stuff is soo hard to figure out and manage. We were ok with the home made mostly but it is getting too hard for me to do it, it is a ton of work but I will keep doing it. If merlin and zena can eat a bit of dry that will help. I hope eliminating the lamb helps Edwina. I read recently pumpkin can cause problems too in some cats. It is hard to tell what is going on.

That is great you do alnutrin too. Quinn would be quite happy on just the home cooked but he gets upset if he does not get what the others get maybe. I have to be stricter.

He is an angel about his food and almost never nags me about, I know if he sits on teh table and meows for food he must really be hungry. When Merlin nags me to feed him Quinn jumps on him to bite his neck and knead him 😹 To make him stop bothering mom. 💕

You are really on top of it and doing a good job, it’s a struggle for sure.🤗

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Quinn was better yesterday! Does he seem to be, hm, trending well? (Of course that's what we thought with Edwina: she'd been trending very well on Monday but then I fed her all that lamb and everything got apocalyptic!)

Your situation with Quinn sounds a lot like ours with Edwina... though Edwina does nag for food, she's terrible about that. I think Ireland could take a big lesson from Merlin! (Ireland is a nipper and has been known to bite at her neck but not to tell her to shut up!) Cats are so weird!

As for food, Dr. Elsey's is very good, though (as I already mentioned) we're cutting it out of Edwina's food, at least for now. And the tablets really have been great for Ireland, I can't believe how much better she eats. And how much happier she seems. I know what you mean about making homemade, too: it's not like it takes all weekend but it's not exactly effortless either! (I am happy to have bought some pork tenderloin, though, since that's always been one of the cats' favorites and I haven't made it in ages...)

Anybody who thinks it's easy to feed cats should read some of these Cat Site threads... it's so not easy to feed cats if their stomachs are even the slightest bit off. And I don't have the luxury of returning Edwina to the last menu she did well on since one of the foods is no longer available.

Here's hoping Quinn has another good day. You're doing a great job with all your cats!

Oh, I nearly forgot, about Feliway. I unplugged the diffuser yesterday because Ireland (who's asthmatic) had a weird cough or something. It totally blisses Edwina out but an asthmatic attack would not be bliss for Ireland or her humans so I sprayed Edwina's favorite bedding instead. And last night was blissfully quiet for all of us. In another thread I saw harp music mentioned as a relaxant for cats so might even look into that!
🤞🤞🤞 for all of us!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Yes, my Quinn is a beauty 😀 I remember when he was a kitten, I was so in awe of how he looked, like he stepped out of a painting etc. and still get that feeling of being in awe. 😀 I love meezers. Yw girls 😻

The feliway plugins are crap. Glad to know I'm not the only one to have one burn up in the outlet. Mine also left a yellow oil streak up the wall where it was plugged in. I use the spray on their collars sometimes when I take them traveling in the car. Sometimes stops Indy's "are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" Meows to a degree.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Quinn was better yesterday! Does he seem to be, hm, trending well? (Of course that's what we thought with Edwina: she'd been trending very well on Monday but then I fed her all that lamb and everything got apocalyptic!)

Your situation with Quinn sounds a lot like ours with Edwina... though Edwina does nag for food, she's terrible about that. I think Ireland could take a big lesson from Merlin! (Ireland is a nipper and has been known to bite at her neck but not to tell her to shut up!) Cats are so weird!

As for food, Dr. Elsey's is very good, though (as I already mentioned) we're cutting it out of Edwina's food, at least for now. And the tablets really have been great for Ireland, I can't believe how much better she eats. And how much happier she seems. I know what you mean about making homemade, too: it's not like it takes all weekend but it's not exactly effortless either! (I am happy to have bought some pork tenderloin, though, since that's always been one of the cats' favorites and I haven't made it in ages...)

Anybody who thinks it's easy to feed cats should read some of these Cat Site threads... it's so not easy to feed cats if their stomachs are even the slightest bit off. And I don't have the luxury of returning Edwina to the last menu she did well on since one of the foods is no longer available.

Here's hoping Quinn has another good day. You're doing a great job with all your cats!

Oh, I nearly forgot, about Feliway. I unplugged the diffuser yesterday because Ireland (who's asthmatic) had a weird cough or something. It totally blisses Edwina out but an asthmatic attack would not be bliss for Ireland or her humans so I sprayed Edwina's favorite bedding instead. And last night was blissfully quiet for all of us. In another thread I saw harp music mentioned as a relaxant for cats so might even look into that!
🤞🤞🤞 for all of us!
He was doing well for 2 days or so but today someone vomited in the garage, I am not sure if it was him or not. I’m kind of in a bind right now because we are almost out of the home-cooked I have very few cans of the canned and my car broke down so I’m not gonna have a car until Monday or Tuesday so I can’t get out to get the chicken to make more food. So stressful, ugh.

That is good you have a spray that you can use for her instead. I found one spray that I can use- a lot of them have lavender and and I’m allergic to that. This one does smell a little weird and when I tried it for Fred when he was first brought inside I don’t think he liked it because I sprayed it in the carrier part of the trap where he slept and he pooped in there to mark it. I don’t think he liked the smell so I stopped using it. It says it does not have lavender in it but it kind of smells like it has some flowery smell.
Thanks, I am trying to, but as you know it is not easy. 😀

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was doing well for 2 days or so but today someone vomited in the garage, I am not sure if it was him or not. I’m kind of in a bind right now because we are almost out of the home-cooked I have very few cans of the canned and my car broke down so I’m not gonna have a car until Monday or Tuesday so I can’t get out to get the chicken to make more food. So stressful, ugh.

That is good you have a spray that you can use for her instead. I found one spray that I can use- a lot of them have lavender and and I’m allergic to that. This one does smell a little weird and when I tried it for Fred when he was first brought inside I don’t think he liked it because I sprayed it in the carrier part of the trap where he slept and he pooped in there to mark it. I don’t think he liked the smell so I stopped using it. It says it does not have lavender in it but it kind of smells like it has some flowery smell.
Thanks, I am trying to, but as you know it is not easy. 😀
Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear about your car! You have some dry food, too, right, so at least there's something you can feed?

All those sprays are tricky! The good thing about Feliway is that it seems to work but it's a bit of a drag that it has to be sprayed in advance and left to sit for a while. I need to respray bedding for Edwina! Someone on our local Buy Nothing had some sort of spray that apparently worked for her (former, RIP) cat but I passed on it even though the ingredients looked OK, with nothing scented. Ireland, our asthmatic cat, has enough allergy issues at this time of year and has been doing some light coughing of late, though she seems fine over all.

I hope you make it to car repair with as little cat feeding problem as possible! And may there be no more vomiting!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear about your car! You have some dry food, too, right, so at least there's something you can feed?

All those sprays are tricky! The good thing about Feliway is that it seems to work but it's a bit of a drag that it has to be sprayed in advance and left to sit for a while. I need to respray bedding for Edwina! Someone on our local Buy Nothing had some sort of spray that apparently worked for her (former, RIP) cat but I passed on it even though the ingredients looked OK, with nothing scented. Ireland, our asthmatic cat, has enough allergy issues at this time of year and has been doing some light coughing of late, though she seems fine over all.

I hope you make it to car repair with as little cat feeding problem as possible! And may there be no more vomiting!
Amazon sells the smaller bottles https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BVZFL5J/?tag=

My vet told me to just spray it on their collars or crates, my cats wear collars all the time though especially when travelling. They are both chipped too but collar works for the average person who doesn't cary a scanner, especially true in cottage country!

has the same effect without the scent of the sentry ones.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazon sells the smaller bottles https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BVZFL5J/?tag=

My vet told me to just spray it on their collars or crates, my cats wear collars all the time though especially when travelling. They are both chipped too but collar works for the average person who doesn't cary a scanner, especially true in cottage country!

has the same effect without the scent of the sentry ones.
Thank you, IndyJones IndyJones , I've actually been using this exact same one! I just ordered a larger bottle since the diffuser seems like it might make our other cat cough. Edwina (the cat who currently needs calming), does seem to respond to the spray so I give some of her bedding a quick (rather than the recommended soaking) spray every few days. It does seem to help. The diffuser was total, absolute bliss for her but I'd long had concerns about diffuser meltdowns anyway so would not have wanted to have one of those things plugged in until all eternity!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My defuser left an oil streak on the wall and I had to replace the outlet after the defuser burnt it.

I don't use diffusers unless they are the ultrasonic ones now. I don't think feliway works in those though.

The smaller bottles are perfect for what I need it for. Mostly just the 4 hour car rides. I take my cats up north with me when I go. They both are very social and get upset left alone longer than an hour or so. Indy actually howls loud enough to hear it outside.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks 😀 I think we will be ok, I found some other cans I had missed. And there is a frozen turkey breast. I hope the car is ready tomorrow. It was one of those weird electrical issues that comes an goes apparently. Normally we have another drivable car, but stuff has happened since the pandemic.

They are kind of addicted to the dry already, ugh lol.There is enough food, I did not want to give Quinn the dry anymore. And now maybe someone else vomited yesterday,it could’ve been from some thing else too. I need to have spycams all over the place, lol, I only have two.

Due to my own asthma I think I am just going to avoid all of those things and only use the spray I have for cinnamon when he comes in and see how he reacts. If I think I’m going to react to something that can’t be avoided I use my inhalers ahead of time but I often forget to do that when I’m using these things for the kitties.

I hope Ireland is OK. Sybil was asthmatic and we used inhalers for her and pills at first but eventually she seem to have a remission and she didn’t need them anymore. But you could tell from x-rays there was scarring on her lungs from the asthma. I was surprised by that because in people you can have asthma for years and there is no sign of it in x-rays.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks 😀 I think we will be ok, I found some other cans I had missed. And there is a frozen turkey breast. I hope the car is ready tomorrow. It was one of those weird electrical issues that comes an goes apparently. Normally we have another drivable car, but stuff has happened since the pandemic.

They are kind of addicted to the dry already, ugh lol.There is enough food, I did not want to give Quinn the dry anymore. And now maybe someone else vomited yesterday,it could’ve been from some thing else too. I need to have spycams all over the place, lol, I only have two.

Due to my own asthma I think I am just going to avoid all of those things and only use the spray I have for cinnamon when he comes in and see how he reacts. If I think I’m going to react to something that can’t be avoided I use my inhalers ahead of time but I often forget to do that when I’m using these things for the kitties.

I hope Ireland is OK. Sybil was asthmatic and we used inhalers for her and pills at first but eventually she seem to have a remission and she didn’t need them anymore. But you could tell from x-rays there was scarring on her lungs from the asthma. I was surprised by that because in people you can have asthma for years and there is no sign of it in x-rays.
I hope your car is fixed and you were able to make more food! But at least you had more on hand than you thought you did. Fingers crossed that everyone's been happily eating what they're supposed to.

Ireland has been doing fine, thank you, though yesterday the air quality was bad and she had a couple small coughs. (Though I think at least one of them was caused by her inhaling some of the crumbled treat dust on her meal... that has happened more than once!) I've only been using spray Feliway for the time being.

Anyway, I hope all's well with Quinn!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your car is fixed and you were able to make more food! But at least you had more on hand than you thought you did. Fingers crossed that everyone's been happily eating what they're supposed to.

Ireland has been doing fine, thank you, though yesterday the air quality was bad and she had a couple small coughs. (Though I think at least one of them was caused by her inhaling some of the crumbled treat dust on her meal... that has happened more than once!) I've only been using spray Feliway for the time being.

Anyway, I hope all's well with Quinn!
I hope Ireland is ok. Does she have the aerocat? Quinn is good and I finally made the food earlier. Xena on the other hand seems to be getting runs I hope it’s not from the dry food. I know because both he and Merlin pooped in Fred’s litter box when they were in the room, so I saw who did what.

The car is OK turned out the alarm had been set off and that locked everything but they kept it all weekend and there was there was no charge! 50 million other disasters have been happening now unfortunately.

Quinn and Fred had kind of a fight, not really a fight, Quinn was hissing, screeching at Fred behind the bed and triedand get him out of there and Fred was trying to stand his ground so I had to put Quinn out of the room. No injuries or anything like that so it wasn’t a real fight I don’t know Fred was upset.

i’m not sure what to do about Fred because he is interacting less and less and hiding behind the bed if I come in there and I sweep at all he runs into the closet. He is off the medicine for a while and I wonder if I should try putting him back on to see if that will help him interact more.

I think he was so hungry one of the times I came to give him a treat of home cooked food he squeezed his eyes at me he got some raw too. I think that might be the first time- but it is taking a really awfully long time and I’m starting to lose hope he is ever going to be anywhere except behind the bed or running into the closet.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I just weighed Merlin, he is obese, it appears he has gained a pound, now 19 pounds. I am so fed up with this. I just want him to be healthy and thin again and he just keeps getting fatter and wants to eat NON STOP.

He has been on a diet for 5 months now. Dvm was useless and idiotic saying feed him food he doesn’t like so he will eat less. I asked about behavioral meds to help with his food obsession / anxiety after he swallowed string due to it, which cost me $1000 plus for one treatment at er dvm that they knew wasn't going to work- all of it unneeded because he was ok with 0 treatments, and then she says I am condemning him to a life of meds.
The head dvm never bothered to call me when I called to complain about her ridiculous statements to me, but said on a message it is normal to chew and eat string!… prior to my call.
They are quite happy to collect thousands from me while I save these cats, most of the time they die- the outdoor kitties, in part due to lack of proper diagnosis, while they criticize me and do nothing in this case to help Merlin.
How about condemning him to obesity which will shorten his life? One rec was also to purchase very expensive chip dishes which don’t work. Guess what, we can’t all spend hundreds to try a dish that reviews say doesn’t work.

I will never forget when one dvm, now no longer there, said to me when it was obvious Giorgio was dying and I wanted to let him go, I should try steroids, wtf, this was after I called asking to do more bw a few times as he declined, and they never returned my call and then said it wasn’t necessary. I told her you should have done bw two weeks ago when I told you to, now it is too late and he is suffering. Sometimes I really hate these people.

They did bw on Merlin at his yearly I think at my insistence, but failed to test for hypothyroidism.

Last edited: