Vomiting after meals daily now?

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, Our senior girl cat has now begun daily vomiting over past few wks. A vet who saw her said she has early kidney dis. But that was back a month ago as elevated kidney numbers found. She treated our cat w/a laxatone? type substance put on her finger glove & cat came home & for 2 days no vomit of hairballs but just diarrhea. So vet claims it is hairballs. But now over past few days it is less hairballs but almost ANY meal or amount of food? I'm using Sheba all flavors, & Fancy Feast (mostly poultry & beef).

We made an all-cat vet appt for Monday but could go to old vet asap if we want since she may be dehydrated tho from constant vomit. She for sure has increased her h2o intake over past few months showing more signs of aging kidneys. This vomiting can be many things from hairballs to inflammation or cancer or who knows? I guess only the all-cat vet group has the ability to diagnose & treat her accordingly. It is just money becomes a factor as we spent alot just few wks ago at a 5 day stay for our poor feral who only lasted 19 days after the 5day ICU stay. :(

This all comes a wk or so since our feral died. He had pancreatitis too in ER vet hospital 3 wks before his death. I'm very upset re all this as this comes on heels of trying to deal with loss of our precious feral who suffered too much with CKD.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am sorry about your little feral guy. RIP little buddy. :angel:

As far as your senior girl, vomiting can be a common issue with cats who have kidney disease. And, the reason(s) can vary. Have you taken a look at the felinecrf website? This particular link below is to the section about vomiting, maybe it can help you determine some options to discuss with the vet in order to try to narrow down the cause(s). Full scale blood work could reveal some of the probable reasons.
Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Appetite Loss, Nausea and Vomiting (felinecrf.org)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TY for this. I'm still in shock/grief over my feral & now this becomes the focus? There's sometimes NO end to the problems coming at us owners. I hope it isn't renal related nor cancer. I know reanl & cancer are the 2 main ways cats pass. Being we knew neither cat's age when we got them, it is hard to even know what to attribute it to that is a rational idea.