Vomiting after a bowel movement?

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHolistic
Its interesting that he vomited twice in the litter box. Have you noticed if he did this right after a bowel movement? My IBD kitty will sometimes vomit a little clear liquid or foam after a bowel movement. Since everything is connected, the contractions of his bowel movement sometimes upset his stomach and produce a vomiting response. Cats with intestinal track and/or digestive issues can have "flare ups" where they'll seem fine for awhile and then all of a sudden act "sick" (not eating, vomiting, etc.). As your kitty ages, he may start to develop sensitivities (more than one, unfortunately) that he did not have before. It may be helpful to keep a log of what he eats and his behaviors. Sometimes it can reveal a pattern or timeframe.

So, I was really intrigued by the above comment from GoHolistic on another thread. I have noticed my cat doing this infrequently (maybe on average every 2 months). I was just wondering if this is a common thing for all cats, or maybe just a common symptom with IBD kitties? If you have noticed your cat vomiting a little clear liquid or foam right after a bowel movement, would you share that and if your cat has IBS/IBD? Thanks!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my house, no one has IBD, and when someone vomits after a bowel movement, it's because they're constipated and straining too hard. If their stomach was empty, they'd vomit bile. If it has food, they vomit whatever's in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, so based upon your response and further reading/research on my part, vomiting after a bowel movement is not uncommon and not necessarily a sign of anything. I was just curious about the correlation, if any.