Vitamins for Lisa Pierson's Raw Food Diet

pig7ziti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello All,

I recently decided to try the raw food diet formulated by DVM Lisa Pierson. Tayla (my 10 year old asian leopard bengal) Had lost weight due to finicky eating so I figured i would try the meal especially because she likes to sneak fish and meat once in a while. I test trialed her with the ground chicken for 5 days and she really liked it so I bought the vitamins suggested to balance the meal. Unfortunately she did not like the addition of the vitamins to my dismay.

Therefore I am trying to find a home for the vitamins.

I have:

-fish oil capsules 

-b-complex 

-vitamin e

-bone meal

-and taurine

the vitamins have only been used once to make a batch of Lisa's diet and cannot be returned to iherb.com I don't to waste them.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before you get rid of them, I would try making a bath with everything except the fish oil. Some cats do not seem to like the smell/taste of fish oil. If that is the case, you can look into alternatives.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, what about toppers?  Mine started on premixes (tasty) and then onto Dr. P's and weren't impressed either, but topping it with plain ole parmesan sprinkles got them to eat it.  Over time I added less and less parmesan until now they eat Dr. P's happily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pig7ziti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She actually absolutely lover the fish oil. The problem with her is she is on prozac and before switching to liquid she had the pills and got used to strange smells in her treats and food