Vitamins and minerals to add to food missing this

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am considering feeding my cat a simpler canned cat food because of a need for lower phosphorus for CKD and unique protein for IBD. The rabbit pates I am considering does not have vitamins or minerals for a complete diet. Can you recommend a good quality simple vitamin and mineral supplement to add into my cat food? I am considering Evanger’s rabbit pate, Rayne diagnostic rabbit, or Wysong Epigen rabbit. Has anyone done this successfully? Anyone have a good nuitritionist to help make sure the diet is complete? Thanks

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
This will be difficult to do without a complete nutrient analysis of the canned food you are using. It's impossible to balance it out nutritionally if you don't know exactly what's in it to begin with. I would instead recommend doing a homecooked diet with a pre-mix that uses eggshell calcium such as TCFeline. There is also Alnutrition and EZ complete.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could you call Wysong and ask if they have any supplements to add to their Epigen to make it a complete food? I know they have supplements, like Add Life. Maybe Evangers and Rayne have supplements too...just give them a call and see what they recommend

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I am not sure there is a way to add complete vitamins & minerals to an incomplete canned food. If you find one though, I'd love to know as my cat seems to love incomplete supplemental cans but not the complete ones...

I did contact EZComplete (a pre-mix with complete vitamins, supplements and liver to be added to homecooked or raw food) to ask them if it could be added to canned food, but they said no. This is because when you add the mix, you are meant to weight the raw meat and measure out the correct amount of pre-mix to go in the food to get the ratio right. With a canned food, unfortunately, you cannot weigh the "raw" starting amount so you don't know the proper amount of premix to add. I admit I am very sad about this.

Wishing you the best in finding a solution that works for you and your cat!