Visitations?

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was just talking to another member about this. So I thought I'd throw it out for further discussion. I understand that others have mentioned visitations but I was thinking perhaps we could put it in one place, if you guys like the idea?
So, what brought this up was me awakening in the middle of the night, a few nights ago, with my beautiful sweet Rascal boy wrapped around my neck! He's the only one who ever did this, so I'm quite certain it was him, and he was purring ( that tiny purr). I could feel him there, but not touch. But it was such a comfort to me, as I had been crying in my sleep. I smiled finally and was able to go back to sleep peacefully and feeling much better ( though I still miss him terribly!).
This has happened to me a number of times over the years. I'll see one of my lost ones out of the corner of my eye, or ( most often) one or more will walk across me or the bed. I can feel the weight, but rarely see them....but my other cats do! I've watched them looking at a spot, then following it around the room.
They often act like they want to play with whoever is visiting...and sometimes I think they do, judging from the racket racing through the house! It certainly sounds like more than one kitty. Meanwhile my other three are sleeping or sitting on my bed...so it isn't them.
Anyone care to add to this, or even tell me I'm crazy is equally welcome. I find it hugely comforting to think, KNOW that they are still with me in some form. Anyone else????

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shortly after I lost my dear Tabby in October of this year, I was awakened from a sound sleep by several, loud "meows" as if he was trying to get my attention!  It startled me at first, because when I opened my eyes I fully expected to see him there on the bed next to me, but he wasn't.   He would  always do this when he had a hard time waking me up to feed him.  I've also heard him clawing on the carpet at the foot of my bed, and even felt him jump up on the bed, all while I was fully awake.  I've heard him moving around the house at night.  I live alone, and there was nothing else in the house that could explain the noises.  Call it crazy, but it happens. 

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I totally think we are comforted in these kinds of ways!!!
I would LOVE to feel Min kneading my neck at night as she always did :)
After she passed one day Mikki was on my lap and all of a sudden popped up her head.. stared at the water dish then her eyes moved across the room to a box that Min would lay in. Mikki never uses the water dish... only Minnie but I keep it there in case Mikki will use it. I just know she saw something!!!
It was very comforting.
And then there was my angel that appeared in a picture of Min's box that her ashes were delivered in. That was sooo what I needed that day :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so happy to hear that. I too was comforted by Rascal showing up the way he did and such perfect timing. I wonder if this is why there are so many stories of cats having 9 lives? Linda and I have seen the walk through walls routine as well. Sometimes I think that they are such highly developed creatures that they live in more than one plane of existence.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm so happy to hear that. I too was comforted by Rascal showing up the way he did and such perfect timing. I wonder if this is why there are so many stories of cats having 9 lives? Linda and I have seen the walk through walls routine as well. Sometimes I think that they are such highly developed creatures that they live in more than one plane of existence.
Interesting though that one about differnent planes of extistence.  What ever is behind it I have felt both my snow leopard and Pal around my home since they crossed the bridge.  Looking in to my nedroom or sitting room from the doors they would stick their little heads round,   or  watching me from the side of my bed.   Sometimes I get a feeling Mouse senses something too but he seems comfortable with it.  

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is part of a reply I left in another thread, I thought I would share it with you;

"When my boy crossed the bridge just over a year ago I was devastated. There were many nights that I couldn't sleep and would just lay in bed quietly sobbing trying not to wake my hubby (he gets up very early). On one of these nights I decided to get up and go into the spare bedroom and look out of the window for a while to calm myself. As I turned the blind open there was a cat sitting across the street looking at me! If I hadn't lost my boy I would have sworn it was him. I watched this cat and this cat seemed to watch me and then it walked slowly to the corner of the street under the streetlight, turned and looked at me and then walked round the corner. I was smiling, why, I don't know. Was it a sign?, I don't know. Did I dream it?, I don't think so. Whatever happened that night made me feel better, calmer even"

I too have thought I've seen my boy out the corner of my eye in certain places he liked to be in the house. My two girls will often both look and follow something with their eyes and its when they both do this at exactly the same time that gets me wondering.
I think cats are so finely tuned than they can experience things far beyond our capabilities.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've told my story to whoever will listen, about the morning after we lost our precious Chrissy. My husband and I were standing at the window, crying and looking out onto her grave across the lawn, when my husband cried out "Chrissy, PLEASE show us a sign that you made it to the Bridge!" At that moment a shooting star shot sideways across the sky! I don't know how a sign could be any clearer! Then, every morning for weeks I would find one distinctive ringed hair laying on my vanity, my other two cats are solid colored, not a tabby like she was, and her hair was very distinctive. I truly believe she was trying to comfort me. I collected the hair every day and placed it in a safe place, to this day I look at her gift and think of her. I have never felt the sense of loss I have felt with her passing, not with any other pet, nor any other human either. My heart has grieved for others who have left my life, but somehow I accepted the loss and moved on. I have yet to do so with my Chrissy, and some days I wonder if I ever will. It's so very hard to put a shattered soul back together.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had an Australian Cattle Dog named Angel for 15 1/2 years. Our oldest cat Sweetie was raised with her so he knew her. Our three babies have only seen a dog once. Angel used to lay on my daughters bed during the day when we were at work looking out the window. Every so often the three babies will freeze in there tracks and stare at my daughters bedroom doorway. We can not break their stares or make them move for a few minutes. Angel laid by me feet at the end of my chaise lounge at night. My oldest cat will not sit in that spot on the chair to this day. We lost Angel over three years ago.

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had one from my grand father. I hope my cat comes to visit me. I miss him so much. I love him dearly. I want to know he's ok. For those that have had visits you are so lucky.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had one from my Dad the night he passed, so I knew before my Mom even called. Most of my visits have been at night, especially when I'm grieving for them. That's when they seem to come to comfort you. You can feel them walking on the bed, or better yet, snuggled up with you. My Rascal had wrapped himself around my neck like a fluffy scarf, and it was wonderful. I smiled through my tears, and we gently went back to sleep.

sharon budd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I too feel my kady on my bed I always call her name and I know its not my other 3 sophia brodie and ella as they are downstairs or a kip elsewhere my baby left me on the 15th may 2014 and 10 days later I saw her as clear as day on my grandaughters toy box I called her name and she gave me a slow blink and I watched her dissapear I cried for hours that day to see her again and see her looking healthy again and I cried knowing that she had gone to the bridge I believe they stay near as the love they felt for us on earth they take with them to the bridge

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I lost Keyes, I was so grief stricken.  I couldn't even go to his grave site.  Couldn't handle it.  He was allowed to go outside and when I would call him he would come running to beat the band across the yard.  After some time had passed, I was looking out my kitchen window and I swear to God, there he was running across the yard coming back home.  Even after 4 years, just talking about this brings me to tears again.  Miss you Keyekeye.

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are all so lucky to have visitations. I pray to god that my boy come see me but he hasn't. I hope he does. I want to know he's ok.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I guess we are. I just wish they could come back and stay. Having lost three so close together is just awful. I miss them so much, and even with the visits, it's not the same as having them right here to love and cuddle. Forgive me for sounding so down. I've been sick the past few days and it's probably adding to everything else.

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't apologise. You can be as down as you want. You have every right to be. But cheer up bedside if they came to visit you, that means they're ok! And there is an afterlife!

Hugs to you my friend!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Cindy was sick, she got to where she would only eat dry food, but it was hard for her to get it out of the bowl.  We would leave kibble scattered on a hard plastic mat on the floor in front of the dresser.  I would know she was in the room because I would hear her pawing the kibble across the mat. I would always say Cindy's here! Hi Cindy! A couple days after Cindy passed, I heard a noise in the corner of the room, followed by the distinct sound of kibble being moved on the mat.  I loved over, but didn't see anything.  The next night I was downstairs and DH called down to ask if Swanie was down here with me, and he was.  Later he told me he had heard the same thing, kibble being moved on the mat. 

Today he told me he was feeling especially down and missing her, and he heard a trill like she used to make.

Swanie will often get that stare other have described, and nothing will distract him, not even if I open a treat bag.  He'll look at me, then go right back to staring. 

I have a couple times also seen a cat tail out of the corner of my eye.  I don't know which cat it might be.  I haven't gotten a clear sign from Darcy, but she may have tried and I may have missed it. 

My mother sent us several signs after she passed, and so did DH's mom.  You just have to be open to the possibility and you'll see them.

glencatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember shortly after I lost my Sally last July I woke up one morning feeling sad and missing her. I went back to sleep, but in my light sleep I had a little dream that she was rubbing against me and purring. I'm waiting to experience something like that with Minnie, who I lost last Wednesday. It seems to me that a day or two after Minnie crossed over, I could slightly see her out the corner of my eye, but I'm not sure. I thought I could hear her faintly meow once, but I'm not sure of that either. Once in a while I'll tell both my cats in an audible voice that they are always welcome to come around. 

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OH I know .... we miss them so much and just want that "sign" that all is well, but I believe in my heart it is :)
The other night our Mikki (who has been grieving the passing of Minnie) was very restless and she mostly sleeps upstairs with my hubby and Mikki was in his arms and he SWORE he heard "another" meow.. and it wasn't Mikki. I had to smile because it's me that would be the one that's claiming to hear things... never something he'd think would be possible :)

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GlenCatMan,
That's truly wonderful that you've been seeing and hearing them again. I think they stick around for as long as they think we need them to. I always feels the warmth and love they brought me in life when they do come for a visit. If you keep an eye on your kitties, they will often tell you when your other babies have returned. They always know. They seem to spend more time with and around you when the loss is recent, because it's when you need them the most, and they want you to know that they are still nearby to comfort you.
I lost three of my babies within two months last fall and was completely devastated! It was horrible, and I just couldn't stop crying for a very long time. It felt as if my life had ended along with theirs. Then I started getting visits from each of them, and even some from years back. It was a huge help for me, and now I've adopted another cat in desperate need of a home. He is helping me too, just by needing me.
And now, watching him finally realizing that he truly IS home for good is amazing. Today he was bouncing around and playing with me. I just know that my cats led me to him since he's around six, and likely I wouldn't have looked for another yet, especially one a bit older. But he fits into my cat family as if he'd always been here, and they get along very well. I hope you get many more visits to help you get through this, and you know we are all here as well to talk if you need it. Bless you...

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MnM,
I think it's wonderful that your hubby is getting visits too. Mine thought I was nuts until our beloved Paxi walked up his chest and laid down in his favorite spot. Now he's a believer too, and a lot happier for it. Bless them, they always know just the right thing to do to help us with our grief. Wonderful, magical little creatures with a huge impact! I feel honored to have " earned" and received their love, every time!