Virus concern from cat who had fip?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s still hiding. My dad and my sister looked too and they can’t find her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s still hiding. My dad and my sister looked too and they can’t find her.
Have you/they looked around outside, too? She could have gotten out and be hiding close by. If she has been an indoor cat, she will likely be close by. Even if she has been outdoors in the past, in a new and unfamiliar environment she will most likely return to be close to what she knows -- you, and the indoors.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There’s no possible way for her to get outside. No windows are open and there’s only 2 doors to go out. And at both of them we always watch for the cat when we go out, even when Mojo was here.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There’s no possible way for her to get outside. No windows are open and there’s only 2 doors to go out. And at both of them we always watch for the cat when we go out, even when Mojo was here.
Okay, so you can be absolutely sure she's in there. Have you looked under beds to see if she may have clawed a hole in the gauze and climbed in there if you have that kind of beds? My Elvis did this when he first joined our family. In cupboards and closets? Under desks and chests of drawers, even in spaces they can't possibly fit into (because they can!) If there are any lounge chairs, look in back because a cat can get in there. My Tarifa had a period of doing that until I discovered her hideaway.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There’s only one bed she can go under and she’s not there. I checked behind the tv, in the boxes, behind/in this mess of junk we have in one room, under the tiny trampoline, and under the tables and chairs. I will check the cabinets.
I have left more treats around the house, with catnip and none of them have been touched.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There’s only one bed she can go under and she’s not there. I checked behind the tv, in the boxes, behind/in this mess of junk we have in one room, under the tiny trampoline, and under the tables and chairs. I will check the cabinets.
I have left more treats around the house, with catnip and none of them have been touched.
Well, if she CAN'T get out, then she has to be in.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She can’t get out unless she can dig a hole through the wall and through some bricks.
I can’t check outside because it’s dark but I will check tomorrow morning just in case.
If we can’t find her I don’t know what I’ll do.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can’t get out unless she can dig a hole through the wall and through some bricks.
I can’t check outside because it’s dark but I will check tomorrow morning just in case.
If we can’t find her I don’t know what I’ll do.
She'll emerge from her hiding place if she's inside. Trust me on this. Leave fresh water out, and food, including some high quality dry food if you have it. She will get hungry/thirsty and she will come out.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did leave some treats on napkins around our house but my dad threw them away :(
I put some wet and dry food in her food bowl but she didn't eat it

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did leave some treats on napkins around our house but my dad threw them away :(
I put some wet and dry food in her food bowl but she didn't eat it
Can you explain to your dad that it's really important to lure her out of hiding and that food and treats are THE way to do this? I mean, I'd think he'd know that, but... :winkcat: ;):hangin::goodluck:

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dad let me put treats around our house again.
The cat’s owners said that she hid a lot at their house too.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay we found her! I sprayed some catnip spray on the carpet and I found her rolling on it lol. Now she is in my room grooming herself. She ate all the food that I but in her bowl.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just weighed her and she is only 6.8 pounds which is less than Mojo was before he got sick. Is she underweight?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay we found her! I sprayed some catnip spray on the carpet and I found her rolling on it lol. Now she is in my room grooming herself. She ate all the food that I but in her bowl.
SO glad and relieved, as you must be, too! See? (IDK about catnip spray on the carpet, though. That is giving her the message that it's okay to scratch the carpet. Your parents may not want her to do that. A scratching pad or post would be much better for the catnip spray, don't you agree?)
Not sure about her weight, and IDK how large a frame she has. There is a helpful diagram for determining a cat's body condition:
https://www.wsava.org/WSAVA/media/PDF_old/Body-condition-score-chart-cats.pdf

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I accidentally wrote catnip spray on the carpet somehow but I actually just sprayed it on a napkin the left it on the carpet.
Today she played with a toy a little bit :)
Right now she is watching my gerbils. It’s like tv for her lol. (I am sure the gerbils are safe)
My dad says it’s possible to get another cat in a while if we keep this cat. Is it better to have 2 cats if they get along?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I accidentally wrote catnip spray on the carpet somehow but I actually just sprayed it on a napkin the left it on the carpet.
Today she played with a toy a little bit :)
Right now she is watching my gerbils. It’s like tv for her lol. (I am sure the gerbils are safe)
My dad says it’s possible to get another cat in a while if we keep this cat. Is it better to have 2 cats if they get along?
Oh, absolutely, positively, definitely YES! And they probably wouldn't get along right away. It takes time, just like it does with people. Jackson Galaxy has LOTS of great tutuorials, ideas and suggestions on integrating cats into the family. His videos on YouTube and his series, "MY CAT FROM HELL" on Animal Planet are extremely helpful on the subject.
And the spraying on the napkin is a great idea!