Vincent, the yellow tomcat

Dario the GreyCat

Owned by Dario since 10/09/2019
Adult Cat
Purraise
At long last, Vincent Van Gogh is set to have a vet exam and bloodwork and after that, as long as he’s healthy he’ll be neutered.

He gets regular flea and tick meds. It’s taken 5 years to get this close to this guy. He now sleeps in the barn with the other working cats my parents have. (They get fed wet twice a day and have dry down all the time) 10 acres on a dead end road.

I’m excited to finally be able to get him the help he needs. And get that eye checked out. He was so skinny and covered in fleas before I’m glad he lets me put the meds on and shows up for food. He’s no longer got a flea issue and has been putting on weight.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dario the GreyCat

Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I’m hoping to give him a long and happy retirement. It’s taken so long to get him to this point, when he approached, my mom and I were worried he would pass away. But, we got him fed and treated. He’s a sweet old guy.
On the 23rd he’ll get checked out.

Dario the GreyCat

Adult Cat
Purraise
Vincent was very good at the vet. He’s a very scarred up cat, she thinks he’s only 6-7 years old.
No feline leukemia but he came back positive for FIV. So now I have to read up about FIV.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 former feral cats that are both FIV+. I brought them both inside to live. I did not want them possibly infecting other cats and since their immune system is compromised, I did not want them living outside any longer.

I do have 4 other cats ( so 6 total). They all live together. FIV is only caused by a deep bite or puncture. Most cats that have been neutered no longer fight with the intent to bite that deep. I have not had any issues with the cats all living together.

I do give them daily immune supplements to help keep their immune system strong. One of the boys had a digestive issue last year. It did take him much longer to get rid of it.

FIV is not a death sentence, but it would be helpful if this sweet boy could live inside.

Dario the GreyCat

Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping that after he gets neutered I can bring him inside my house. My vet is... old school? So she was against me bringing him in with Dario. Even suggesting I change clothes between them because of the FIV. What supplement do you use? He is fed wet food regularly, all of the working cats (who refuse to live inside, it didn't work well when we tried before Dario) are along with having dry available all day.

If he stops spraying, I'd be happy to bring him inside. I'm afraid him spraying and Dario learning to spray. I live in a tiny house and am adding a catio soon. He's a sweet cat, and I love him, I just want to do the best for him.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Vetriscience DMG https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002TR67O/?tag=thecatsite You can also find it on Chewy.

Spraying usually will diminish after neutering. Yet I have another former feral living in my house ( I moved 2 years ago and brought my 3 outside feral boys with me to begin life inside) who although neutered at 18 months, still will spray on occasion. Yet none of the others spray. They are all males and 5 are former feral cats.

If he could live in the catio that would be awesome too. It would keep him safe and if vet care is needed you could easily get to him.

Thank you for taking care of him and giving him a wonderful life.

Dario the GreyCat

Adult Cat
Purraise
I’d love to move him into the catio, at the very least. We’ll see what he’ll let me do.

Last edited:

Dario the GreyCat

Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, besides the FIV, Vincent is healthy! And he’s all set to be neutered. His appointment is July 1st.
He and Dario met briefly and it went well, the bf is aware that we’ll hopefully have two inside cats. Or a big catio at the very least.
D0E90DA8-7A9C-4154-A6EE-F55BAFD7764A.jpeg
5BDA5852-0358-4B26-9B87-455DFEBAE5C7.jpeg
40A4D14B-15D9-441E-A1D8-4D89D5CA73B8.jpeg

Here he is being a lovebug. He was this way at the vet’s as well.

Dario the GreyCat

Adult Cat
Purraise
Vincent neutered and home!

Attachments

Dario the GreyCat

Adult Cat
Purraise
So far so good, he’s healing well and he’s a happy boy. I got enzyme cleaner for my tiny house but he seems to only have sprayed on the towels in the bathroom I left out for him. He got the idea of the litter box really quickly.

Attachments

Dario the GreyCat

Adult Cat
Purraise
He's adapted to being inside better than the other working cats I've met. He's pretty pleased with life. Got him neutered, his rabies vaccination and a microchip. His recovery is going well and he's taken to the litterbox way better than I expected.

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's adapted to being inside better than the other working cats I've met. He's pretty pleased with life. Got him neutered, his rabies vaccination and a microchip. His recovery is going well and he's taken to the litterbox way better than I expected.
Hi.
I'm so glad he is happy and healthy, thanks for updating us!