Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Videos That Show Cats Purring Really Loud?

Discussion in 'Fur Pictures and Videos Only!' started by Anne, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Anne

Anne Thread Starter Site Owner Staff Member Admin

Oct 23, 2000
    On TCS
    Some cats get really loud when they purr, don't they? If your kitty revs up that inner engine really loudly, maybe you can record a video with that shows that, upload that to YouTube and share here?

Alternatively, if you know of any really good Youtube videos of cats that are extra loud the purrs, can you please share them here? I'm thinking of creating a collection of those for a new site article at some point and could use some help finding the cream of the crop purring videos!

p.s. I know there are some really cool ones of big cats purring. Looking for domestic ones for this thread/article but if you find a big cat gem, do share too. Thanks!

LeiLana80 and Twinklelight The Cat purraised this.

2. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    I love this idea for a thread!

Here is the loudest purr:

3. Anne

Oct 23, 2000
    On TCS
    Ha! I wonder if we can dig into YouTube and find even louder cats (the ones that never thought about calling Guinness to come and document their purr).
    So, TCS'ers - anyone up for the challenge? Let's find some super loud purrers documented on YouTube!

tarasgirl06, Twinklelight The Cat and abyeb purraised this.

4. tarasgirl06

tarasgirl06 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    I don't have any really loud purrers here right now, but our beloved Tomo-Taisho had a big loud motor and I used to put him on the phone so my mom could hear him. She did love hearing him buzz!
    Here's a YouTube video of Tribble, who has a very respectable, not to mention adorable, purr:

5. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Aww! His purr sounds almost like a bird singing! :loveeyes:

tarasgirl06 purraised this.

6. basscat

basscat TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 29, 2015
    Hmmmm...........:ohwell:

1CatOverTheLine purraised this.

7. EggSandwich

EggSandwich Cinnamon's roll Adult Cat

Jun 7, 2017
    Western Pennsylvania

This is the first one that popped up when I googled it. This cat does have a pretty loud purr.
    -

How about this one? What a cute kitten! Purrs loud, too. You don't realize how small the kitten is until the hand comes down to pet him.
    -
    I'll have to get a video of Cinnamon purring one of these days. She's loud too--we were considering naming her Diesel or Engine before we figured out she was a girl :lol:
    I'll have to look further into YouTube videos as well. We'll see.

reddice, Anne, 1CatOverTheLine and 1 other person purraised this.

8. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    There's only one word for those: suPURRlative :happycat: Can't wait for a Cinnamon purring video! :runningcat:

1CatOverTheLine and EggSandwich purraised this.

9. Anne

Oct 23, 2000
    On TCS
    Awesome clips - thank you!

10. reddice

reddice TCS Member Young Cat

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    That is how my cat Sandy purrs. He almost never meows. I thought maybe there was something wrong with him but it seems normal.

11. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

I have a clip on Facebook of Angel Floey purring-but I don't know how to save it to my phone. Anyone know how to do this? I may have to log in the computer at home and see how to save it in order to upload on youtube. it's a sound only video-it was dark in the bedroom and filmed Floey's purr...

12. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    You could try making a file and putting it in the file on your PC and then uploading it to your phone. Not sure what phone you have, so not sure if this would work for you. Or you could cast it to the phone, again, depending on what devices you have.

13. basscat

basscat TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 29, 2015
    I just thought this was loud. It's quiet compared to the above cats. Oh well, Volume UP!
    I also thought it would be a good idea to use a mic. That was a mistake. Too bad I had stopped recording when the battle for microphone ownership began. :flail:

EggSandwich, LotsOfFur and tarasgirl06 purraised this.

14. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    OH, gosh, that's a very respectable deep bass bobcat purr!

15. LotsOfFur

LotsOfFur What greater gift than the love of a cat. Top Cat

Jul 13, 2015
    Texas
    :yeah:
    My sweet little Fuzz Barry "sings" like that too! I'll have to try and record him. The only obstacle to overcome is that he is a 7 month old who is full of energy & he seems to like to "serenade" me while I'm in the bathroom :dunno:

Great thread! :heartshape: