klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm! So obviously a well done marketing campaign but backed up with real scientific information. We just recently started feeding our cat Gohan the Weruva shredded chicken pouches. He’s very picky but I never considered it to be because of texture. Makes a lot of sense and we have been doing more and more shredded foods lately because he seems to really like them.

Thanks for sharing! Makes me more excited about trusting the Weruva brand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm! So obviously a well done marketing campaign but backed up with real scientific information. We just recently started feeding our cat Gohan the Weruva shredded chicken pouches. He’s very picky but I never considered it to be because of texture. Makes a lot of sense and we have been doing more and more shredded foods lately because he seems to really like them.

Thanks for sharing! Makes me more excited about trusting the Weruva brand.
I have been feeding Weruva for a few weeks and my cats have never been happier to eat since they were small. They like the pate rather than the shredded. I switched because the brand seem to value moisture rich product which is important for cat's health.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried Delilah on the Weruva a 2nd time and it was a no go. So I'm throwing in the towel on that brand.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried Delilah on the Weruva a 2nd time and it was a no go. So I'm throwing in the towel on that brand.
Don't blame you. I usually give a brand a couple chances and if it's still a no, I stop trying. :lol: Weruva seems to be the brand they are liking at the moment so I will buy it until they say otherwise. I think because they have such a wide variety between the Classic, Cats in the Kitchen, and BFF that I've had such good luck.

The videos were meant to be informative about the info given, not really about that brand per se.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't blame you. I usually give a brand a couple chances and if it's still a no, I stop trying. :lol: Weruva seems to be the brand they are liking at the moment so I will buy it until they say otherwise. I think because they have such a wide variety between the Classic, Cats in the Kitchen, and BFF that I've had such good luck.

The videos were meant to be informative about the info given, not really about that brand per se.
Delilah seems to be set on the Wellness right now I was surprised when I gave her 1 variety and she inhaled it so fast she threw up. Then she went back to re-eat it all. I missed a spot and she was still trying to get at it. So I guess it's a win (for now).

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Delilah seems to be set on the Wellness right now I was surprised when I gave her 1 variety and she inhaled it so fast she threw up. Then she went back to re-eat it all. I missed a spot and she was still trying to get at it. So I guess it's a win (for now).
MIne have never eaten so fast they threw up but they have been known to eat their entire meal in less than five minutes.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MIne have never eaten so fast they threw up but they have been known to eat their entire meal in less than five minutes.
She did it a few times after I adopted her, when she was still unsure as to whether or not another cat was going to steal her food (apparently she was bullied and pushed away from the "good food" by other cats at the shelter) but hadn't done that since she realized it's just me and her and no one is taking her food.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If our cat Belle took five minutes to eat her food, I wonder what's wrong. That could have something to do with the fact we feed her three smaller portions a day. We feed her at the same time we have dinner and when I set her dish down, she often polishes it off by the time I sit to take my first bite!

Belle eats everything we put before her- wet food, dry food (she doesn't get dry food anymore, but if we put it before her, she'd eat it), raw liver, gizzards & hearts, various treats, tidbits of meat when cooking our own dinner- She eats it all and is always ready for more!

Weruva's theory about texture is an interesting one and makes some sense. But there was nothing scientific about that video. At best, it's anecdotal evidence.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
True, it felt scientific at the time but you’re right it was anecdotal or observational. It did ring true to me, though.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I can say for sure that Delilah is very texture oriented. She won't touch a pate unless it's super mousse like and she won't touch foods that look like it's real shredded meat.

One thing can be misleading. A few companies call their food "shreds" but it's more of a ground.