Video Upload Limits

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I've spent the last few days learning how to compile videos into an mp4 for the Hollywood video contest, but when I tried to upload the video to my gallery, the size is too big (114 MB).
Only 25MB or less can be uploaded? Any way around this?
Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
donnae green and teal banner.jpg
I asked the same question but the site doesn't have the resources to accommodate larger files at the present.
Thanks mightyboosh mightyboosh . I guess I'll try YouTube to put this one in the funny videos thread and find something else for the contest.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae , I ran into similar problems with larger files... but I found out that when exporting a .m4v from iMovie to a desktop folder, you can choose what size of file to export" "mobile", "medium" and "large". Picking a smaller size really lowers the MB in size.

For example, what I had to do to lower the size of a 48.1MB .mov file to a .m4v file was make the size "480x360" (for "mobile" viewing on iPhone and iPad), and that alone lowered the MB size of the same movie to 6MB! Have you tried that?
:vibes:

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
donnae green and teal banner.jpg
Ok PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws , sounds like I have a new mission. Thanks for the info!

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mightyboosh mightyboosh and PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws
Someone mentioned in the contest thread that there were instructions to make videos sizes smaller at the beginning of the thread. You have to follow the links, but there is a free online site to compress videos. It took mine from 114 MB to 14.57 MB. Quality looks fine.