Video Upload Limits

Discussion in 'Site Help' started by donnae, Feb 11, 2018.

1. donnae

donnae Thread Starter TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 27, 2017
    Hi,
    I've spent the last few days learning how to compile videos into an mp4 for the Hollywood video contest, but when I tried to upload the video to my gallery, the size is too big (114 MB).
    Only 25MB or less can be uploaded? Any way around this?
    Thanks

2. mightyboosh

mightyboosh TCS Member Super Cat

Jul 19, 2017
    Burnley, UK
    I asked the same question but the site doesn't have the resources to accommodate larger files at the present.

PushPurrCatPaws, donnae and jcat purraised this.
  3. donnae

Sep 27, 2017
    donnae green and teal banner.jpg
    Thanks @mightyboosh. I guess I'll try YouTube to put this one in the funny videos thread and find something else for the contest.

4. PushPurrCatPaws

PushPurrCatPaws TCS Member Top Cat

May 22, 2015
    @donnae, I ran into similar problems with larger files... but I found out that when exporting a .m4v from iMovie to a desktop folder, you can choose what size of file to export" "mobile", "medium" and "large". Picking a smaller size really lowers the MB in size.

For example, what I had to do to lower the size of a 48.1MB .mov file to a .m4v file was make the size "480x360" (for "mobile" viewing on iPhone and iPad), and that alone lowered the MB size of the same movie to 6MB! Have you tried that?
    :vibes:

mightyboosh and donnae purraised this.
  5. donnae

Sep 27, 2017
    donnae green and teal banner.jpg Ok @PushPurrCatPaws , sounds like I have a new mission. Thanks for the info!

6. donnae

Sep 27, 2017
    @mightyboosh and @PushPurrCatPaws
    Someone mentioned in the contest thread that there were instructions to make videos sizes smaller at the beginning of the thread. You have to follow the links, but there is a free online site to compress videos. It took mine from 114 MB to 14.57 MB. Quality looks fine.

mightyboosh purraised this.