Video of Loki the Savannah

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Filmed today and posted on You Tube trying to get the hang of my new camera. I shot this on the lowest HD resolution because the SD card I have writes too slow. Something I didn't have a clue about when I bought this camera. Live & Learn.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is absolutely magnificent, Nial. SOOOO glad you guys saved him.. and I bet he's glad too... friends, good food, smart, caring loving humans who understand him.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Such an athletic beauty!!! Your other kitties aren't the least bit intimidated, are they! They are ALL beautiful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

He's making some good progress from that first day of being a snarling lunging face full of fangs.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Stunnning cat. I love how he's so gently with the kitten pestering him.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Stunnning cat. I love how he's so gently with the kitten pestering him.
LOL, he has some not so gentle moments too. It's the only time I'm grateful he has no claws. He has a very high prey drive. Anything that runs from him becomes a target. He runs our Maine Coon down, which of course turns into a stand-off staredown, but if he had claws I think Runner the maine coon would be much more intimidated.
I detest de-clawing but perhaps in our case it works to everyone's benefit.
He's still testing his wings here. I think once everyone establishes what their cat super powers are things will click into place.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great video! Loki is really coming along and coming into his own. You're doing great with him and I can't wait to see him continue to progress. All of the cats are gorgeous!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's awesome.

I like the background music too.
It framed him beautifully.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Loki looks athletic!
I like his friend too. The one with the dark fur who looks puzzled as to why you're filming them.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

He's making some good progress from that first day of being a snarling lunging face full of fangs.
He sure seems to. He's so lucky (and so are you!) that he's living with you now.

All of your cats are just stunning examples of feline perfection. So beautiful!!

The kitten using you as a climbing post cracked me up.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for you comments, I appreciate each of them.

Loki still has his "evil" moments everyday. We're still trying to figure out exactly what tiggers him. Seems to be when he is up high on something. It's as if he got in big trouble before for being up high. (neither of us care if he's on the fridge or a top shelf)
Anyway, whenever he's jumped up on something high, he gets an attitude and acts as if he's in trouble. Hissing, spitting and swinging. There is no calming him until he's jumped down on his own. Even then , he's still P.O.d and will get after whichever cat is nearby, or take a swing at us. ( Poor dude still doesn't realize he has no claws)

Obviously we have more work to do with this guy. He's come leaps and bounds though, so I'm not complaining one bit.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Nial, that was so nice to watch.

The kittens have grown so much in just a couple of weeks! Pepper's coat looks much clearer than it did when I was there.

Loki looks like he's smiling more than once in the video - he seems really happy to get to play with the kittens.

I love the part where he's looking under the rug, the kittens all crowd around to see, and he suddenly LEAPS up into the air and runs out of the room!