Video ads?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There have been a couple of times I've ended up with a video pop up thread on my Android phone. I took a screenshot this morning.

Capture+_2021-10-11-08-07-32.png

It's not very often, just a couple times the past few days, and it's not super intrusive, just thought I'd point it out if it's something that's not supposed to be slipping through.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for letting us know. Quick question - were you logged in when this happened?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing was happening to me too. I was logged in as well.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just posted in the Feline Birthday Thread, (Fur Pictures & Videos Only), and a video ad popped up in the far right corner. I was logged in at the time.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the additional report! This definitely should not be happening. I confirmed that video ads are still switched off for logged in users, so this is a bug somewhere in the system. We're working on squishing said the bug. My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the additional report! This definitely should not be happening. I confirmed that video ads are still switched off for logged in users, so this is a bug somewhere in the system. We're working on squishing said the bug. My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime!
It's really not a huge inconvenience! Thanks so much for all the work keeping our site running smoothly. Bugs happen!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Our tech people believe they have managed to get rid of the rogue ads. If you're still seeing them, please try clearing your cache. This should hopefully resolve the issue. If anyone is still seeing the ads, please report here in the thread. Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was voting in the picture contest on my laptop and a small video kept popping up and down on the side again.
1028211246a~2.jpg

I cleared my cache and it's still happening. If these are the ads I'm supposed to be seeing, please let me know!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am using my iPhone 10xr to read posts
I am signed in under my user name

I keep getting pop-up ads on each thread!

I have not used my lap top, as of yet; but I think the same thing will happen.

Help!!! Very annoying.
Thanks

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our tech people believe they have managed to get rid of the rogue ads. If you're still seeing them, please try clearing your cache. This should hopefully resolve the issue. If anyone is still seeing the ads, please report here in the thread. Thank you!
I cleared my cache, restarted my laptop and ......... everything is back to normal! No unwanted videos!
Thank you for your help!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm getting them now and I'm on my laptop. :confused2:

Last edited: