Vibes for Spencer please!

jcornman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! That's got to take a load off your mind.

I hope Spencer's mouth heals up soon. Keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a huge weight off my shoulders!  I can tell that they aren't really totally enjoying the dry food yet.  They still cry when I put out the dry, waiting for the "good" stuff that they are used to to be put out too.  But they all take their turn eating the dry, and they are all eating the wet that I put out in the evening. Spencer usually dives in first, then Katie. The plate is usually empty by morning, and Abby likes dry crunchy, so she tends to wait before eating the wet food.  I'm hoping she is also eating this new wet foot. But even if she isn't, I do see her eating the dry, so all is good.

My next vet visit with Spencer will be not this Saturday, but the next one.  He's only had the new food since his last vet visit, so hopefully there will be more improvement. If not, I'm not sure what the next step will be.  He's on the hypo-allergenic food. He's had 3 or 4 two week antibiotic.  I don't want to give him Prednisone because that can induce diabetes as well as kidney failure.  I was told they don't give "Benadryl" to cats; I forget the name of the medication they do give, but it also has its own issues.  So I don't want to go down that road if I don't have to.