Vibes for my Angel please

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg what a terrible week I've had,the weathers been lovely here so the cats have been out as they do and thursday night I got them all in from the garden and couldn't find Angel anywhere, she really doesn't go far so I was so worried, still yesterday no sign of her. This morning I got up early as we had an open day to attend and I went downstairs and I looked out the window, Angel was lying on the decking, I shouted her, she got up and was dragging her back leg, I picked her up and her leg was so, so swollen and there was blood, she was crying and looked so ill. 

Rung the vets straight away and took her down, they took her temp and the vet said it was one f the highest temps ever she had seen in a cat, she examined her and then just said that they couldn't look at her leg properely until her temperature had come down, so they took her in and put her on fluids, antibiotics and painkillers. I phoned them at dinner, still no change. I have just phoned them and her temp has come down so they have managed to examine her leg and x-ray her, she said there is a large puncture wound on her thigh but no other injuries thank goodness, they don't think it's another cat or dog as there in no other injuries, they think someone has hurt my baby
  They said she may be able to come home tomorrow if her temperature stays stable and so does she, they said she has eaten so thats a good sign, I am just totally mortified and upset, I miss my baby.x

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness Ruthyb, I am so sorry! I will defiantly say some prayers for your little Angel. "We Angel meowmys have to stick together!  Prayers for you both!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness Ruthyb, I am so sorry! I will defiantly say some prayers for your little Angel. "We Angel meowmys have to stick together!  Prayers for you both!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm missing her so much,she is such a mummys girl, I hope she can come home tomorrow but obviously I want her to get better, I just cannot believe the week I've had, can anything else possibly go wrong?x

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Ruthy, I am SO sorry! Oh hun.... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Oh you SO did not need this! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Of course, MANY vibes for your little Angel! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Oh it's always so distressing to think someone deliberately hurt an animal - let alone one of ours. :bawling: :bat: I'm SO sorry hun, but thank goodness she's going to be OK. :heart3:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awful Ruthy, to know someone did this on purpose. :(
:vibes: for Angel to get better soon.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just so upset at this moment and I feel so guilty for not trying hard enough to get her in,I checked all the neighbours. I will never, ever let the cats out again in the summer, they aren't safe. I'm phoning the vets at 9am tomorrow, hoping she will be able to come home.x

crickets mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vibes for Angel, and for you.  Im so sorry that happened to her.  Its so hard having to leave them at the vet.  She will get better soon.  Great that her temp dropped, and shes eaten.  It sounds like shes a tuff little girl, and dont feel guilty, your a good mommy. Many, Many Vibes!!!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like a bite from another cat or maybe a dog - those wounds can turn nasty very quickly, but she seems to be responding really well to her treatment.

Hope she is back home soon, so glad you found her.  It sounds like it was just in time.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like a bite from another cat or maybe a dog - those wounds can turn nasty very quickly, but she seems to be responding really well to her treatment.

Hope she is back home soon, so glad you found her.  It sounds like it was just in time.
They said because there is no other injuries and the size of the puncture wound it doesn't look like it was caused by another animal. I phoned up this morning and they said she is doing her well, as soon as she does a poop she can come home.x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, the vets have just phoned and I can pick her up at 8pm, I'm so excited.x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's home, my poor little baby, she pooped herself on the way home. She's came in, ate some food and then went to bed, her leg is so swollen, the nurse said she has cellulitis but she's on antibiotics so hopefully after a few days it will subside. She's got to go back on thursday for a check up but I am just so glad she's ok.x

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH Ruthy!! I am sorry this happened to your little Angel. Glad that she is back home and recovering. How scary for you. :hugs: Loads of vibes that she continues to recover :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How scary, Ruthy!!  I'm so glad your baby is back home!  Hope she recovers well with no complications.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
She'll be nourished with all the love you're giving her... So glad she's back.