Vibes for Brody, Please

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's terrific news! I couldn't wait to get online today for an update, and am so relieved. WTG, Brody!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear good news from your new vet. Brody is one lucky dog!! I hope all will continue to go so well. The heartworm treatments for Charlie were harder on me I think than they were on him. I hated having to leave him overnight for two nights, I think I drove the staff nuts with all my phone calls to check on him. Let us know how things progress.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yea Brody!!!!!!! What A little sweetie he is
I'm so glad to hear his prognosis is good!! Looks like you found a new vet too, that other vet sounds a bit suspect
Brody will be in my thoughts

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

This morning Brody jumped right out of his bed when I woke up. He was his usual happy little self. I brought his bowl of dried food into the kitchen to see if he had any interest in eating it. He sniffed it then sat down and looked at me. Dori walked over and sniffed his food, looked at him, and sniffed again. Brody then started eating! Dori helped
He only ate a few bites, but that's better than yesterday. I still gave him half a can of the Hills A/D.
Brody even shared the last little bite with Dori (the food is for felines also). I wish I could have gotten a picture of the two of them together. That doesn't normally happen. I think Dori must have known Brody was sick.

I will be checking on him again in just a few minutes at lunch time.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dori is taking good care of her doggie brother Brody.

That would have been an adorable photo.

Lots of positive vibes for Brody.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tanya, I am so glad to hear it isn't as bad as expected. Don't worry about going to the vets fearing the worst, I've done that several times.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I just want to search all over the place to find a miracle for him.
Sweet Brody found his miracle the day he showed up on your doorstep! Prayers that he can beat the heartworms!

I think offering food twice a day is a great idea! When my rainbow bridge dog Logan was old, he totally lost his appetite. We had to feed him twice a day or he would forget to eat! I think he was just senile...so very different from Brody. But so long as Dori is there to help remind Brody to finish up...maybe he will eat a little more!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Sweet Brody found his miracle the day he showed up on your doorstep!
You said it, Becky! He found himself a loving family - including Dori. It's so sweet that she's looking after him. Fate meant well when it led him to your door. Tanya, are you going to stick with the new vet? I like the fact that she's testing, and not just making assumptions.
I hate to say it, but I never had a dog (or cat, before Jamie) that really liked dry food (which is why I find Jamie's preference for it strange). Brody might prefer the canned food.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had tears in my eyes at the beginning of your thread but it's nice that it was a happy ending!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You said it, Becky! He found himself a loving family - including Dori. It's so sweet that she's looking after him. Fate meant well when it led him to your door. Tanya, are you going to stick with the new vet? I like the fact that she's testing, and not just making assumptions.
I hate to say it, but I never had a dog (or cat, before Jamie) that really liked dry food (which is why I find Jamie's preference for it strange). Brody might prefer the canned food.
Yes! I am sticking with this new vet. I have been uncomfortable with the previous vet for some time... so much so that when I had Dori's teeth cleaning scheduled with him, I cancelled it an hour before I was due to take her. I had even stopped feeding her in preparation for the procedure the night before. I just didn't feel comfortable enough to have him do it... This new vet was so great with Brody. You are right, there were NO assumptions with her
I will not be taking them back to the other one.
I will be speaking with the new vet about Dori in the future. I didn't speak to her about cats because of everything going on with Brody.

As far as wet food, you make a very good point... He still has 2 days of the Hills left. I think I need to begin checking into switching him to wet. I will still free feed the dry, like I do with Dori, I just feel more comfortable having food there if they get hungry. I need to find out how much wet food he should have on a daily basis.
I know that he likes Merrick canned foods, and they come in Brody sized cans
I give him the Wingaling flavor as an occasional treat. I take the bones out of it though. I wasn't sure if they are really ok for him to eat. I have never seen a canned food with bones left in purposely.

Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes. They really worked

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tanya it's great that you've decided to change vets now because our babies lives are in their hands and we trust the experts, but it just shows that sometimes as in Brody's case you get a gut instinct and i'm so pleased you did

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a little trouble getting Brody to eat this morning. It worried me slightly because he has had his nose in the plate of Hills A/D before the plate even hit the floor these past 2 days. I give him half a can in the morning and he ate about half of that. If he refuses it at lunch time I may give the vet a ring.
Does his blood work and urinalysis coming back clean mean that there is nothing wrong with him? Or are there things that could go undetected?