Vibes for Angus!

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so worried about Angus... He started vomiting 2 nights ago.  At first, I thought it might have been a hairball, because there was so much hair in his first vomit.  But he hasn't stopped since then.  He can't keep anything down and I am really worried he has a foreign body.  I had fed him a raw chicken leg 4 nights ago.  He'd never had problems with them before, but I am worried this time, maybe it got stuck.  I just feel terrible and if that's what's caused the problem I'll feel even worse, since it would be my fault!  This morning his vomit looked a little bloody.  I will be taking him to the vet's today to have radiographs done, but I could really use the vibes.  He has been very bright and otherwise his usual self, so I'm trying to stay positive.

I have had an awful past couple of weeks and I have to go out of town this weekend for a funeral, so I had asked a friend to stop by and feed my cats.  But if Angus needs surgery I don't know what I'm going to do. :(  I am so stressed out, I really hope Angus can be fixed.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't panic with the blood because it could be due to all the vomiting?. My Jack gets streaks of blood in his because he always hacks up furballs more than the girls

Lots of 
coming for Angus  

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Angus. :heart3: You sound very stressed and overwhelmed. I know the feeling. Hang in there.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've heard that when you need to worry is if the vomit looks like coffee grounds, so if it's red blood, it could just from vomiting so much.  
 that he is okay, and 
 for you as well.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much!  The radiology report came back as either a non-specific enteritis or possibly pancreatitis.  He got an injection of Cerenia and he seems to have been doing fine since.  I was just so relieved.  I have a friend checking in and feeding the cats while I'm away for the weekend to attend a funeral.

I think it was just a whole bunch of things that came together -  I was super stressed and so worried that I just kept going to the worst case scenario and I freaked myself out.