Vetsource.com

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone use this before? Tomorrow, I have to give the last doses of Revolution Plus to Boone and Gracie and wanted to make sure I got the refill sooner than later. In the past, I have gone through vets and Chewy. As some may recall, my vet burned down several months ago and I now take Boone and Gracie to a new vet further away in the next county over. But... I rarely go over that way.

I started wondering if my vet did home delivery so I looked online and they actually use vetsource.com for their home delivery service. If you sign up for autoship, you get 25% off the price. And unlike Chewy, Vetsource contacts your vet directly to get the "ok" and then sends you your stuff. Seems like a win win situation so I ordered the Revolution Plus from them in time for November's dosing.

It seems like vetsource.com is linked to VCA vet hospitals from what I am gathering so just curious if others have used this service before.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know about them, but have no reason to think that they won't deliver what you need, especially since your vet uses them. Chewy does contact your vet if you ask them to, but I would give this a try since it seems convenient for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about them, but have no reason to think that they won't deliver what you need, especially since your vet uses them. Chewy does contact your vet if you ask them to, but I would give this a try since it seems convenient for you.
I have used Chewy before and while they do contact the vet, you still need to go to the vet and pick up the authorization. Then mail it to Chewy (you can't scan it to them). Wait for them to receive it, process the request, mail the stuff to you, and you receive it. Vetsource contacts the vet and gets the verbal authorization and then sends you the stuff. Sounds more efficient than Chewy to me.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have never done that with Chewy. I never had to get an authorization in person or mail it to them. I had heard that they don't accept scans, but in my case I simply ordered the product from their pharmacy and told them to contact the vet. I would go with Vetsource if I were you as it does sound more direct.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never done that with Chewy. I never had to get an authorization in person or mail it to them. I had heard that they don't accept scans, but in my case I simply ordered the product from their pharmacy and told them to contact the vet. I would go with Vetsource if I were you as it does sound more direct.
Already got notified the order was approved and on the way

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Site was down but I got email alert from your last post. I absolutely agree that you need to do the most expedient thing for you and your cats. Chewy is not lilywhite. They have interfaced with my vet, but have often "told" me that my credit card was expired which it was not, leading to an extra step or two. They also sent me the wrong subQ solution once and then called and told me not to use it. I mean, I'm not a complete idiot....but they did make it good.