Vetmedin

Vicky1223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 13-year-old Siamese cat, Lala, was diagnosed with Hypotrophy Cardiomyopathy, in March. One of the medications they gave her was Vermedin, but only for 60 days, and today was the last pill. Does anyone know if she should still be on Vetmedin? I will appreciate anyone that had any experience in the matte and could ease my anxietis.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Given this is a heart medication used off label for cats, I would contact the vet tomorrow morning (if that is the earliest you can reach them) and see what they want to do. Any clues such as the medication bottle says that there are 0 refills, or that refills are to be given?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vicky1223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only thing that says is every 12 hours until finished. Refills 0

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
That might be a clue but I would still check. Sometimes the 0 means that the vet will refill but it is not automatic as he wants to touch base with the owner or schedule a visit.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm only assuming here, but I would think the vet would have wanted to see your kitty again after a couple of months to check his heart for improvement or not and probably why the meds were only for 60 days.
I know my vet wanted updates on my boy when he developed his heart condition, although he was in really bad shape...