Veterinarian needed for a Very Special Clinic in the Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi All!

(and lovely Mods and Anne - if you feel this is in the wrong place I won't be hurt by it being moved to another area.) XO

I know this is a rather weird thing to be posting here, but what I've learned from being here is that we are all pretty resourceful people - and in life - you never know what can happen - even with an odd post like this.

So below I'm posting the job advertisement but I wanted to say a little about the clinic.

This is a great clinic that is situated in the city next to me. They also run a low-cost spay-neuter clinic several times a week. This region has been in desperate need of something like this for a while and this month they will be celebrating their 2nd year. It's amazing and as the job advertisement says, it is the first one of it's kind in Canada. I'd love to see a lot more places like this.

Without them, I would have had a hard time treating all the girls when they ran into their emergencies last summer. They are 1/2 the cost of the regular vets around. Needless to say, I have a deep love for them.

I have some connections over there, so if you have questions I will do my best to get them answered.

In the meantime, if you are a Vet, or know a Vet looking for a new opportunity, this might be the right fit for them.

You never know.

The clinic is a different entity from the Humane Society. The Clinic site: Homepage - LCHS Animal Clinic they offer low-cost spay/neuter for rescue groups etc. Just a great place.

BTW - This is a paid position.

Join our team of dedicated professionals!

Located in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, The Lincoln County Humane Society Animal Clinic is Canada’s first full-service veterinary clinic operated by a Humane Society that is open to the public, and our practice is growing rapidly with a nice mix of both established and new clients and need to add a Full-time (at least 30 hrs per week, preferably more) vet to our staff. As such, we’re looking for a DVM who is committed to making a positive contribution to our busy but upbeat work environment to join our established team of DVM’s and support staff.

We focus on providing outstanding service to our clients and the highest possible standard of care to our patients. We offer flexible hours as we strive to help our staff members maintain a happy, healthy work-life balance. We are a small animal practice, focused on serving both our public clients as well as animals in the shelter’s care (medical consults and treatment only for the shelter animals, not euthanasia). While experience is an asset, particularly dental and surgical experience, we would also gladly welcome a new graduate to join us to hone their skills under the mentorship of our experienced DVMs.

We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, flexible hours, and a budget for CE and professional dues. We invite interested applicants to forward their resume and any further inquiries about the position. We look forward to meeting you and discussing this opportunity further!

Job Type: Full-time

Experience:
  • Veterinarian: 1 year (Required)
License:
  • CVO (Required)
Email: kfairchild (at) lchs.ca

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi All!

(and lovely Mods and Anne - if you feel this is in the wrong place I won't be hurt by it being moved to another area.) XO

I know this is a rather weird thing to be posting here, but what I've learned from being here is that we are all pretty resourceful people - and in life - you never know what can happen - even with an odd post like this.

So below I'm posting the job advertisement but I wanted to say a little about the clinic.

This is a great clinic that is situated in the city next to me. They also run a low-cost spay-neuter clinic several times a week. This region has been in desperate need of something like this for a while and this month they will be celebrating their 2nd year. It's amazing and as the job advertisement says, it is the first one of it's kind in Canada. I'd love to see a lot more places like this.

Without them, I would have had a hard time treating all the girls when they ran into their emergencies last summer. They are 1/2 the cost of the regular vets around. Needless to say, I have a deep love for them.

I have some connections over there, so if you have questions I will do my best to get them answered.

In the meantime, if you are a Vet, or know a Vet looking for a new opportunity, this might be the right fit for them.

You never know.

The clinic is a different entity from the Humane Society. The Clinic site: Homepage - LCHS Animal Clinic they offer low-cost spay/neuter for rescue groups etc. Just a great place.

BTW - This is a paid position.

Join our team of dedicated professionals!

Located in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, The Lincoln County Humane Society Animal Clinic is Canada’s first full-service veterinary clinic operated by a Humane Society that is open to the public, and our practice is growing rapidly with a nice mix of both established and new clients and need to add a Full-time (at least 30 hrs per week, preferably more) vet to our staff. As such, we’re looking for a DVM who is committed to making a positive contribution to our busy but upbeat work environment to join our established team of DVM’s and support staff.

We focus on providing outstanding service to our clients and the highest possible standard of care to our patients. We offer flexible hours as we strive to help our staff members maintain a happy, healthy work-life balance. We are a small animal practice, focused on serving both our public clients as well as animals in the shelter’s care (medical consults and treatment only for the shelter animals, not euthanasia). While experience is an asset, particularly dental and surgical experience, we would also gladly welcome a new graduate to join us to hone their skills under the mentorship of our experienced DVMs.

We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, flexible hours, and a budget for CE and professional dues. We invite interested applicants to forward their resume and any further inquiries about the position. We look forward to meeting you and discussing this opportunity further!

Job Type: Full-time

Experience:
  • Veterinarian: 1 year (Required)
License:
  • CVO (Required)
Email: kfairchild (at) lchs.ca
good luck, I hope you can find someone to help soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! XO Me too. It's such a great place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, we would gladly have you! :heartshape:

I know it was mentioned to them to look into the free-trade agreement to see if a US Vet wanted to live here. It is a lovely area.

Never too late to go back to school! :cool:

Last edited: