Vet Gave Us Back The Wrong Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no they don't care about the other cat. They won't tell me where they put it. I asked on the pho e they put me on hold until I hung up and called again. zthe petsmart people say it is the fault of the animal hospital people

I am thinking of going viral or calling a TV station.
No they did not ask about the other cat and no there are no records
zthis us real life and they disappeared my cat.
I think they gave it to a shelter and just won't tell us.
Who owns the new cat_? before us?
They do not answer these questions. I can't afford an attorney. They probably know this. I am going to file a complaint with the public health dept and the better business bureau. But these people don't care.
These ppl are in the wrong busoness

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I am thinking of going viral or calling a TV station.
I am going to file a complaint with the public health dept and the better business bureau.
Yes, I think you should try both of these things. It's appalling that they won't give you a straight answer or try to help you at all.

I'm so sorry about your cat.

:hugs:

I hope she was adopted or is waiting in a shelter somewhere.

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they did go.it was the pet smart. And I looked on the gogle review for that location and some worker lady there had taken a cat before

This is gorgeous white and black with huge green eyes, funny, smart.
I wonder...

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my gorgeous girl.
I've tried to load her best picture 5 times but it fails so the rite aid ad can flash in my face.

we scanned all the listings for all the cats all of the Los Angeles shelters. If she was taken there she was euthanized.
it had to be so.done with access to all the cats because they were able to get one so close to mine and replace her.
How many people in a petsmart have the authority to do this_?

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they knew we were trying to adopt it. She was such a beautiful cat maybe the person wanted to breed her for kittens and gave us a similar cat.
Maybe that's why we keep getting shut down so hard.
I going the corporate route at their company website.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
they knew we were trying to adopt it.
I thought this was actually your cat?

Have you contacted Petsmart though Facebook, Twitter, etc? I would make a lot of noise on Facebook. I would also call the local TV stations and newspapers.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. If she tested positive for FeLV and already had a bad infection, she may not have survived :(. Once FeLV gets to the infection stage it would take very intensive care to save the poor kitty, and even that may not work.

But I don't know why they would give you a different cat instead of just telling you she didn't survive.

Remember, the clinic is independent from Petsmart, so be sure to always talk to people who work for the clinic, not the store employees. They won't be able to help you. Can you have the person who took the cat to the vet talk to them?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: I am worried for your cat as well. But you should go get the contact information of the rescue group who is featuring cats and ask for their help. If they aren't the ones who were holding an adoption event last weekend, likely they know who was. They are cat rescuers. too. And you should call the Baldwin animal control and ask them. Plus, you can email David Goldstein at CBS2/KCAL9: [email protected]. Also, you can try calling the California Department of Consumer Affairs and let them know that this is an emergency for the Veterinary Licensing Board regarding professional ethics (finding your cat before she gets adopted out or put down). As said earlier, the vet hospital has records that are mandatory. Please keep us posted!:grouphug2:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How is the cat, the one that was brought home to you, doing?

Look at the information catsknowme catsknowme and everyone else here is giving you.

Have you talked with the vet clinic at all?
In glancing through your posts here, I'm only seeing that you're talking with PetSmart and they aren't the main source you want to talk to.

Frankly I don't understand why petsmart isn't directing you to talk to the clinic, but if the cat survived, are you saying the clinic gave it to petsmart and the store adopted it out?

If this isn't what happened, then talking to PetSmart isn't going to gain you anything.

You need to talk to the clinic. That's the only way you'll obtain all the actionable information.

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my heart is broken they will not take response so ility spoke to two people there today the manager was out. They agree from the pictures that they are different but say there is noting they can do.
.....Please be encouraged! I used to work for a public defender and we handled child support cases. Very often, the parent in arrears would tell me ,"you can't get blood from a turnip/stone" and I would have to remind them, "you'd be amazed at how quickly a turnip/stone begins to bleed once it's thrown in jail!". The same attitude, I feel, is what is going on here. When Banfield Hospital at Petsmart has the California State Veterinary Board and/or David Goldstein knocking at their door, their attitude will change in a flash! :bat:Also, you can use us to do a social media campaign. If the state doesn't act right away, you can contact your assemblyperson- elections are next month and your cause should generate public sympathy!
Remember, this is bigger than you - two cats' lives hang in the balance! And you are not alone in this - you have your TCS family!
Just so you know, I sent you a PM - many of our actions are behind the scenes to protect confidentiality.
We are rooting for you 100% :cheerleader: :soldier::clap2::heartshape: Here's a group hug :grouphug2: