Vet friend said Trudy must be Maine coon so thought I would ask here!

Treecie

New cat mom to Trudy
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I adopted Trudy from a previous owner who got her through a rescue. Her story: she along with her two other siblings were dumped in a trash bag on the side of the highway and she was the only survivor. Her end of the tail is kinked because of it so it’s not as long as it should be.

Obviously, I don’t think that she is pure Maine Coon because she’s small and in my opinion doesn’t have the distinct Maine coon face but I think her fur coat, ear tufts, etc. says she may have part Maine Coon. I want to see if others agree or confirm my suspicion for me. Thanks!!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, WOW, she looks just like my other angel heartkitty Moffit, who resembled Main Coon cats.

Thank you very much for the memory :lovecat3:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She sure is pretty! It's possible she could have MC genes but without any paperwork or any knowledge of her linage, she'd be classified as a domestic longhaired. What a sweet face! :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Treecie

New cat mom to Trudy
Young Cat
Purraise
She sure is pretty! It's possible she could have MC genes but without any paperwork or any knowledge of her linage, she'd be classified as a domestic longhaired. What a sweet face! :heartshape:
I see, thanks! That’s what I have her classified as at her vet haha. Her personality is just as sweet 💕😊

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trudy is lovely!
As far as being a Maine Coon, she doesn't to my eyes appear to be one. Especially seeing her body type in the last photo, which is too low and cobby for an MC.
Most vets are not experts in recognizing specific purebred cats. They and rescues tend to call any long haired cat a Maine Coon, Persian etc which ever it most resembles.
Even if she is part MC, she still is not an MC - she's a domestic cat.
That doesn't take away from her beauty of course. She really is quite beautiful!