very stupid water question regarding my homemade u-stew food

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I've been dreading asking this very dumb question but you know how paranoia is, for the past 28(?) days, about three times daily, my brain says..

"Does chicken broth count as water? Does it supply moisture? Is this ok or are you killing SpecterOhPossum???!?!? ASK!! ASK!! ASK!!

..So now I give in and ask.
For details: I boil her 2lb of chicken thighs in just water; in a tall pot all at once for enhanced chicken flavor; for around an hour. Then I pull the chicken out in a separate bowl / ziploc to debone and break up into chunks, then I freeze most of the broth in freezeable ziplocs seperatly; and use a good amount of the leftover unbagged broth to add the powder and meat to. My question is, does this broth supply adequate moisture? I add the bagged broth back to each portion she eats for more water intake; with as much extra plain water I can add but she's not a fan of plain water anymore since I offered the broth. :ohwell:

And specter as usual, doesn't drink water on her own whatsoever is why I'm a bit excessive in adding it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Broth is a liquid (mostly water) and yes it counts towards moisture intake. Plain water is always best but cat-safe broth is fine too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Broth is a liquid (mostly water) and yes it counts towards moisture intake. Plain water is always best but cat-safe broth is fine too.
Thank you!! I'm a worrybore. I add a bit of plain to each plate alongside the broth but she doesn't like it unflavored..lol