Very Proud Of Myself..

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I am SO not a cook, especially when it comes to the fun stuff. Love to eat it but making it usually ends in tears.
So I was so pleased with a birthday cake I made recently... OK, it was from a packet, but it was gluten free and I added so much that it really was more me than the packet. :thumbsup:
But the big thing was getting the whipped cream topping to stay put (add powdered milk) and making the decorations from chocolate. It's meant to be a kind of tree of life, and because it was a combined birthdays cake for yogi types, and it's a bit of a 'trademark' for me, I added Sanskrit Oms.
It was really yummy and looked, well, a little over the top, but then I really didn't know when to stop decorating :lol:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I am SO not a cook, especially when it comes to the fun stuff. Love to eat it but making it usually ends in tears.
So I was so pleased with a birthday cake I made recently... OK, it was from a packet, but it was gluten free and I added so much that it really was more me than the packet. :thumbsup:
But the big thing was getting the whipped cream topping to stay put (add powdered milk) and making the decorations from chocolate. It's meant to be a kind of tree of life, and because it was a combined birthdays cake for yogi types, and it's a bit of a 'trademark' for me, I added Sanskrit Oms.
It was really yummy and looked, well, a little over the top, but then I really didn't know when to stop decorating :lol:

NICE.YUMM

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Making those chocolate decorations is impressive. I can just imagine the work involved.
( wonder if they are dark or milk chocolate ? )