Very pregnant kitty

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So about 6 weeks ago I took in a stray cat from my street and I thought she was pregnant when I did I noticed a slight belly turns out I was right because she’s huuugggeee now and I constantly feel the babies move when she lays on me to let me rub her belly but I’m just wondering Normal behavior for a cat going into labor because I read they don’t normally start showing until 3-4 weeks and I’ve already had her 6 weeks so she should be due any day now since she was showing when I first brought her in

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats begin to show around the fifth week. When the kittens move less and the belly hardens she is very near the end. Thanks for taking her in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m fairly certain she’s in labor as of right now about 2 hours ago she came out of my room meowing at me and when I came in I noticed a bloody discharge. She chose a spot in my closet underneath my low hanging sweaters and has been laying there on her side every so often cleaning herself but every time I stand up to leave the closet area she gets up follows me meowing until I come back and sit down then she lays back down and just stays there but no kittens yet I’m afraid to move because she just follows me meowing the whole time and I don’t want to disturb her labor but this is uncomfy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s clearly in labor but it could be hours. Get a pillow and blanket for yourself and bed down with her. She needs you. I hope all goes well! Keep us posted!

M Mamabrit071114

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s clearly in labor but it could be hours. Get a pillow and blanket for yourself and bed down with her. She needs you. I hope all goes well! Keep us posted!

M Mamabrit071114
Oh I got a blanket just need a pillow got my phone charger to read a book if she will give me my arm back I started rubbing her belly because she kept rolling to her side and chirping at me and no she has her arm wrapped around mine and head on my. Arm

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve rescued so many cats and kittens off my street got them vet care and found homes for them she will be getting fixed the moment she can after this litter my husband calls me the cat whisperer because I catch feral kittens easily without traps and turn them into loving lap cats within a few days of them being inside

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe she’s not in labor idk because she literally just got up and is eating… I thought they turn away from food when in labor

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s gotta be in labor she’s just a fatty she’s pacing around my bedroom stopping every few seconds to clean herself down there I’ve seen cats in labor this is a new experience for me

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know if it’s normal to go 12 hours or more before having kittens after bloody discharge she is bleeding a tiny bit from her Vulva but not a lot and it’s not foul smelling but she’s not straining she just keeps getting up walking around cleaning herself then laying down again for awhile my vet office isn’t open yet and the emergency clinic isn’t answering their phones.

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know if it’s normal to go 12 hours or more before having kittens after bloody discharge she is bleeding a tiny bit from her Vulva but not a lot and it’s not foul smelling but she’s not straining she just keeps getting up walking around cleaning herself then laying down again for awhile my vet office isn’t open yet and the emergency clinic isn’t answering their phones.
Also she hasn’t turned completely away from food or water