Very lethargic Tabbie cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terrencephillip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I totally believe that too... The evening of the death of my first cat Phil... A stray calico found her way into my life.. I was hesitant to adopt but she instantly warned to me and was so skinny at 900grams 3 months old and in February I had to... The first time I went to put food down she ran to Phil's special food spot.. Now the odd thing... She has displayed a dozen weird mannerisms and traits Phil had... Like so spooky it was like Phil had a new body. She's my angel.. Terry Phil's litter twin instantly loved her.. And she immediately took Phil's sleeping spots.. Terry is always the bed cuddle cat.. He insists on sharing nose air space and to have a paw on my chin.

Felix19+

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I agree when you lose a cat it will make room for another to have a good home. I'm not ready yet - I've had 6 cats over last 40 years two previously had to be put to sleep while I was with them which was upsetting but I could and move on knowing I did my best for them but with my last one Felix came from rescue - I had her for 18 of her nearly 20 years and she trusted me she would come for walks and I took her on holidays to Scotland and Yorkshire but I let her down at the end by not being with her all the time when I took her to be put to sleep. The vet took her (I didn't stop him) in a back room to sedate her and put in catheter and by the time he brought her back I don't think she recognised me as she was very floppy and her pupils dilated, just staring - I stroked her before vet gave lethal dose. Because I wasn't with her to comfort her I couldn't say goodbye properly and this is what I can't get my head round. I don't know if I will get another cat as I am now retired and would like to travel more, spending a few weeks at a time away and my cat sitting options have reduced - neighbours passed or moved away. The thought of not eventually having another cat is not something I like to contemplate it makes me sad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terrencephillip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Felix's mumma.. So sad.. I'm 4 years into being a cat dad... I've never been what you've been through... I had a cuddle with Phil for two hours... He went to sleep... Slept with Terry... Woke up found Phil dead on lounge floor.. Cold n stiff... Honestly.. If Terry wasn't there I thi k I'd have committed suicide.. He left me at my most vulnerable point in life... 8 year toxic relationship wife left me.. Took the 3rd Tabbie Dave.... 2 weeks later Phil left.. I was kinda broken but healing thinking of them both.. How they were my angels in the hardest times.. Planning future with them.. My two furry bricks in the new build of life... I've operated in harsh times.. 6 years in the military. All my grandparents passed on... But never have I ever been that low. Unable to make a cup of tea.. Didn't eat or wash for 4 days.. I cried my heart out constantly.. But Terry didn't leave my side.... Kookie the new cat just watched as a skeleton cat.. She's a solid 4kg now bless. But those two pulled me back... Phil leaving released tears I have but bottled up for 8 years... I still mourn him almost daily.. His departure in a way healed me.. But I needed to be fully broken to heal. 3 is my limit for now.. Also I didn't know a spay knocks a female out for 12 to 16 hrs after the 3 Tabbie boys were almost fine by the drive home. Virtual hug to you and your loss but your love and empathy wins over any regrets for the 18 years. It was love. You were their human X

Felix19+

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Felix's mumma.. So sad.. I'm 4 years into being a cat dad... I've never been what you've been through... I had a cuddle with Phil for two hours... He went to sleep... Slept with Terry... Woke up found Phil dead on lounge floor.. Cold n stiff... Honestly.. If Terry wasn't there I thi k I'd have committed suicide.. He left me at my most vulnerable point in life... 8 year toxic relationship wife left me.. Took the 3rd Tabbie Dave.... 2 weeks later Phil left.. I was kinda broken but healing thinking of them both.. How they were my angels in the hardest times.. Planning future with them.. My two furry bricks in the new build of life... I've operated in harsh times.. 6 years in the military. All my grandparents passed on... But never have I ever been that low. Unable to make a cup of tea.. Didn't eat or wash for 4 days.. I cried my heart out constantly.. But Terry didn't leave my side.... Kookie the new cat just watched as a skeleton cat.. She's a solid 4kg now bless. But those two pulled me back... Phil leaving released tears I have but bottled up for 8 years... I still mourn him almost daily.. His departure in a way healed me.. But I needed to be fully broken to heal. 3 is my limit for now.. Also I didn't know a spay knocks a female out for 12 to 16 hrs after the 3 Tabbie boys were almost fine by the drive home. Virtual hug to you and your loss but your love and empathy wins over any regrets for the 18 years. It was love. You were their human X
thank you for that it helps to talk to cat lovers who understand and to get their perspective on things - love to u and your moggies x