Very Hesitant To Even Ask....

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But, I feel I must. I'm not asking for anybody to donate anything more than JUST a signature.
And, in my honest opinion, I really don't even know if signatures are going to make one bit of difference. BUT, what if they did?
This is not for me. This is for a friend. Or rather, this is for her cat. Just imagine what he's going through.

No donations, Just a signature.
Here's the link. (it is a safe/legit site)
https://www.change.org/p/return-capo...nature_receipt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm quite familiar with Change.org, and was more than happy to not only sign the petition, but to share it on both Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks!! She's been in a few local papers and on at least two tv news interviews. I don't know if any of this will do any good, but, there is hope.
Should go to her FB page and check out the video's. That cat LOVES those kids and those kids LOVE that cat.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shared on Facebook! What hypocrites the state officials are - 318 bobcats were killed during the 2017-18 "harvest" season.:argh:
Illinois hunters killed 318 bobcats during 2017-18 season :nono:
If anybody has seen the posts, pictures, video's of this cat interacting with these kids. You just can't help but feel for them, and Capone.
And as I said. I'm more of a "reap what you sow" kind of person. If a bobcat isn't legal where you live, and it gets taken away...What did you expect?
BUT, From all the research I've done. IL has two laws that directly contradict each other. And any proof you show me that bobcats are not legal in IL, I'll show you the proof they are.
THUS, making what was done here VERY WRONG.

As for hunting bobcats? I have a bobcat and I'd never shoot one. BUT...I have nothing against a person bobcat hunting. Problem is, I don't know ANYBODY that leaves the house in the morning "going bobcat hunting". Most go Deer hunting and just happen to see a bobcat. IMO: That's wrong. Legal yes, but still wrong.
I do understand the legality of it though. The hunting quota's are set for wildlife management purposes. IF the correct balance is maintained, bobcats won't have the tendency to encroach on livestock (chickens, goats, etc). Or become a nuisance. If there are too many of them, territories overlap, smaller prey wildlife suffer, food becomes scarce, all bobcats and their prey suffer....and before long, the whole population is in danger of survival.
Therefore, they try to manage this by allowing hunting, but, setting strict quota's.
I do understand that.
I just don't understand why they did this to this family considering THEY are the ones that issued her, and renewed, the permit in question.
It's just wrong. :sniffle:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Problem is, I don't know ANYBODY that leaves the house in the morning "going bobcat hunting". Most go Deer hunting and just happen to see a bobcat. IMO: That's wrong.
I am happy to say that the ONLY people I personally know who have shot bobcats have done so inside their chicken coops. This is NOT an issue for Capone and his family! He needs to be HOME!

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!!! Capone is HOME!!! :thanks:

A LETTER FROM CAPONE:
"Dear Everyone:
Thank you so much for helping me come back home to my family. Everyone cared about me so much. People in America, Mexico, Asia, Australia...opened up their hearts for me & I wish I could thank each of you personally.
The people that I stayed with for 59 days took very good care of me. They made sure I stayed safe from the rain & cold. They fed me very well & even got me a new toy & a blanket of a cat. They let me keep bubby.
I am so happy to see my family again. I feel a little nervous. I'm letting them rub me & talk to me. Danyia started to read to me, but I didn't want to hear it, so I walked away from her mumbling something under my breath. It may take a few days for me to get used to being back home, but my mom has promised to be very patient with me & told Danyia & AJ not to overwhelm me.
Again, thank you so much for signing my petitions & donating to my go fund me accounts. Thank you for writing all the letters. Thank you for sharing my story with your family & friends. And thank you most of all for helping my mom stay strong to keep fighting to get me back.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:celebrate: :banana1::woohoo::dance::dazzler::beerchug::party2::jump::happycat::clap::clap2:

I am DELIGHTED that Capone is home and happy for your entire family!!!!!:clapcat: It is wonderful to see that signing petitions and donating to good causes does work.

My dad's people believe that to kill a bobcat or cougar or coyote is the same as killing a human being. Even when a young bobcat quietly terminated my flock of laying hens (my brother-in-law from Michigan built the coop and did not have the common sense of any cowboy worth half his salt), I shooed it away, got a new batch of chickens and built a new coop myself. I was raised that a coop should be carefully designed to keep out predators