Very Educational Kitten Birth Video

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TCS is first and foremost a site dedicated to the welfare of cats. Our primary mission is to educate, by providing cat lovers the world over a place to ask questions, find information or locate local cat-related resources which may be of interest to them.

Responsible cat care includes spaying or neutering your pets at the age your trusted veterinarian suggests. TCS is extremely pro-spay/neuter and strongly encourages everyone to act responsibly.

In posting the following link, we hope to provide our viewers a very educational glimpse into the Feline Birth Experience, as observed in a Bengal queen and her Stud. It is our sincere hope that watching this sometimes graphic video will satisfy the viewer's interest in the topic without allowing them to act irresponsibly by indiscriminately breeding their non-pedigreed, domestic cats.

WARNING - This video graphically depicts the birth of two Bengal kittens, one by breech birth and may be disturbing to sensitive viewers.

Thanks to HopeHacker for providing this link:

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a great post this is. and hopefully it will be very informative for others.

may i just say something, to others watching this if you are expecting kittens please remember that some cats like to be alone (with out other cats there) so a nice safe room that is closed off to other cats/animals is ideal. the person whos cats they belonged to im sure were aware of how the mother reacts to the other cats in the room and how the other cats reactions are to the kittens.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
God I'm so nervous.

When I first took in Lily, there were so many other people waiting for their cats to have babies...and they all seem to have had them already!!!!

Thanks so much for that video.........it didn't make me any less nervous though!!!!!!!!

Eeep!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, it was a little nerve-racking in the beginning waiting on that first baby in the video ... I am not certain I would have been so calm. Luckily, my Lexus always had very easy deliveries. I was blessed with not having to panic with Lex. She was such a good mother. *sigh*

danad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This was great to watch. I have seen kittens & puppies born as a kid (not from our pets). My daughter was facinated by it. That was one very calm mamma cat too

studio224

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The video is beautiful but unfortunately this lovely Bengal, Goldie, passed away in September, after being awfully sick. She was so young.

rosielover07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thats a good video. And here's also another really good one aswell,especially near the end where you see them getting there mothers milk. its so cute!

siobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to admit sometimes when I watch Youtube, I type in cats or kittens just to see what kind of cute videos there might be. There are some not so cute like the problems cats in China and other countries face but that's another story! So I did see this one and liked it and thought what a good way to reply to those back yard breeders who know nothing about breeding and claim they do not want to spay or neuter their cats because they want their children to see the miracle of birth (such an arcane excuse imho) - say here, tell them to watch this video )depending on the age of the child but really, it is not as "graphic" as some videos of the birth of kittens so it's a good educational tool.

I too thank you for reminding me of it. It was neat he shared it with his friend from Australia I thought and someone - when I first saw it- had posted a note wondering of the other cat was the father - and if he was scratching the post to work off his stress or something t that effect, forget exactly but that was kinda cute too, lol

johnphilips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

TCS is first and foremost a site dedicated to the welfare of cats. Our primary mission is to educate, by providing cat lovers the world over a place to ask questions, find information or locate local cat-related resources which may be of interest to them.

Responsible cat care includes spaying or neutering your pets at the age your trusted veterinarian suggests. TCS is extremely pro-spay/neuter and strongly encourages everyone to act responsibly.

In posting the following link, we hope to provide our viewers a very educational glimpse into the Feline Birth Experience, as observed in a Bengal queen and her Stud. It is our sincere hope that watching this sometimes graphic video will satisfy the viewer's interest in the topic without allowing them to act irresponsibly by indiscriminately breeding their non-pedigreed, domestic cats.

WARNING - This video graphically depicts the birth of two Bengal kittens, one by breech birth and may be disturbing to sensitive viewers.

Thanks to HopeHacker for providing this link:

Hi gayef,
Recently I was adopt a kitten and I love him too much. I think this video has a great resource for newbie Thanks for sharing this video.

John Philips

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Much cuteness. Brand new kittens wobbling around are like little miracles.

I don't really understand why there was a graphic content warning on this...I mean, yes, there was some birth goo and stuff, but that's part of life. There was nothing messed up or nightmarish about it. I think some people these days have too sanitized a view of what life is supposed to be like.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a great vid. I was worried about the first kitten, though I'm glad it worked out fine. I love watching kitty birth vids.