Very confused cat momma

ItsViper

Owner of the Lap Cat Extraordinaire, Bubba
Kitten
Purraise
I'm back again, i'm starting to think i'm just an over concerned cat mom at this point!

About a week or two ago, Bubba went to use the restroom. He jumped up on my bed seeing me wake up and laid on me like he usually does. When he got up he left this brown FOUL smelling liquid on my arm and i called the vet. They said this was anal discharge, and that i should keep an eye on it in case it happens again as this could be an issue for him. We had a vet appointment about a few days later that i had unfortunately had to reschedule because i was not feeling all that great and we rescheduled for march. Now whenever he goes to the bathroom he has this little bit of clear liquid thats on his bum and when he sits he leaves a small wet spot. It doesn't really smell, and he's not showing any difference in his bowel movements, i.e doesn't cry, doesn't strain himself, his poop doesn't smell any different or look any different then his usual.

We were treated for worms before his vet visit with Profender, which the vet had given me so i was certain this was pet safe to use instead of buying something off the shelf in the store and hoping for the best. I went out and bought him a seresto collar and put that on after i gave him the worm treatment. What also concerned me about the worm treatment is at the site where it was applied, he lost a lot of fur but is not bald there. I still hear gurgling in his gut and the worms sounded the same way but he doesn't scoot on the floor anymore, but the sound is still disconcerting to me and i leave it at digestion happening in his gut. I'm a relatively clean person but I've cleaned his litterbox with soap and water, cleaned the litter every 2 days or depending how much he uses it, disinfected the entire apartment and ran the vacuum double over the apartment and over places he usually sits and eats etc. Could he still have the worms after all of that? He eats normally, drinks normally, and still acts the same way he did before the worms, and i don't see much of a difference.

Bubba is a big boy, and his belly looks bloated a bit or maybe it's because he's just y'know, fat. Looking back at a few of the pictures i took of him when i brought him home show me that he looks sort of the same, just a wee bit happier. I'm very confused because he doesn't show me any signs of discomfort in the belly area, nothing new with his behavioral patterns, or his habits. He does, however sleep a hella lot. The discharge in the bum really worries me.

I don't mean to vent here but i'm stressing out because i want whats best for my baby as well as anyone else does with theirs.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think this is caused by worms. Sounds like an impacted or infected anal gland to me.

If you can't get a vet appointment soon, see if there are any cat-savvy groomers in the area. They're familiar with anal glands and can express them, plus give their professional opinion about whether a vet is needed or if it's your standard anal gland backup.

Hair loss at application site is a known side effect of Profender. It should grow back soon.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats just need a little help with their anal glands or they may leak stinky liquid and scoot their bottoms across the floor. Anal gland issues are not related to worms or diet.

Have the vet express the glands and make sure they're not infected or impacted. Ask the vet to show you how to express the glands so you can do it at home. You may need an extra pair of hands to hold the cat. I recommend attempting anal gland expressing in the bathroom with the door closed so that any messes are easily cleaned up and you're not chasing after a cat.