Ventral bulla osteotomy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Been awhile since I have updated on Maxine and just wanted to say that she is doing so well! She is finally finishing up with the antibiotic. And she is acting like her normal self, so playful and happy. She is eating like her normal self also, grazing when she wants. The best part is that her ear has not bothered her at all! No more shaking her head, no more icky discharge, it is completely better! Her incision has also healed and her hair has grown back where it was shaved. She is perfect! Still has the occasional overgrooming issue, but I've realized its most likely due to boredom bc of her high energy. She has to be played with 24/7 or she gets nervous and licks and licks. So to award her for being such a perfect girl, I bought her a ripple rug lol. Hopefully it helps to keep her entertained while I am at work. So far she absolutely loves it. It has just been a huge relief to not have to worry about her poor ear anymore. I may still be paying off the huge vet bill from the surgery but it was without a doubt worth every penny.
20220328_161622.jpg

The kids with their new toy. Maxie struggles to share but thankfully she behaved long enough for me to get this picture lol.

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's great news about Maxine! Based upon my cat's successful surgery, I didn't really have any worries, but it is scary and expensive as you found out...but totally worth it. Maxine is a lovely girl! May she continue to enjoy the best of health for many more years!