Venting....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol as much as i complain about the students that are disrespectful. i love the atmosphere in a college. You do see a lot of students who were raised right, and try everyone with respect. The ones that say "please" and "thank you" which is not common today. I had always wanted to work in a college so i can feel the excited energy of people starting their lives and independence. I am very grateful for my job, and hope i never sound ungrateful.

I thank you for your kindness to customer service people. I have been that secretary that gets yelled at, and lied about. It is not easy. Especially when the secretary is usually tasked with jobs that arent in their job description. And wont be compensated for it. My last job refused to even consider a raise, even though i was doing well, and was doing tasks belonging to a supervisor. Even my boss was upset in my behalf.

I think Kitty just wants to be near me. She seems afraid of my nephew. Shes used to being with me when i am downstairs. She now she runs to her food area, because she knows he cannot pass the gate.

I feel like a jerk. Lately, i try to avoid watching my nephew as much as i can. My niece used to leave him with me so she could go shopping with her boyfriend. There are two of them, so they can just shop separately and not take the baby. I just dont have the patience. Hes almost two years old, and has a tantrum every time he hears the word no. Yesterday, we were at my brothers house, and all you can hear was my nephew crying for everything. They have a son of a similar age and he didnt cry as much.

I just dont have the patience for it. I am grumpy as is from from the hormones i am on, and plus the fact that i am trying to force myself to lose weight. The constant hunger just gets to me, and i cannot take a screaming child. I feel bad for my poor cat Elsa, she was trying to give me love today and i shooed her away. I had to call her back and give her affection. :frustrated: My poor Elsa is such a sweet cat that she doesnt need you to pet her, she just gives love by rubbing her tail on your leg. Its the cutest thing. Sounds weird, but she shakes bottom and rubs her tail on you. :lol:
When Tarifa is REALLY happy and affectionate, she shivers her tail at me (like a cat who's spraying. But this is not spraying. It's extreme excitement and love) and she knows that when she does that, I'm putty in her paws. :hearthrob::dancingblackcat::hearthrob::loveeyes:
That's too bad. They have a built-in babysitter. Not that that isn't an opportunity to bond with him and teach him good things while the two of you are there! Have you tried reading to him? My folks read to me a lot and it was one of the most important things they did for me.
I was the assistant to the VP in the music company I worked for; another term for it would be "executive secretary" and yes, there was some of that going on. People do tend to put things on assistants, and expect them to just do it and smile. That's life, to a great degree. As long as I'm getting well paid, tend to let stuff like that roll off my back. There are so many worse things I've gone through in jobs! Like, yeah, getting lied about and disrespected and then let go because the liar has more power with those making decisions. That happened. I tried to right the wrong, to no avail. Office politics are hellish.
I looked up some info on freelance clerical workers a couple of days ago. You might want to google that and look at it. It may be something you want, at least part time/temporary. Just a thought.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Tarifa is REALLY happy and affectionate, she shivers her tail at me (like a cat who's spraying. But this is not spraying. It's extreme excitement and love) and she knows that when she does that, I'm putty in her paws. :hearthrob::dancingblackcat::hearthrob::loveeyes:
That's too bad. They have a built-in babysitter. Not that that isn't an opportunity to bond with him and teach him good things while the two of you are there! Have you tried reading to him? My folks read to me a lot and it was one of the most important things they did for me.
I was the assistant to the VP in the music company I worked for; another term for it would be "executive secretary" and yes, there was some of that going on. People do tend to put things on assistants, and expect them to just do it and smile. That's life, to a great degree. As long as I'm getting well paid, tend to let stuff like that roll off my back. There are so many worse things I've gone through in jobs! Like, yeah, getting lied about and disrespected and then let go because the liar has more power with those making decisions. That happened. I tried to right the wrong, to no avail. Office politics are hellish.
I looked up some info on freelance clerical workers a couple of days ago. You might want to google that and look at it. It may be something you want, at least part time/temporary. Just a thought.
Never seen a cat shiver their tail, sounds so cute. lol

Dont get me wrong, i love my nephew and i play with him. I take care of him of they have an emergency. I'm the crazy aunt that will dance along with cartoon songs with my nieces and nephews. Just dont feel so great anymore, dont have the energy or the patience anymore. I just feel so worn down now.

I dont really read to him. I used to do that with my niece abby, and it helped her with her speaking. I think its just that i am dealing with some negative feelings lately. I am 35 years old and the only sibling in my family without a child. So i have been the designated babysitter ever since i was 13 years old. When people don't want to deal with their kids, or need a free sitter, they turn to me.

They would stay with us during vacation times, and when their moms worked, etc. I have loved being around my nieces and nephews. But i feel like i used my youth to raise other peoples kids, and now will never have any of my own. I have always wanted my own kids, and i am dealing with the fact that i might need to have a hysterectomy. Just being around kids sometimes causes me pain right now. Hearing family members talk about having babies, gives me this horrible aching pain in my heart. Don't get me wrong, the bigger part of me is happy for them as i love kids. But i cant stop the sad feelings.

As for work, in my last job i didnt mind the extra work. It bugged me that they wouldnt even give me a small raise. I was making $13 an hour and driving 1.5 hours in the morning and 1.5 hrs at night to get home. I was the first one there even though i lived the farthest. If they had just given me a small raise i would have stayed.

I'm sorry you were fired for someone lying to you. It saddens me that people dont mind destroying someones livelihood. How they live with themselves i will never know.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into freelance clerical workers. I'll have to see, because i am currently working from home for my college job, and dont know if i would be able to do both at the same time. If i switch from my current job it has to be full time, with good health insurance.

Awww, they're so beautiful!!!
Thank you! :heartshape: :cloud9:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never seen a cat shiver their tail, sounds so cute. lol

Dont get me wrong, i love my nephew and i play with him. I take care of him of they have an emergency. I'm the crazy aunt that will dance along with cartoon songs with my nieces and nephews. Just dont feel so great anymore, dont have the energy or the patience anymore. I just feel so worn down now.

I dont really read to him. I used to do that with my niece abby, and it helped her with her speaking. I think its just that i am dealing with some negative feelings lately. I am 35 years old and the only sibling in my family without a child. So i have been the designated babysitter ever since i was 13 years old. When people don't want to deal with their kids, or need a free sitter, they turn to me.

They would stay with us during vacation times, and when their moms worked, etc. I have loved being around my nieces and nephews. But i feel like i used my youth to raise other peoples kids, and now will never have any of my own. I have always wanted my own kids, and i am dealing with the fact that i might need to have a hysterectomy. Just being around kids sometimes causes me pain right now. Hearing family members talk about having babies, gives me this horrible aching pain in my heart. Don't get me wrong, the bigger part of me is happy for them as i love kids. But i cant stop the sad feelings.

As for work, in my last job i didnt mind the extra work. It bugged me that they wouldnt even give me a small raise. I was making $13 an hour and driving 1.5 hours in the morning and 1.5 hrs at night to get home. I was the first one there even though i lived the farthest. If they had just given me a small raise i would have stayed.

I'm sorry you were fired for someone lying to you. It saddens me that people dont mind destroying someones livelihood. How they live with themselves i will never know.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into freelance clerical workers. I'll have to see, because i am currently working from home for my college job, and dont know if i would be able to do both at the same time. If i switch from my current job it has to be full time, with good health insurance.

Thank you! :heartshape: :cloud9:
Because I've never had maternal feelings, I can't claim to know how that feels, but I do hope there will be a way for you to have children in your life. There are sure a lot of kids who'd do anything to have someone who truly loves them and looks out for them.

And I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd just guess that a lot of, if not most, people feel they're missing out on things they want to do in their lives. So many people really hate their jobs, but it's so critical now for people to hang onto their livelihoods if they can. My friend who passed last November used to say so many things about how he wanted to quit, how people treated him, how he had to be at meetings really early, etc. It wasn't at all a fulfilling way to spend most of his life. But I used to try to talk him down from quitting, because it wouldn't have been easy for him to get something else. The pay wasn't great. But he was offered to train to be a manager and he turned that down. He did get raises, and he did have health insurance, plus stock options, with his company, so it wouldn't have been a really good thing for him to quit, but he did finally quit about a year before he passed. He stopped talking to me for some reason I'll never know, so I'll also never know how that year was for him. I hope there was some good in there somewhere. He was always tired and said he had too much on his plate, but he did volunteer work that took up a lot of his spare time and when I suggested he drop that, he didn't like that idea. He kept on doing that after he quit his job, as far as I know.

I lost my job because the co-worker lied ABOUT me, not to me. She was very manipulative and people believed her over me. Heads were rolling all over the place shortly after she arrived. She had an agenda and she was pursuing it very aggressively.

Well, this isn't a happy post, is it? I do hope that things get better for you, though. Much better, and very soon.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because I've never had maternal feelings, I can't claim to know how that feels, but I do hope there will be a way for you to have children in your life. There are sure a lot of kids who'd do anything to have someone who truly loves them and looks out for them.

And I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd just guess that a lot of, if not most, people feel they're missing out on things they want to do in their lives. So many people really hate their jobs, but it's so critical now for people to hang onto their livelihoods if they can. My friend who passed last November used to say so many things about how he wanted to quit, how people treated him, how he had to be at meetings really early, etc. It wasn't at all a fulfilling way to spend most of his life. But I used to try to talk him down from quitting, because it wouldn't have been easy for him to get something else. The pay wasn't great. But he was offered to train to be a manager and he turned that down. He did get raises, and he did have health insurance, plus stock options, with his company, so it wouldn't have been a really good thing for him to quit, but he did finally quit about a year before he passed. He stopped talking to me for some reason I'll never know, so I'll also never know how that year was for him. I hope there was some good in there somewhere. He was always tired and said he had too much on his plate, but he did volunteer work that took up a lot of his spare time and when I suggested he drop that, he didn't like that idea. He kept on doing that after he quit his job, as far as I know.

I lost my job because the co-worker lied ABOUT me, not to me. She was very manipulative and people believed her over me. Heads were rolling all over the place shortly after she arrived. She had an agenda and she was pursuing it very aggressively.

Well, this isn't a happy post, is it? I do hope that things get better for you, though. Much better, and very soon.
I completely agree. I would never quit a job. I didn't leave my last job, until something steady with good benefits came along. I left my last job in a positive way and still speak to my old coworkers. Whatever negative i mention about a job, i never forget to be grateful. Especially with everything going on. I am very blessed to be working from home. I am definitely happier at my current job, than i was at my last job. I am hopeful i can find some way to grow in the college. but we'll see. :vibes::heartshape:

Thats too bad about your friend. I know money is important, as i badly need my own place. But it saddens me when people stay at jobs they arent happy at. That is around 9 hours a day 5 days a week where you are miserable. But i understand your reasoning, the job he had, sounds pretty ideal to me right now. I hope he was happy that last year before he passed. :heartshape:

I always try to see the good in people, so it always sickens me when someone is willing to lie to destroy someones life. People like that never end up happy. I almost feel sorry for them. To try to destroy someone, you must be a very miserable person. That sounds cruel, but its the truth.

I'm not sure why but i had another dream with my mom. Its been almost 4 years since her passing, and though i think of her everyday. I usually dont dream of her much. This dream was sad too. Some men were trying to get into our home. And she inexplicably threw a key at them. When they got into the property they started grabbing me as if to hurt me. I managed to somehow force them out. I ran to the gate thinking my mom would go for the key. But when i looked at her, she was holding her chest as if she was having a heart attack.

Not sure why i keep having sad dreams about my mom. :confused2: I think because i was talking to my niece about the subject of children, i had a dream that same night, that i had a child, and my mom was there. lol I had named the child a spanish word that means "to be in love" Enamorada. Not really a name ever used for a person. :lol: Needless to say i didnt sleep well last night.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely agree. I would never quit a job. I didn't leave my last job, until something steady with good benefits came along. I left my last job in a positive way and still speak to my old coworkers. Whatever negative i mention about a job, i never forget to be grateful. Especially with everything going on. I am very blessed to be working from home. I am definitely happier at my current job, than i was at my last job. I am hopeful i can find some way to grow in the college. but we'll see. :vibes::heartshape:

Thats too bad about your friend. I know money is important, as i badly need my own place. But it saddens me when people stay at jobs they arent happy at. That is around 9 hours a day 5 days a week where you are miserable. But i understand your reasoning, the job he had, sounds pretty ideal to me right now. I hope he was happy that last year before he passed. :heartshape:

I always try to see the good in people, so it always sickens me when someone is willing to lie to destroy someones life. People like that never end up happy. I almost feel sorry for them. To try to destroy someone, you must be a very miserable person. That sounds cruel, but its the truth.

I'm not sure why but i had another dream with my mom. Its been almost 4 years since her passing, and though i think of her everyday. I usually dont dream of her much. This dream was sad too. Some men were trying to get into our home. And she inexplicably threw a key at them. When they got into the property they started grabbing me as if to hurt me. I managed to somehow force them out. I ran to the gate thinking my mom would go for the key. But when i looked at her, she was holding her chest as if she was having a heart attack.

Not sure why i keep having sad dreams about my mom. :confused2: I think because i was talking to my niece about the subject of children, i had a dream that same night, that i had a child, and my mom was there. lol I had named the child a spanish word that means "to be in love" Enamorada. Not really a name ever used for a person. :lol: Needless to say i didnt sleep well last night.
Thank you for your kind thoughts. Yes, I think my friend probably was happy, just to be able to have more time to do things he wanted to do and not have to work so hard.
That co-worker not only lied about me and got me fired, she stole my contacts book and a sweater I'd taken off and put on the back of my chair, that belonged to my mom. It was a really special sweater to me, because it was hers and it was vintage. My mom was quite a fashion plate in her day and this one was from those times. I saw the co-worker coveting it when I came in with it on. So she got it. One of my favorite "bands" of all times is The Gipsy Kings. Maybe you know about them? They are Roma from Spain, but their dad emigrated to France during WWII and they stayed there. My favorite member of the family is Canut -- if you know them, then you know which one he is -- and he's put out some solo material. One song he does is "Enamorado Soy". If you don't know them, there are a lot of good videos on YouTube.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind thoughts. Yes, I think my friend probably was happy, just to be able to have more time to do things he wanted to do and not have to work so hard.
That co-worker not only lied about me and got me fired, she stole my contacts book and a sweater I'd taken off and put on the back of my chair, that belonged to my mom. It was a really special sweater to me, because it was hers and it was vintage. My mom was quite a fashion plate in her day and this one was from those times. I saw the co-worker coveting it when I came in with it on. So she got it. One of my favorite "bands" of all times is The Gipsy Kings. Maybe you know about them? They are Roma from Spain, but their dad emigrated to France during WWII and they stayed there. My favorite member of the family is Canut -- if you know them, then you know which one he is -- and he's put out some solo material. One song he does is "Enamorado Soy". If you don't know them, there are a lot of good videos on YouTube.
Thats horrible! You couldn't provide proof the sweater was yours? By picture? I guess the company didnt want to get involved? I am not a violent person, and have never been in a fight. But in that situation i would have chased her down and ripped it off her. What a horrible person. :angryfire: Its so creepy that she has your contacts book. Even though i am sad you were fired, i am happy that you got away from that person, she seems to have mental health issues.

Yes, i have heard of them and that song. Its a beautiful song. :heartshape:

I was talking to my niece, and she was telling me her bf is wanting to move out of here. That sometimes he wants to stay, and sometimes he wants to go. He is tired of the high rent, he says he can find an inexpensive apartment. They're tired of how controlling my sister is. My sister claims her husband will take over and help with bills if they leave. But i still have to help, and i am struggling as is, my credit is ruined as i have to use the money for my credit cards to cover the utilities. We'll see what happens. I'm just trying to keep an eye on things to see what everyone decides to do.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats horrible! You couldn't provide proof the sweater was yours? By picture? I guess the company didnt want to get involved? I am not a violent person, and have never been in a fight. But in that situation i would have chased her down and ripped it off her. What a horrible person. :angryfire: Its so creepy that she has your contacts book. Even though i am sad you were fired, i am happy that you got away from that person, she seems to have mental health issues.

Yes, i have heard of them and that song. Its a beautiful song. :heartshape:

I was talking to my niece, and she was telling me her bf is wanting to move out of here. That sometimes he wants to stay, and sometimes he wants to go. He is tired of the high rent, he says he can find an inexpensive apartment. They're tired of how controlling my sister is. My sister claims her husband will take over and help with bills if they leave. But i still have to help, and i am struggling as is, my credit is ruined as i have to use the money for my credit cards to cover the utilities. We'll see what happens. I'm just trying to keep an eye on things to see what everyone decides to do.
Day by day. As hard as it is, one step at a time. And no one knows the future...so try not to second-guess. I know it's not easy.
The sweater and the contacts book "disappeared" and when I asked her about it, she snapped, "You're not getting it back."
Well, I guess I had my answer.
She was twice my size and very strong. Plus, she had the power and the influence. My loss. They wanted me gone anyway, even if she hadn't been there. As for my contacts, they wouldn't have interested her, and the damage was done. The business contacts were 99.9% inter-company so she didn't gain anything there. She was very well connected in the entertainment business, not just the music business but beyond that. It was just a way to hurt me. Because she could.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Day by day. As hard as it is, one step at a time. And no one knows the future...so try not to second-guess. I know it's not easy.
The sweater and the contacts book "disappeared" and when I asked her about it, she snapped, "You're not getting it back."
Well, I guess I had my answer.
She was twice my size and very strong. Plus, she had the power and the influence. My loss. They wanted me gone anyway, even if she hadn't been there. As for my contacts, they wouldn't have interested her, and the damage was done. The business contacts were 99.9% inter-company so she didn't gain anything there. She was very well connected in the entertainment business, not just the music business but beyond that. It was just a way to hurt me. Because she could.
I cannot stand people like her. Unfortunately for her, you cant go around spreading hate and causing damage without it coming back to you. I don't wish her any ill will, but thats just the way of the world. I'm sorry you went through something like that. :hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I feel exactly the same. I tried to be her friend and helped her acclimate to our company when she joined us. I did favors for her when she asked. But when she lied about me to co-workers, I denied it, and I think that's what set her off. No one contradicts a sociopath! And yes, eventually, I believe, we all have to face our Creator and answer for ourselves. If there isn't someone stronger and meaner on this earth ;)

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I feel exactly the same. I tried to be her friend and helped her acclimate to our company when she joined us. I did favors for her when she asked. But when she lied about me to co-workers, I denied it, and I think that's what set her off. No one contradicts a sociopath! And yes, eventually, I believe, we all have to face our Creator and answer for ourselves. If there isn't someone stronger and meaner on this earth ;)
Thats why its so hard sometimes to know when to be kind. Because not everyone will respond in kind. :confused2: Then again there are people who don't feel remorse so its really not surprising.

By the way, its been a couple of weeks and doing the chair exercises havent hurt me yet. i also started taking an antioxidant called alpha lipoic acid. My back pain in much better. I only feel a bit of pain first thing in the morning. Not sure if the supplement is helping, or if its the exercises. lol

Edit:

Took me forever to put up both gates with my back pain, but the kittys finally have a safe space to eat and use their litter box. Just need to figure out a way to divide the litter box a bit. I clean it a lot with an enzymatic cleaner, but its a litter box at the end of the day.

I woke up today and under their food placemat there was a puddle of water. My nephew plays with their water, and my niece never bothers to dry the messes he makes. Im glad he cant go near their things anymore.

20200615_213744.jpg 20200615_213736.jpg 20200615_213741.jpg

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was just a way to hurt me. Because she could.
That sounds like a shift manager I had when I was a waitress. He was so evil that he would go into the computer and change my name to "Idiot Child", and that would print out on my receipts that I gave to customers. He turned everyone against me that previously loved me. He's one of the reasons that I left that town and came back here. But if that hadn't happened, then I wouldn't have my cats. So...

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a shift manager I had when I was a waitress. He was so evil that he would go into the computer and change my name to "Idiot Child", and that would print out on my receipts that I gave to customers. He turned everyone against me that previously loved me. He's one of the reasons that I left that town and came back here. But if that hadn't happened, then I wouldn't have my cats. So...
Thats disgusting, and i bet if you tried reaching out to his boss, they would have believed him. Since he turned everyone against you. :angryfire: I sometimes think when people are abused at jobs they should wear some kind of body camera to catch them in the act. But maybe you'd get in trouble for recording without consent.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i bet if you tried reaching out to his boss, they would have believed him. Since he turned everyone against you.
Yes, my boss and everyone else sided with him. I kinda wonder if they sided with him so that he wouldn't come after them. Because if he stopped picking on me, then he would turn against somebody else.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your back isn't hurting as much! I like to think it's a mixture of both the exercise and supplement. A good stretch can really help fix what's ailing us, but so can getting rid of toxins. I hope it continues!

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People like that are the reason this stuff was invented.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, my boss and everyone else sided with him. I kinda wonder if they sided with him so that he wouldn't come after them. Because if he stopped picking on me, then he would turn against somebody else.
Thats understandable. Although it is wrong, people in fear will instinctively try to defend themselves.:sigh: Its hard to find people that will stand up for others.

I'm glad your back isn't hurting as much! I like to think it's a mixture of both the exercise and supplement. A good stretch can really help fix what's ailing us, but so can getting rid of toxins. I hope it continues!
I hope so too! For the first time in a while i have been able to do more things around the house, and it feels good. The pain isnt fully gone, but its enough that i am more mobile.

this stuff
:yess::flail:Thats genius, it can be a goodbye gift and spray it all over their desk.

----

Living with other people you get to see how silly people can be. My nieces BF once told me not to worry about taking out the trash since i have back problems, that hes happy to take care of that chore. Mind you thats the only chore he does. Apparently he was complaining to my niece that no one helps him. So they took the trash can out of the kitchen. :flail:I just put my trash in a little bag and toss every other day. I have never seen someone close to their 40s being so childish.

20200616_094743.jpg
Kitty using her safe space to escape the baby. lol she was trying to get affection from me, and he started with his obsessive chasing. :angrywoman:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, sociopaths can exist in society, so they say, but they can also be very dangerous. Cross them and you can be in bad trouble. It's always all about THEM, and any slight can be taken as an invitation to them to declare war. And they can be extremely persuasive and manipulative, which is why you find so many of them in successful positions. Since my dealings with that one, I have learned to have kind of a finely honed sense of them and so I try to avoid them. I guess that's the positive part of that story. Life lessons learned.
What a great fix for your beloved cats, terestrife terestrife and Kitty looks so adorable in that pic! Elsa, too, in hers. So your nephew can be near them and visit them without causing them (even more) stress.
So glad your back is some better! Hoping that continues.
Yeah, that spray on that guy's chair would have been SO deserved. :insertevillaugh: *Oh, Talien Talien . What have you started here?!!*

We had trash issues here, too. My roomie has some things about her which can be a bit difficult. She's even more hyper than I am, and she drops things a LOT. So there has been a lot of food and plastic packaging and stuff on the floors that didn't make it to the trash because she's very flighty and just doesn't look. I've had to talk to her several times about this. Her husband backs me up on the fact that she isn't careful about this. So what we've ended up doing is that we keep a plastic bag on the back door and she'll put discarded packaging in that. When it's full, whichever one of us is there will take it out to the rubbish and then put up a new bag. And with the floors, she uses a Swiffer to get up stuff, and then I deep clean with a deck mop and cleaner in between. So it's pretty much solved this problem.