Venting....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your work shouldn't close completely. Ditto the doctor. Yes, appts. are being cancelled here is L.A. County, too, as we are one of the worst hit areas. *PRAYERS* that you get your needed care. Down here, they ask people to just stay home if at all possible. We are under Shelter In Place=stay home except for grocery shopping, doctor/hospital/veterinary matters, for the most part. My work is home anyway, so no change there.
Yeah, it's apocalypic and we have to all be feeling it. I have friends all over the world and have been making efforts to stay in touch with everyone I can.
If you have a twitter account, you might enjoy #QuarantineLife and #QuarantineCats. Lots of humor, lots of emotional posts. It's a real sanity-saver for me.
Stay safe, stay well, stay sane!
I live in miami, the past 1-2 weeks people have started to panic, and people are being sent home to work. I've been mostly home, except for some shopping and visiting my family.

I was just reading an article about L.A. County. I pray things get better over there, sending you positive energy. :heartshape: :vibes::heartshape:

i'll check out those accounts, thank you! I dont think its healthy to deal too much on the bad things happening, a little humor is always needed. :banana2:

PS to above post: #QuarantineLife is kind of imploding. Lots of trash on there now. So IDK that I can still recommend it. Proceed with caution, anyone who visits; but there is some great stuff there if you scroll down a few days.
lol i see what you mean, I just checked it out. But i laughed at the Ross one from friends. lol thats what every day feels like now, not many people around because of everyone isolating themselves.

Many are going through great changes but nothing stays the same and we can look forward to other shifts as things work their way back around. Sending good wishes and hope for rapid improvement to you and all others. Please keep us updated. :redheartpump:
Sending you positive energy as well. :vibes::heartshape:

Life has taught me that even when things seem awful, positive things always come to light. Im praying we find something positive at the end of all of this.

:hellosmiley::bouquet::hugs::hearthrob:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be posting again in the beginning of April. My biopsy is coming up and that will decide what will happen going forward with my health issues. Im praying my gyno doesnt close down. They already closed one of their offices that is inside a hospital. Not sure if its to give the hospital more space?

But the small clinic they have for now is still open. Hopefully it stays that way. I've read so many stories of people having their treatment for their health issues cancelled/postponed. :frown: Just brings me down to see all the sad things happening.

Hoping everyone out there is doing okay. :heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:
Hospitals are petri dishes when there's an epidemic going around, they probably closed that office to avoid their own patients getting sick from being at the hospital.

If you don't absolutely have to visit a hospital at times like this, don't.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in miami, the past 1-2 weeks people have started to panic, and people are being sent home to work. I've been mostly home, except for some shopping and visiting my family.

I was just reading an article about L.A. County. I pray things get better over there, sending you positive energy. :heartshape: :vibes::heartshape:

i'll check out those accounts, thank you! I dont think its healthy to deal too much on the bad things happening, a little humor is always needed. :banana2:

lol i see what you mean, I just checked it out. But i laughed at the Ross one from friends. lol thats what every day feels like now, not many people around because of everyone isolating themselves.

Sending you positive energy as well. :vibes::heartshape:

Life has taught me that even when things seem awful, positive things always come to light. Im praying we find something positive at the end of all of this.

:hellosmiley::bouquet::hugs::hearthrob:
Oh, there is good in the world, as one of my life inspirations, Anne Frank, said! Places that are on lockdown are experiencing cleaner air, for one. And there's this: for the first time in human history, the entire world IS one. This is the great equalizer. No one is above anyone else, regardless of how much money or privilege or power or "stuff" they have, because bottom line, if someone gets it, they get it. And financially and supply-chain wise, it touches us all. Of course that's not positive. But the fact that it is also inspiring people to contact one another and to support each other in many ways, is SO good.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hospitals are petri dishes when there's an epidemic going around, they probably closed that office to avoid their own patients getting sick from being at the hospital.

If you don't absolutely have to visit a hospital at times like this, don't.
thats true, i didnt think about that! i do have to visit the gyno though, i need to do a biopsy to make sure the medication i am on is working. Its not something i want to put off.

Oh, there is good in the world, as one of my life inspirations, Anne Frank, said! Places that are on lockdown are experiencing cleaner air, for one. And there's this: for the first time in human history, the entire world IS one. This is the great equalizer. No one is above anyone else, regardless of how much money or privilege or power or "stuff" they have, because bottom line, if someone gets it, they get it. And financially and supply-chain wise, it touches us all. Of course that's not positive. But the fact that it is also inspiring people to contact one another and to support each other in many ways, is SO good.
its true, seeing everyone uniting and sharing their experiences has made me feel closer to others. Especially here on this site where i hear about peoples struggles, it makes me feel less alone.

The only thing that saddens me is seeing the people that only think about themselves.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats true, i didnt think about that! i do have to visit the gyno though, i need to do a biopsy to make sure the medication i am on is working. Its not something i want to put off.

its true, seeing everyone uniting and sharing their experiences has made me feel closer to others. Especially here on this site where i hear about peoples struggles, it makes me feel less alone.

The only thing that saddens me is seeing the people that only think about themselves.
In our area (L.A. Metro) they are telling people that basically, if it's not really serious, to stay home. terestrife terestrife , I don't know where you'd be on that scale, but guess you have to follow your own intuition and best advice, to to speak. Whatever you decide, *PRAYERS* and all the best for/to you.
And as for the self-absorbed, they don't usually change much, until (some of them) they do. I've seen plenty of that. And then I go on to someone else who's involved in support and help. It's always been a thought of mine that people who think only of themselves often, if not usually, end up with exactly that: only themselves. Sad, but they've got the same choices as everyone else.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always been a thought of mine that people who think only of themselves often, if not usually, end up with exactly that: only themselves. Sad, but they've got the same choices as everyone else.
I never thought of it that way before, but it makes sense. :sigh:

I know i am taking a risk by going to my gyno. But i was diagnosed with having abnormal cells in my uterus (irregular hormones since i was a teen that i didnt bother dealing with). I was very fortunate that nothing malignant was found, and no growths. I have been on medication (hormones) as the doctor thinks the cells can go back to normal. I've done three d&c procedures so far. I was so lucky to catch this before it became cancerous that i dont want to put the biopsy off. I'm praying the medicine is working but i wont know until the biopsy is done. My gyno has told me from the beginning that we have to keep on top of this.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never thought of it that way before, but it makes sense. :sigh:

I know i am taking a risk by going to my gyno. But i was diagnosed with having abnormal cells in my uterus (irregular hormones since i was a teen that i didnt bother dealing with). I was very fortunate that nothing malignant was found, and no growths. I have been on medication (hormones) as the doctor thinks the cells can go back to normal. I've done three d&c procedures so far. I was so lucky to catch this before it became cancerous that i dont want to put the biopsy off. I'm praying the medicine is working but i wont know until the biopsy is done. My gyno has told me from the beginning that we have to keep on top of this.
Given that information, I'd feel as you do, and try to get it done ASAP. Hoping you can.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

My test is almost here (thursday morning) thankfully it looks like my gyno is being careful, they send out text messages to avoid the office if you are sick in any way, so they are being cautious.

I have been working from home, and on top of that my niece and her son went to visit my sister for a few weeks. Unfortunately, they left me stuck at home with my nieces BF, but thankfully i rarely see him as he isnt home often. I tried telling my sister over and over that i wasnt comfortable stuck alone with him, but people dont care when it isnt your home. I'm the old fashioned type.
:blush:
Thankfully he has left me alone.

If anything, the past couple of weeks has been the most peace i have had since my mother passed away 3 years ago. The house is quiet, it is nice and clean. No one complaining about the cats, no children crying, and no one asking me for help. The house is normally a pigsty, it has been so clean that i barely need to clean. My niece always complained that she needed help cleaning (she stays home with her child and doesnt work) but theres no mess without them here.

Lately, i have been having to spend more money on my health, and i convinced myself to stay here as its cheaper to live here, i just help with some utilities. Things are better with my niece as well. But i cant express the peace i feel in my heart to not have to deal with anyone. My sister came for a visit for a week, and the entire time she was yelling and complaining about every little thing. She will literally complain if she happens to find a grain of rice on the counter that wasnt picked up (im not kidding).

I am not sure what the future holds because of the pandemic. I am very grateful that so far i have kept my job during this crisis. I genuinely love my job with miami dade college. But once this pandemic is over, i am seriously considering eventually looking for a better paying job. That wont be possible with MDC as i need a bachelors and that will take too much time. I just feel so happy right now, and i know i need to do whatever it takes to find some peace in my life. Everyone here knows what my mental state has been like.

As I am writing this, I just got a call from my sisters husband, for some reason they love involving me in my nieces relationship. He (nieces bf) lies about the money he has, and tends to disappear, and my niece wont know where he is for a few hours, or what time he is home. She'll send me texts asking if i have seen him. My sister is way too involved in her daughters relationship, my niece will sometimes call her on speaker in the middle of one of their fights. Thats one of the stresses when my niece is home, their ridiculous fights.

-

Anyway, sorry for the complaints, i know everyone is going through a hard time, i hope its okay to come on here and express my thoughts. I pray every one out there is doing well financially, as well as mentally/health wise. :vibes: :heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

My test is almost here (thursday morning) thankfully it looks like my gyno is being careful, they send out text messages to avoid the office if you are sick in any way, so they are being cautious.

I have been working from home, and on top of that my niece and her son went to visit my sister for a few weeks. Unfortunately, they left me stuck at home with my nieces BF, but thankfully i rarely see him as he isnt home often. I tried telling my sister over and over that i wasnt comfortable stuck alone with him, but people dont care when it isnt your home. I'm the old fashioned type.

If anything, the past couple of weeks has been the most peace i have had since my mother passed away 3 years ago. The house is quiet, it is nice and clean. No one complaining about the cats, no children crying, and no one asking me for help. The house is normally a pigsty, it has been so clean that i barely need to clean. My niece always complained that she needed help cleaning (she stays home with her child and doesnt work) but theres no mess without them here.

Lately, i have been having to spend more money on my health, and i convinced myself to stay here as its cheaper to live here, i just help with some utilities. Things are better with my niece as well. But i cant express the peace i feel in my heart to not have to deal with anyone. My sister came for a visit for a week, and the entire time she was yelling and complaining about every little thing. She will literally complain if she happens to find a grain of rice on the counter that wasnt picked up (im not kidding).

I am not sure what the future holds because of the pandemic. I am very grateful that so far i have kept my job during this crisis. I genuinely love my job with miami dade college. But once this pandemic is over, i am seriously considering eventually looking for a better paying job. That wont be possible with MDC as i need a bachelors and that will take too much time. I just feel so happy right now, and i know i need to do whatever it takes to find some peace in my life. Everyone here knows what my mental state has been like.

As I am writing this, I just got a call from my sisters husband, for some reason they love involving me in my nieces relationship. He (nieces bf) lies about the money he has, and tends to disappear, and my niece wont know where he is for a few hours, or what time he is home. She'll send me texts asking if i have seen him. My sister is way too involved in her daughters relationship, my niece will sometimes call her on speaker in the middle of one of their fights. Thats one of the stresses when my niece is home, their ridiculous fights.

-

Anyway, sorry for the complaints, i know everyone is going through a hard time, i hope its okay to come on here and express my thoughts. I pray every one out there is doing well financially, as well as mentally/health wise. :vibes: :heartshape:
Of course it is ok to come here and vent to us!:grouphug2:
I've been furloughed since 3-16-20 without pay since I'm contractual. Got 1st unemployment ck yesterday. I've always hermitized very well and usually that's what I do on weekends so I'm doing fine.Gypsy likes me being home. I've not been able to connect online so I can work from home like everyone else. Thought the problem was our chromebooks so I went and bought a older very nice workhorse hp 17.3 laptop it even has a cd/dvd player but still couldn't connect to my work PC. I've paid extra to upgrade my internet and hopefully its now fast enough that I'll be able to get hooked up tomorrow. I went and bought a adjustable table since I needed room for a monitor in addition to the laptop screen, we use two monitors at work, they were suppose to get me a satellite laptop but haven't yet.
I've got us stocked up, Gypsy too of course, so as our Governor asked I'll be staying home, except for cat meandering outside.
I went to pick up the table today and there were quite a few cars on the streets. Lots of aggressive drivers. darting in and out of traffic, cutting people off & tailgating.
Hope all goes well with your Dr appointments. Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. BF sounds like a decent guy since he is staying out of your hair. Take care, stay safe and stay strong. Keep letting us know what's going on in your life, we are always here for you.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

-

I have a similar situation with my roomies being here. And I'm the one that doesn't like any mess or dropped things, which has been a little bit of a problem, but with repeated talks and reminders, I'm now getting help with cleaning and am much happier. It's not perfect, but as you said, though we prize our alone time, it's better than it was, and in these times, we have to all be patient with each other and get through to the eventual other side of this.

My problem child is my ex #2, who is either very obtuse in some areas, or a sociopath -- not sure which, maybe both. I am currently extremely frustrated in dealing with him not seeming to "get" grief and thinking he's "not insensitive" in his reactions to my exhibiting it. Over our long relationship, I've had to deal with his lack of empathy many times, and when we were together, domestic violence, so on some levels I really DO NOT like him. But at arm's length, we can be friends and we can talk supportively. It's complicated. But I empathize with you! and I do hope that when all of this passes, you're able to make the changes you choose in order to have a more peaceful and serene life.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a similar situation with my roomies being here. And I'm the one that doesn't like any mess or dropped things, which has been a little bit of a problem, but with repeated talks and reminders, I'm now getting help with cleaning and am much happier. It's not perfect, but as you said, though we prize our alone time, it's better than it was, and in these times, we have to all be patient with each other and get through to the eventual other side of this.

My problem child is my ex #2, who is either very obtuse in some areas, or a sociopath -- not sure which, maybe both. I am currently extremely frustrated in dealing with him not seeming to "get" grief and thinking he's "not insensitive" in his reactions to my exhibiting it. Over our long relationship, I've had to deal with his lack of empathy many times, and when we were together, domestic violence, so on some levels I really DO NOT like him. But at arm's length, we can be friends and we can talk supportively. It's complicated. But I empathize with you! and I do hope that when all of this passes, you're able to make the changes you choose in order to have a more peaceful and serene life.
Now that sounds complicated. :( People like that make me nervous. It makes you wonder, if they cant empathize with others, what emotion, if any, are they capable of feeling? I have seen how charming people like that can be when they want to be, and its all on the surface. Take care of yourself.

I am glad your roommates listen to you. At times i dont bother trying to talk as it just sparks a huge fight. My niece doesnt like people telling her what to do, she never has. Shes lucky that she doesnt have to work so she can stay home for her child, but she still asks for help to clean the house. Meanwhile, the house is clean when shes not here. I always clean up after myself, so theres not much to do when im alone.

Good luck tomorrow, hon. :hugs:
Thank you! :heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that sounds complicated. :( People like that make me nervous. It makes you wonder, if they cant empathize with others, what emotion, if any, are they capable of feeling? I have seen how charming people like that can be when they want to be, and its all on the surface. Take care of yourself.

I am glad your roommates listen to you. At times i dont bother trying to talk as it just sparks a huge fight. My niece doesnt like people telling her what to do, she never has. Shes lucky that she doesnt have to work so she can stay home for her child, but she still asks for help to clean the house. Meanwhile, the house is clean when shes not here. I always clean up after myself, so theres not much to do when im alone.

Thank you! :heartshape:
Yeah, well, that's what sociopaths and psychopaths are. They are unable to feel empathy. Sociopaths know it's wrong but don't care. Psychopaths don't know OR care. Both can fake it really well (Think Ted Bundy). Mine was abusive but I do not share the same space with him any more. I know he has not changed, because his failure to apologize for hurting me will never happen and he either thinks he's totally in the right, or he may not but would never admit it. Either way, yeah, not a good person to share life with.
My roomies are both pretty forgetful at times. A friend who's a doctor thinks it's cognitive and I would tend to agree. So I TRY to be patient with them and if I have to repeat instructions, to do it politely. I really care about them and don't want to ever hurt or offend them. They're really pretty good as roomies go. I could have done a lot worse. But living with other people is never perfect, I've found. Heck, even living with cats isn't always perfect (think using the litterbox right when I'm settling down to eat, or in the middle of the night, or puking up a furball ditto. Other than that, though, I think living with cats is infinitely superior to living with humans. Just sayin'.)

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, well, that's what sociopaths and psychopaths are. They are unable to feel empathy. Sociopaths know it's wrong but don't care. Psychopaths don't know OR care. Both can fake it really well (Think Ted Bundy). Mine was abusive but I do not share the same space with him any more. I know he has not changed, because his failure to apologize for hurting me will never happen and he either thinks he's totally in the right, or he may not but would never admit it. Either way, yeah, not a good person to share life with.
My roomies are both pretty forgetful at times. A friend who's a doctor thinks it's cognitive and I would tend to agree. So I TRY to be patient with them and if I have to repeat instructions, to do it politely. I really care about them and don't want to ever hurt or offend them. They're really pretty good as roomies go. I could have done a lot worse. But living with other people is never perfect, I've found. Heck, even living with cats isn't always perfect (think using the litterbox right when I'm settling down to eat, or in the middle of the night, or puking up a furball ditto. Other than that, though, I think living with cats is infinitely superior to living with humans. Just sayin'.)
Im glad you arent in that relationship anymore, i know it can be hard for people to end relationships like that. So, im glad you have good roommates now. :heartshape:

I agree, my cats drive me crazy but its better than living with humans. My chubby cat spends all day thinking about food. Her favorite spot is being in front of her bowl. Two hours before food time, she starts her song and dance of reminding me shes hungry.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im glad you arent in that relationship anymore, i know it can be hard for people to end relationships like that. So, im glad you have good roommates now. :heartshape:

I agree, my cats drive me crazy but its better than living with humans. My chubby cat spends all day thinking about food. Her favorite spot is being in front of her bowl. Two hours before food time, she starts her song and dance of reminding me shes hungry.
TYSM. Yeah, it was bad. He's still dumbfounded that I wanted a divorce!!! *Somethin' ain't right in there!* And roomies are great, thanks. I wouldn't accept too many people as candidates -- the only other two are relatives and they've got places and lives.
Tarifa yellows (a combo of yells and bellows) for food, too, but she's tiny. IDK where she puts it all.
*PRAYERS* from the heart, and best, best thoughts of wellbeing! :vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,

Finally went to the gyno these are the notes from the visit: "
- Patient on Megace since December 2019 for complex hyperplasia with atypia.-Today hysteroscopic EMB with flexion Pipelle performed revealing multiple polypoid thickened endometrium throughout.-If she has persistent hyperplasia will consider increasing Megace 400 - 600 mg per day in divided doses.

So pretty much my lining is still thick. I asked if having a thick lining meant the medication wasnt working he said "not necessarily". I also have polyps again. I am waiting for the biopsy results, he might increase my medication. I want to talk to him though and make sure theres enough change to continue down this path. I dont want to keep taking this stuff if it isnt working.

I talked to him about the side effects i am getting, increased hunger, and constant sleepiness. He just told me that i had to be strong and eat healthy. I just dont know, i have always struggled with my weight, and have never had long term success.

I'm not sure what i will decide going forward. I dont know if weight loss will help? He seems to believe losing weight will help fix this. But what if that doesnt work?

Im just sick and tired of having do these d&c procedures, they are so painful. I know this sounds weird, but it almost feels like an awful violation (nothing against the gyno he is compassionate, and i genuinely like him) it just feels so awful to have someone scrapping somewhere so personal. Im not sure if im making sense. lol I am no stranger to pain, i have had my gallbladder removed and remember the pain well. I just dread the gyno so much and i am not even sure why. :headshake:

I'll update once i have the biopsy results, but just feeling down now.