Venting....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I hear you, salad is pretty bland on it's own. If you like Italian dressing that goes a long way, and it's not unhealthy itself.
Personally I always use ranch. Lol sometimes I'll try other dressings but always go back. Lol

I don't mind eating salads, but I don't know of it'll help with the crazy hunger the pills cause. It gets so bad that if I try eating the way I did 20 lbs ago, I start coughing with the desire to throw up.
*My favorite, along with honey sesame!*
Ohhh that sounds good. Never tried that dressing before.
You got a new job, right? How's it going?
Its going well, I am happy at this job. I don't wake up dreading going to work. My driving time went from 1.5 hrs to 25 to 40 mins. It's been amazing.

The job is pretty easy and I have a lot of help. My boss is very kind and has been very supportive with my health issues.

Since I work for a college im looking into. Starting classes in the summer. Being in the college I get to interact with the students. I have always felt fulfilled when I would advise younger people, mostly my nieces and nephews. Lol but the students at the college feel comfortable with me and talk about their lives. So i am thinking of going into teaching.
I can't eat salad without my beloved Thousand Islands dressing.
My dad liked that one, too, although he always said he got short-changed on the number of islands in the bottle. :crackup:
Lol this sounds like something my mom would have said. :blush:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Its going well, I am happy at this job. I don't wake up dreading going to work. My driving time went from 1.5 hrs to 25 to 40 mins. It's been amazing.

The job is pretty easy and I have a lot of help. My boss is very kind and has been very supportive with my health issues.

Since I work for a college im looking into. Starting classes in the summer. Being in the college I get to interact with the students. I have always felt fulfilled when I would advise younger people, mostly my nieces and nephews. Lol but the students at the college feel comfortable with me and talk about their lives. So i am thinking of going into teaching.
That's so great. I'm glad you're happy there. Also glad you have a supportive boss. I hope your health issues get cleared up soon, so you can put all your thoughts and energy into your future. :hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I always use ranch. Lol sometimes I'll try other dressings but always go back. Lol

I don't mind eating salads, but I don't know of it'll help with the crazy hunger the pills cause. It gets so bad that if I try eating the way I did 20 lbs ago, I start coughing with the desire to throw up.

Ohhh that sounds good. Never tried that dressing before.

Lol this sounds like something my mom would have said. :blush:
terestrife terestrife Humor is so healing, at times, isn't it?!
The honey sesame dressing is a Japanese dressing, but you can get it at a lot of health food type places and probably Whole Foods, Trader Joe's etc. Any place that has international foods should have some -- even the American supermarkets may. It's a favorite of mine -- nutty and just slightly sweet, goes great with salads that include fruit and nuts, for instance.

Good about your job and great about thinking about teaching. Education is so important and there is such an extreme need for more of it!!!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so great. I'm glad you're happy there. Also glad you have a supportive boss. I hope your health issues get cleared up soon, so you can put all your thoughts and energy into your future. :hugs:
thank you! its truly been a blessing to be there. :heartshape: i still get messages from my old boss and a coworker from my old job, that they miss me. :blush:

terestrife terestrife Humor is so healing, at times, isn't it?!
The honey sesame dressing is a Japanese dressing, but you can get it at a lot of health food type places and probably Whole Foods, Trader Joe's etc. Any place that has international foods should have some -- even the American supermarkets may. It's a favorite of mine -- nutty and just slightly sweet, goes great with salads that include fruit and nuts, for instance.

Good about your job and great about thinking about teaching. Education is so important and there is such an extreme need for more of it!!!
i've always used humor as a way to cope. so i love laughing at silly things.

i'll try to go with my niece to the store, she loves going to whole foods/trader joes i havent gone in years. lol but i remember they had a lot of healthy and convenient food options. :yummy:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you! its truly been a blessing to be there. :heartshape: i still get messages from my old boss and a coworker from my old job, that they miss me. :blush:

i've always used humor as a way to cope. so i love laughing at silly things.

i'll try to go with my niece to the store, she loves going to whole foods/trader joes i havent gone in years. lol but i remember they had a lot of healthy and convenient food options. :yummy:
Me either. It's kind of pricey for me these days, but there are some good items at good prices, and salad dressing lasts awhile.

Being missed is a good thing, yes? as is laughter ;)

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me either. It's kind of pricey for me these days, but there are some good items at good prices, and salad dressing lasts awhile.

Being missed is a good thing, yes? as is laughter ;)
I know what you mean money is tight for me too. But I need to do something. I found my mom's device to check her blood sugar. I've gone from getting prediabetes numbers to high blood sugar numbers. Its not extremely high but it's not good.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean money is tight for me too. But I need to do something. I found my mom's device to check her blood sugar. I've gone from getting prediabetes numbers to high blood sugar numbers. Its not extremely high but it's not good.
i have been Type 2 for fifteen years. Diabetes isn’t anything to procrastinate on so if you are seeing higher blood sugar numbers than in the past, visit your doctor and ask for an A1C test. In the meantime reducing your carb intake and increasing your exercise will reduce your numbers.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 's advice sounds good for you, terestrife terestrife and I hope you can control it through those means. Working out sure can't hurt (except when you're actually doing it :lol2:, right?) I look forward to working out 4-5 times a week using my own program, 40 min.each time, with weights, aerobics, yoga and calisthenics. No cost except for the initial purchase of the weight bench and weights (I got them at Dick's Sporting Goods) and it's a great way to feel good and be fit!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Posting to check in with everyone. I hope every one is doing well during these difficult times. In the grand scheme of things I am doing well. So many people without jobs, and for now mine seems to be ok. My job closed down and went remote (i work for Miami Dade College). So for now I am working remotely. I am a secretary so I dont have much to do from home. It is my job to help the students in person/phone. From home theres not much for me to do except answer the random emails that come in. I am hoping the school doesnt eventually cut people to save on expenses, not sure if that is possible?

My heart goes out to everyone that has lost their jobs, or has been affected in some way by this virus. Sending everyone positive energy.:vibes::hearthrob:

I will be posting again in the beginning of April. My biopsy is coming up and that will decide what will happen going forward with my health issues. Im praying my gyno doesnt close down. They already closed one of their offices that is inside a hospital. Not sure if its to give the hospital more space?

But the small clinic they have for now is still open. Hopefully it stays that way. I've read so many stories of people having their treatment for their health issues cancelled/postponed. :frown: Just brings me down to see all the sad things happening.

Hoping everyone out there is doing okay. :heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Posting to check in with everyone. I hope every one is doing well during these difficult times. In the grand scheme of things I am doing well. So many people without jobs, and for now mine seems to be ok. My job closed down and went remote (i work for Miami Dade College). So for now I am working remotely. I am a secretary so I dont have much to do from home. It is my job to help the students in person/phone. From home theres not much for me to do except answer the random emails that come in. I am hoping the school doesnt eventually cut people to save on expenses, not sure if that is possible?

My heart goes out to everyone that has lost their jobs, or has been affected in some way by this virus. Sending everyone positive energy.:vibes::hearthrob:

I will be posting again in the beginning of April. My biopsy is coming up and that will decide what will happen going forward with my health issues. Im praying my gyno doesnt close down. They already closed one of their offices that is inside a hospital. Not sure if its to give the hospital more space?

But the small clinic they have for now is still open. Hopefully it stays that way. I've read so many stories of people having their treatment for their health issues cancelled/postponed. :frown: Just brings me down to see all the sad things happening.

Hoping everyone out there is doing okay. :heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:
Your work shouldn't close completely. Ditto the doctor. Yes, appts. are being cancelled here is L.A. County, too, as we are one of the worst hit areas. *PRAYERS* that you get your needed care. Down here, they ask people to just stay home if at all possible. We are under Shelter In Place=stay home except for grocery shopping, doctor/hospital/veterinary matters, for the most part. My work is home anyway, so no change there.
Yeah, it's apocalypic and we have to all be feeling it. I have friends all over the world and have been making efforts to stay in touch with everyone I can.
If you have a twitter account, you might enjoy #QuarantineLife and #QuarantineCats. Lots of humor, lots of emotional posts. It's a real sanity-saver for me.
Stay safe, stay well, stay sane!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many are going through great changes but nothing stays the same and we can look forward to other shifts as things work their way back around. Sending good wishes and hope for rapid improvement to you and all others. Please keep us updated. :redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hangin::grouphug2::grouphug: