Venting....

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get in touch with the billing department at the hospital and explain what's going on and see if you can set up a payment plan over a few months instead of paying the whole $1500 all at once. If you stretch the truth a bit and tell them you need to be out of that house by such and such date and need however much money as a down payment on rent at a new place they should be willing to work with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get in touch with the billing department at the hospital and explain what's going on and see if you can set up a payment plan over a few months instead of paying the whole $1500 all at once. If you stretch the truth a bit and tell them you need to be out of that house by such and such date and need however much money as a down payment on rent at a new place they should be willing to work with you.
yes hospitals will often work with you=don't spend the money at once. Tell them you are on a fixed income and can't swing it.
they let me do a payment plan, but had to do a 50% deposit. i tried pushing and told them i didnt have enough money and was going through a hard time, but they insisted.

it sucks, if i could have waited to do this procedure in January the deductible would cover me for the year.

i called my doctor, and they reviewed my last exam, and they told me not to put off the procedure until January. they said they were concerned about my lining and didnt want me to wait. so i'll owe another deductible starting January. :headshake:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My procedure is tomorrow, and to be honest i am getting a bit anxious. Not about the procedure, its just a D&C and theyre removing polyps from my uterus. Its painful, but nothing that isnt manageable.They are giving me anesthesia. He tried to remove them in his practice, but could not. So i am being put under to remove them.

The thing is, i had to stop taking the megestrol 3 days before my procedure. I have started spotting the past few days and getting cramping. i dont know if its from stopping the medication, or if its a bad sign. I also havent been able to get a regular period since my last D&C 3 months ago. Just worried that i will get bad news.

Just been feeling really down today. I am heading to the procedure on my own with an uber, and my brother will pick me up. My niece offered to take me, but to be honest i dont want to be stuck with her. Its gotten to the point that we dont even talk. She probably only offered because her mother asked her to. And i also dont want her baby exposed to illnesses in the hospital. His immunity is not very good.

So i will be on my own. thankfully its not a big procedure. Just makes me miss my mom, i know she would have made sure to be by my side. Hospitals dont give me the best feeling, since i saw my mom pass away in one.

Wish me well everyone. I'll be back to check in tomorrow afternoon.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
My procedure is tomorrow, and to be honest i am getting a bit anxious. Not about the procedure, its just a D&C and theyre removing polyps from my uterus. Its painful, but nothing that isnt manageable.They are giving me anesthesia. He tried to remove them in his practice, but could not. So i am being put under to remove them.

The thing is, i had to stop taking the megestrol 3 days before my procedure. I have started spotting the past few days and getting cramping. i dont know if its from stopping the medication, or if its a bad sign. I also havent been able to get a regular period since my last D&C 3 months ago. Just worried that i will get bad news.

Just been feeling really down today. I am heading to the procedure on my own with an uber, and my brother will pick me up. My niece offered to take me, but to be honest i dont want to be stuck with her. Its gotten to the point that we dont even talk. She probably only offered because her mother asked her to. And i also dont want her baby exposed to illnesses in the hospital. His immunity is not very good.

So i will be on my own. thankfully its not a big procedure. Just makes me miss my mom, i know she would have made sure to be by my side. Hospitals dont give me the best feeling, since i saw my mom pass away in one.

Wish me well everyone. I'll be back to check in tomorrow afternoon.
:goodluck::vibes::vibes::vibes::hearthrob::redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Wish I had been here to offer moral support all along but I just came across your post and started reading it earlier today, I'll be around from now on. I'd gotten to page 11, going back to finish getting caught up. Good luck tomorrow and try not to worry to much tonite, let Kitty & Elsa comfort you as you all comforted each other after the loss of your mom. Goodnight and God bless. Let us know how things go.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::grouphug2::grouphug::heartshape::hangin:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im home everyone. thank you so much for all the kind messages. i read them all before my procedure, it made me feel a lot better. about to go to sleep to rest. in a bit of pain, but nothing too bad.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 welcome to the thread. i have gotten so much loving support in this thread. thank you for joining us, and for caring. :heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
im home everyone. thank you so much for all the kind messages. i read them all before my procedure, it made me feel a lot better. about to go to sleep to rest. in a bit of pain, but nothing too bad.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 welcome to the thread. i have gotten so much loving support in this thread. thank you for joining us, and for caring. :heartshape:
:touched:
How are things going?