Venting....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
finally get home and im trying to relax, and my cats cant even come upstairs. my neice gets to have two bedrooms in this house for all her stuff. but decides to put the babys toys upstairs in the middle of the hall. the cats can easily jump the gate she put up on the stairs and shes complaining that the cats have torn up the play tiles that she has on the floor.

sometimes i think she does things just to cause issues. how is a tiny gate going to stop cats from coming upstairs?

honestly, if im stuck here, im not sure how to keep them from coming upstairs, im tired of always having to give in just so she wont get into one of her mood swings. I also dont want the cats yelled at by her. :mad2: i pray to god that i am never stuck living with her again. it sounds awful because they gave me a home when i needed it. but im so tired of dealing with her.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do ask if your brother can help out. Better to make payments to a family member than a landlord. And it's a benefit to him to help you gain some independence. At least give him the chance to help out.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do ask if your brother can help out. Better to make payments to a family member than a landlord. And it's a benefit to him to help you gain some independence. At least give him the chance to help out.
I know. But I asked him yesterday and he was complaining that he had to pay a huge bill and didn't think he could help. I don't want to be obnoxious and insist. :sigh: I might stop by his house tomorrow before heading over to the lady's house. I pray he someone found a way to help. But I doubt it. He had to pay his rent. He stupidly lives in a very expensive area.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to see the lady. She called me yesterday to meet her at 10 am instead of 11 am. I even wrote it down. I show up and she was annoyed saying the appointment was at 9 am 😒 I got there at 9:45 AM. ah well. Gives me more time to save up. This was the second time she acted irritable. the first time was when I wanted to meet Saturday instead of Friday. No sense dealing with someone like that.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you can save money quickly so you can move out of the toxicity. I worked a Dillard's, kind of like a Macy's, for awhile.
I got deep discounts and bought things for my apt, Still have the Missions style lamps.

I would ask brother again. Does your brother who lives with your dad have an area on another floor that is away from your
dad? Is that your childhood home?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry it didn't work out with the apartment, but you know, it's probably better to deal with difficult family members, than difficult strangers. And I bet she would have been a horrible landlord.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you can save money quickly so you can move out of the toxicity. I worked a Dillard's, kind of like a Macy's, for awhile.
I would ask brother again. Does your brother who lives with your dad have an area on another floor that is away from your
dad? Is that your childhood home?
i hope so too. :heartshape: i barely got any sleep last night with the cats continually jumping the door and dropping it.

my brothers house only has one floor. all the bedrooms are taken. the only room i can be in would be my dads room, it is the biggest. and we would have to share. there really isnt any space for me in the house.

my childhood home is where the youngest of my brothers live. thats the home i had to leave because hes the one that hates cats.

Sorry it didn't work out with the apartment, but you know, it's probably better to deal with difficult family members, than difficult strangers. And I bet she would have been a horrible landlord.
yep, i know. i think i dodged a bullet there thankfully. i prayed before going, so i feel that was my answer not to move in there.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i visited another efficiency. the lady seems really nice, shes a nurse. the problem is the room is pretty much the size of a bedroom,

the pros:
only $700 per month, cheaper than the last place i saw.

cons:
pretty much a bedroom sized place with a tiny kitchen and a bathroom. theres no windows. so the cats will be stuck in 4 walls for the entire day.

im not sure what to do. the cats have more space in my sisters house. im also going to be stuck in a tiny room with their cat hair. which means i will have to spend money on allergy treatments (which i cant afford) or take allergy pills daily.

4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I know you want to move—NEED to move—but if I were you, I’d be very hesitant about moving into a place with no windows. Beyond the size and other cat-related issues, there’s a safety issue. There’s no way out of the place besides the door, right? Yikes! I can’t believe the place meets code. :(

You may have mentioned this or tried it, but have you checked bulletin boards on campus? In addition to student rentals, sometimes faculty on sabbatical are looking for house sitters if they’re going away during their leave.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with the others, not a good place for you and your cats. The lack of a 2nd exit, as has been mentioned, is a fire hazard. Plus, no natural light, or outside air. That would be torture in the summer. And of course, no windows (aka cat tv) for your cats.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wrote in another thread, i spoke to my friend that works as a district manager for the state, used to be a health inspector. he told me the efficiency has to have a window to be habitable.

I know you want to move—NEED to move—but if I were you, I’d be very hesitant about moving into a place with no windows. Beyond the size and other cat-related issues, there’s a safety issue. There’s no way out of the place besides the door, right? Yikes! I can’t believe the place meets code. :(

You may have mentioned this or tried it, but have you checked bulletin boards on campus? In addition to student rentals, sometimes faculty on sabbatical are looking for house sitters if they’re going away during their leave.
i'll look into my campus. i have thought of house sitting, but dont want to take my cats from place to place. i want a place that will at least be long term.

I agree with the others, not a good place for you and your cats. The lack of a 2nd exit, as has been mentioned, is a fire hazard. Plus, no natural light, or outside air. That would be torture in the summer. And of course, no windows (aka cat tv) for your cats.
thats true, i didnt realize it might make the place warmer during summer.

Are there any motels-turned-apartments in your area? There seem to be a lot of them here, and they're pretty cheap. At least they'd have a window ;).
not sure, i will look around. i didnt know that was a thing.

-

i had hoped to move before next week. i have my D and C next monday. im going to keep looking around. really need to find a way to move soon.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll look into my campus. i have thought of house sitting, but dont want to take my cats from place to place. i want a place that will at least be long term.
This would not be long term either, not with 2 Cats. Maybe for someone who's used to living in a basement or something and wouldn't care about the lack of windows, but for someone in your situation it's just no good.

But yes, some motels will rent a room on a weekly or even monthly basis. It's something you could look into as a temporary thing until you manage to find more permanent living arrangements.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad news. Im going to have to use the money I saved up for the efficiency to cover my biopsy. Im devastated. Its going to cost me $1544. There goes my chance to get out of this house.
Your insurance won't pay for it? What kind of coverage do you have?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your insurance won't pay for it? What kind of coverage do you have?
My insurance is free monthly. I get extra health fund of $ 800 per year to use. Then I have the part i need to pay, the deductible of $1500. It's not a bad insurance. Just need to pay out of pocket instead of having it taken from my pay check.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I mentioned this. But I moved my cats litter box for my nephews play area to be upstairs. Moved it into the guest bathroom.

My niece is so completely disgusting that she used the bathroom, the toilet overflowed and she left the water overnight. I have the litter robot on a rug to protect the floor. The rug was completely soaked. Didn't bother telling me. Said she thought it would magically dry.

I've been trying to keep the peace but ended up having to call my sister since it's her house after all.

Told her everything and said she'd deal with it. She knows I've been mentally unstable with my health issues and the hormone pills im taking.

I dunno if anything will improve in the house but I'm stuck there until I can save up again. I had an insane moment where I considered skipping my biopsy just so I could move out. But I can't run the risk of my health issues worsening.