Venting....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! And Good Luck! Don't exhaust yourself, but take as many hours as you can get, and put as much of the money you make towards your debt. When do you start?
Orientation is next Monday and Tuesday. Im planning to use the money to be able to move out. I want to pay off my debt, but moving is my priority. Hoping I can find an inexpensive place, so I can leave the extra money aside incase I end up without the extra income.

Im hoping I can find a place to move soon. I'm looking at a place that's for low income people.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys think my cats would be ok in an efficiency? Someone people rent out rooms in their homes that have a private entrance. Would they be ok in a small space like that?

My cats currently live in a two story house so I'm concerned.

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,

just writing an update. went to the doctor recently for my health issues. They found some polyps, the doctor thinks the abnormal cells are there, so he wants to remove them. He didnt see any masses or anything concerning. So on 11/25/19 i will have a D&C and remove the polyps. The doctor wants to do this in a hospital with anesthesia. Which is different from the other doctor that did the procedure with no medication.

I've been taking the hormone medication, and do feel more stable. My mood swings are not as severe anymore. Just worried about the side effects.

-

yesterday the nephew i live with ended up with ear infection and meningitis. im starting to worry. My sister always jumps to blaming the cats whenever the baby is sick, so now im paranoid. A few months back he had croup cough.

I would feel awful if something happened to him because of me. I have allergies that have caused me to get ear infections. So i dont know if what he has is viral or allergy related. They are taking him to the doctor tomorrow.

I feel like a jerk, my sister wants me to take my niece and her son to the doctor. Not sure why the boyfriend cant do it. But ive been missing work so much. Due to doctors appointment, and i took time off to train for my part time job that i got at Macys. Today i had to leave early because i started to feel sick. A coworker even commented that i work such odd hours, that he rarely sees me. I cant keep missing work. i dont understand why they dont ask all the dozens of family members we have. my eldest brother has his own business, so hes the one that takes me to my doctors appointments.

Thankfully my sister is supposedly going to start working for USPS soon, so they will be able to pay for this house once i leave.

-

I still haven't found a place to live, i have started contacting efficiency units, but they dont want cats.

I have such guilt recently, i keep thinking that if i was alone, i would move into a $700 a month efficiency and wouldnt even need a second job. the choices of where i go are limited by having two cats. i love them, but i cant deny that they're an extra weight i need to carry where ever i go. i know that makes me sound awful, but the two houses ive lived in, the main issue i have had is people complaining about the cats.

My brother would always say the cats were a risk to his children (because his kids had allergies), then i get here and my sister constantly says the cats might be affecting my nephew. i just get tired sometimes. i know i sound awful, just feeling frustrated.

my brother offered a room in his place to me, but we decided it wasnt a good idea, because i would be sharing a room with my dad that is allergic to cats.

Anyway, thank you to everyone for reading this.

20190814_125551.jpg

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
... I keep thinking that if i was alone, i would move into a $700 a month efficiency and wouldnt even need a second job.
-- That day will come. As for your cats - complaining about 2 cats seems ridiculous to me. ( I have over 30!! :eek2: ) When someone feels that way just realize they are not "pet friendly" animal people.
Take care and be well ... :winkcat:💞

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You definitely have a lot of stuff going on right now. :( I hope things settle down soon. Sending healing vibes for your nephew. :vibes::vibes::vibes: I can't imagine that your cats could have anything to do with that though. :sigh: Hope your procedure fixes things for you. And about being able to find a place if you didn't have cats, you might be able to afford it, but I suspect without your cats, you wouldn't be very happy. Have you started working at Macy's yet?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've been looking into places to move in to. so far i have found one that states they will accept cats. hopefully it will be available still this weekend, i plan on going to go see it with my brother. ive been having to pay bills so i dont have much money in savings, my brother said he would help me, but i dont know how much he is able to help me.

it will suck if i cant get this place, its the only inexpensive place that accepts pets. wish me luck everyone!

im starting to feel guilty tho. i know the kitties arent safe here. my niece isnt careful with the door, even though i have told her it makes me anxious the cats will get out. but i also know the cats have more space to roam around here. the places that are inexpensive are incredibly small.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
the places that are inexpensive are incredibly small.
So many unloved and hungry kitties are living dangerous lives outside with all the room in the world...or lives of fear in tiny cages in shelters. Kitty and Elsa have you to love them, feed them, be their friend and protector. They’ll be fine, and in fact, even better because they’ll be safer and they’ll sense that you’re happier! All of my fingers and toes are crossed. :vibes:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i went to see the place today. its up in the air whether i will get it or not. i have to see if my brother can help me. i dont have much savings unfortunately. these places want first and second months rent.

the place was quite small. however, the positive thing is that the bedroom is separated by a door. i can let the kitties into the bedroom during the day, and then have them in the entry area at night so i can sleep. hopefully this way my allergies wont be too badly affected.

the owners are two elderly people and they have their own kitten. :blush: its the only efficiency i have seen that has been open to pets.

they stated they had to replace their window blinds because a cat damaged it. hopefully i can figure out a way to keep my cats from playing with the blinds. they damaged one of the blinds at my sisters house. :frown:

keep me in your prayers. i will know by this saturday what will happen.

another positive is that i will be a bit closer to my job.

also, thank you for all the support. it made me feel better about going to a small place. :heartshape:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blinds are cheap and easy to replace. If they have fancy blinds up, you could take them down, put them in a safe place, put cheap Walmart blinds up, and then put the good ones back up before you move out, and if they have standard blinds up you can just replace them before final inspection when you move out.

It sounds like a good place! Small landlords are usually more reasonable and accommodating than the big corporate property management services.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like I might not get the efficiency. My brother was telling me he has a lot of payments to make this week. I can't be bothering him. I have 400$ now and next Friday I can put away another 700$. But they want $1600 by tomorrow.

I just called her to change the meeting to tomorrow and she was annoyed. I feel bad calling asking if I can pay in installments. She reminded me that I have to pay 2 months before moving in.

I don't want to be a burden to my brother. It sucks to lose this place tho.

----

My niece has blocked the upstairs from the cats for her son. But they still get up there. :disappointed: I was so happy thinking I was finally moving wouldn't need to deal with her anymore.

I guess I'll just have to save up and wait to look until I have enough on my own. Im worried. Money will be tight. My brother promised to help with my medical expenses. I won't be able to afford moving out and dealing with the medical costs. I don't know if moving is financially a good idea. Even tho I know it would be good mentally for me.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im supposed to meet the efficiency lady tomorrow at 9am. my coworker told me i should show up and explain the situation. would this be a waste of time? i only have $400 and they want $1600. i dont like getting into ugly situations and im worried she'll freak out. lol i get paid next friday and will have 700$ more to put aside.

but she was very insistent on wanting to rent the room now. not sure what to do.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
If she wants to rent the room now, then $1100 in a week might look pretty good to her. You know that old saying about how a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Wishing you, Kitty, and Elsa the best of luck in getting your own place and getting out of debt.

Small isn't that bad. I've lived in efficiencies with multiple cats and Wallaby and I even managed to make it work with a parakeet when I was in college. As an empty nester, I find myself drawn to tiny houses and #vanlife even though I should be grateful to have a little bit more time to rent my home of 16 years with the kids' names and dates on the doorway to the kitchen where we measured how fast they grew.

I thought that Franklin trashed the blinds, but my landlord showed me how to fix them. I'll try to explain it to you if yours get bent.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she wants to rent the room now, then $1100 in a week might look pretty good to her. You know that old saying about how a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Wishing you, Kitty, and Elsa the best of luck in getting your own place and getting out of debt.

Small isn't that bad. I've lived in efficiencies with multiple cats and Wallaby and I even managed to make it work with a parakeet when I was in college. As an empty nester, I find myself drawn to tiny houses and #vanlife even though I should be grateful to have a little bit more time to rent my home of 16 years with the kids' names and dates on the doorway to the kitchen where we measured how fast they grew.

I thought that Franklin trashed the blinds, but my landlord showed me how to fix them. I'll try to explain it to you if yours get bent.
thats true, i didnt see it that way. she did say they had other people interested, but i have to at least try. i'll keep you all posted.

thank you for your input. at this point i will gladly live in a smaller place if it buys my some independence. i'll let you know if i keep help with my blinds in the future. :heartshape: