Venting....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister ended up quitting her job. She spent a year trying to find a job and quits to follow some guy to Indiana. She spent a year giving me speeches that she hated depending on family and now she quits her job and I hear asking this guy for money. How she can be so incredibly stupid I will never know. She hasn't seen this guy in over 30 years and has only see him in video chat and decides to quit her job.

Turns her out her younger daughter decided not to move down. So I'm not sure what's going to happen.

I feel so incredibly tired. My dad had a stroke yesterday, he couldn't feel one of his legs. He's stable now. :sigh:

Edit: sometimes I want to pack up and go somewhere to be on my own for awhile and not have to deal with anyone or anything. I know that makes me sound selfish but badly want peace and quiet in my life.

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not selfish at all. Hope your dad is on the meds soon.

Hugs,

Mia xx
Thankfully the blood thinners worked and he regained the movement in his leg. :vibes:Dad is 84 years old now. So his health isn't great. Seeing him weak in the hospital reminded me of my mom.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister ended up quitting her job. She spent a year trying to find a job and quits to follow some guy to Indiana.
She's moving there? I thought he was moving in with you. Sorry about your Dad! I know exactly how you feel, I would love to live by myself with just my cats for a year. We just need some quiet alone time.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's moving there? I thought he was moving in with you. Sorry about your Dad! I know exactly how you feel, I would love to live by myself with just my cats for a year. We just need some quiet alone time.
That's what I thought too. Since she hasn't really been talking about her choices with me. I found out from her daughter that he has a good job and can't leave right now. My sister told me they'll be back down eventually. So she decided to quit the one job offered to her to follow this guy.

I'm going to have to deal with possible house expenses now for my sisters house again. So I won't be able to save up for my place or deal with my debt.

I hope we can both figure out a way to head out on our own. :vibes:

terestrife terestrife how are you now? I hope and pray all things get much, much better for you. Be strong.
I'm ok. Was feeling really down this morning. But I'm relieved dad is stable. Thank you for checking in.:heartshape:

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I have another interview this week with Miami Dade College in kendall. Its on tuesday. :heartshape::vibes:

To be honest i've been feeling really discouraged this past week.

ive also been feeling so torn. I am anxious to have my independence and my own place. But a small part of me is dreading leaving my current job. I have feelings for someone at my job, that I dont think he feels the same way for me. I'm too shy and cowardly to do anything about it. :cringe: The guy is also my boss, so I wouldnt do anything to jeopardize my job.

Im 34 years old and have isolated myself so much, that i've never really had feelings for anyone before. My mom used to tell me that i live in my own mind so much that i dont notice anyone else.

I've never felt this way towards anyone else. I look forward to seeing him, and we can make each other laugh about the stupidest things. The feelings i have for him i've never experienced before. i sometimes think he has feelings for me, but then he'll joke around that hes going to help me find a boyfriend. :ruminating::sweat:

sometimes i think im so shy that i'll always be alone. :dunno::doh::dizzy:

- Anyway, more important news. I went to go see my dad. He was released from the hospital thursday. He is doing much better. When i got to my brothers house i found my dad walking around outside exercising. :clap2::redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he'll joke around that hes going to help me find a boyfriend
You could call his bluff, you could say "Okay, set me up with one of your friends." If he has feelings for you, then he will probably hesitate. Maybe you will find out his true feelings. Good luck on the job interview Tuesday. :crossfingers: That's wonderful about your dad. :)

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could call his bluff, you could say "Okay, set me up with one of your friends." If he has feelings for you, then he will probably hesitate. Maybe you will find out his true feelings. Good luck on the job interview Tuesday. :crossfingers: That's wonderful about your dad. :)
he mostly jokes about me dating new inspectors or make coworkers. I'll usually joke back that I'll take anyone at this point. Lol I don't think he takes me seriously. He tends to joke around with everyone. So maybe be just sees me as a friend. :cringe:
-

I ended up finding out more about what my sister is planning. We were visiting our brother and she was discussing her plans with the family. She said her new husband doesn't want her working right away. He's apparently retiring, and they'll be moving back to Miami in about 5 months.

So she was saying she was going to talk to her daughters boyfriend (that lives here) about helping more will the bills. So I have to figure out if I want to stay here and help, or hope I find a part time to get my own apartment. An apartment will be more expensive than sharing the expenses with my niece's boyfriend. :sigh:

Not sure what I'm going to do. I want my own place. But don't want to jump into something I might not be able to afford. :confused2:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
The guy is also my boss, so I wouldnt do anything to jeopardize my job.
~ Yes this is very wise . Hopefully you will take interest is someone outside of work . Fraternizing with fellow employees - especially managers/supervisors - never ends well .
Best wishes ...:hellocomputer:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Try not to make a decision in haste about moving out or counting on your niece's boyfriend to stay in the house and/or help out with bills. Do what is best for you, not necessarily what is best for others.

As for your boss, please take the advice of JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia , i.e. going out with fellow employees such as your boss does not typically end well. If you find another job then you can consider whether or not to share your feelings. We will be thinking of you on Tuesday and keeping all our fingers crossed for your job interview. :crossfingers::crossfingers:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Yes this is very wise . Hopefully you will take interest is someone outside of work . Fraternizing with fellow employees - especially managers/supervisors - never ends well .
Best wishes ...:hellocomputer:
Thank you for the advice. :heartshape:dont worry, i tend to overthink things before doing anything. But this is the first time i've ever had such serious feelings for anyone so its confusing.
:sigh:
Try not to make a decision in haste about moving out or counting on your niece's boyfriend to stay in the house and/or help out with bills. Do what is best for you, not necessarily what is best for others.

As for your boss, please take the advice of JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia , i.e. going out with fellow employees such as your boss does not typically end well. If you find another job then you can consider whether or not to share your feelings. We will be thinking of you on Tuesday and keeping all our fingers crossed for your job interview. :crossfingers::crossfingers:
thank you for the support, it means a lot. :hearthrob:

dont worry, i've gotten to the point where i'm trying my best to do whats best for myself. the only reason im considering staying is to save money. i do worry that if the boyfriend decides to leave he will be leaving me with the responsibility of my niece and her 1 year old baby.

but once i get a job that pays well, the first thing i'll do is start looking for a place for me. im trying not to make drastic decisions.

But if you get the new job you can date your ex-boss. And Miami-Dade is a state
school, right? I'm sure they have good benefits with a government pension. Then living on your own might be more affordable.
im not sure if MDC is a state job. But i am hoping it is, as my current job is for the State of Florida. I have great benefits, but the pay isnt so great.:( not enough to live on my own at least. i dont want to get my hopes up. This will be my third interview for MDC. but i am hopeful. :vibes:

i'll try to keep in touch my boss if i switch jobs, and see where things go. :heartshape:he gave me his cellphone number a few months back in case there was an emergency and i needed to reach him.

he tends to work even on his days off, and is always available by phone.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's apparently retiring, and they'll be moving back to Miami in about 5 months.
Is he old enough to retire? I would look into this and make sure it doesn't mean that he is planning on not working and sticking you with the bills. :eek2:

I forgot about the no-fraternizing with your boss rule. That's probably why he hasn't asked you out. You might have to wait until you get another job to find out his true feelings. :(

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he old enough to retire? I would look into this and make sure it doesn't mean that he is planning on not working and sticking you with the bills. :eek2:

I forgot about the no-fraternizing with your boss rule. That's probably why he hasn't asked you out. You might have to wait until you get another job to find out his true feelings. :(
Maybe it's all on my part and he doesn't feel the same. Lol I wouldn't be surprised.

-
My sister is in her 50s I don't know how old he is but he's older than her. I would guess in his 60s. Supposedly he has a good job that pays 100,000 per year. He is making grand plans to retire and start a business.

If he does decide to stick anyone with the bills it'll be my sister. And that's for her to figure out. Once I move out I don't plan on coming back to help again. She made her choices by following this guy.

My nieces bf is still in his 30s and working. Hopefully things work out for them. If he decides to leave I would have to either stay and take care of the house until my sister returns. Or let my sister rent it out.

-

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had the interview. I think it went well. They said they would call next week the ones that will have the final interview. :cringe:

I got another call for another interview for the city of Doral. Lol I'm suddenly getting so many calls. But no takers. :(