- Jul 16, 2021
- San Francisco
I have been blessed with a cat who is not too picky about litter. So I've been trying out different litters because I keep hoping I can find one that doesn't drive me insane. But OMG I hate them all!
- It's important to me to use a litter that's not actively bad for the environment. That probably removes a lot of options.
- I first tried Swheat Scoop but I found the scatter to drive me insane. Literally would find it in my bed.
- I then tried Skoon because if I loved it then I could justify $30 a month on litter. But the dust was so bad I had to wear a KN95 mask when scooping otherwise it would trigger my asthma. Oh, and the dust also lead to a ton of tiny footprints leading out of my bathroom. The other thing that bothered me - once the litter was "full" (soaked up all the urine it could) the smell was bad
- I went back to a clumping litter but World's Best this time. I will say I like this litter the most so far. But the scatter is still there, it's just not as bad as Swheat Scoop.
- I did actually try Dr. Elsey's even though it didn't meet my environmental requirements. I found it stuck to my bare feet so I found litter anywhere I walked and put my feet up (like my couch). So that became a very quick no.
- I really wanted to try tofu litter - large pellets (less scatter), biodegradable (I think) but every one that I look up has horrible reviews.