Venting about my dad

VAMama

Cosette's maid
Adult Cat
Purraise
Humans and their carpets. So weird. Make a whole floor out of scratchy material yet don't want it scratched. What is that stuff doing there if not to scratch? Then they do violence to our claws in the name of saving carpet. Surround us with scratchy stuff and trim our claws so we don't scratch? Why????

Then they unleash a giant monster with a loud constant growl that gobbles up the hair and bits of food on the carpet. The monster lives in a storage closet. They let it out once a week or so to eat. Mockingly they laugh at us when we flee to safety. These human creatures are sadistic!

Yes, the laughter is the worst. How it haunts me. The more I flick my tail as I prance away, the harder they laugh. All this we endure for the pittance of a bowl of meat twice a day.

Stay strong, brethren! We shall one day prevail!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Humans and their carpets. So weird. Make a whole floor out of scratchy material yet don't want it scratched. What is that stuff doing there if not to scratch? Then they do violence to our claws in the name of saving carpet. Surround us with scratchy stuff and trim our claws so we don't scratch? Why????

Then they unleash a giant monster with a loud constant growl that gobbles up the hair and bits of food on the carpet. The monster lives in a storage closet. They let it out once a week or so to eat. Mockingly they laugh at us when we flee to safety. These human creatures are sadistic!

Yes, the laughter is the worst. How it haunts me. The more I flick my tail as I prance away, the harder they laugh. All this we endure for the pittance of a bowl of meat twice a day.

Stay strong, brethren! We shall one day prevail!
Don't forget that barfing on the carpet is our friendly peace offering, as the carpet is absorbent. But no, they run around yelling and spraying funny cleaner stuff. Mom had a big monster like the one that gobbles up the hair and dirt, but this thing sprayed soap and water!!! And then--get this!--the monster immediately ate it's own barf. What is it, some kind of a giant, plastic plug in dog?! Somehow, that thing barfing all over the rug is praised as "a good investment" but when we do it, it's "sooo gross, couldn't you have aimed for the tile?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what I'm going to do with him. Daddy has something called "diabetes" Basically it means he can't eat what he calls "carbs" and he has to check his blood sugars or he can get sick. He isn't very good about the no-carbs thing...and I do my best to help him. Today he got groceries and I caught him with chips, M&M's, AND Nutty Buddy bars. I rubbed my face on the bag to flag it as contraband but he put it away in the cabinet anyway...

He may not care about his sugars but that means I have to. I don't know what I would do if he got sick and ended up in the hospital. Who would play with me? Or feed me tuna? Or give me LIMITED belly rubs? Who would I bite and kick in the morning to make sure they're awake? I don't want to let on to much to him, but I've grown to love him as much as he drives me nuts. Its been only me and him since I can remember.

He also just got put on something called "insulin" because his vet wasn't happy about how his "diabetes" was doing. He went to get the insulin from the pharmacy today(and tried to take me with him, despite my running away and hiding from him...it was downpouring out...I don't do rain dad...) but he hasn't taken it yet. I'm trying to remind him but he's ignoring me now.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dax, Lila here! My Mom tries to keep her carbs lower, too. She said it's basically not being able to eat a lot of yummy stuff, but it's good for her so she does it the best she can. She did find some recipes for baking things like cookies and even some candies that use something called Monk Fruit. She says it's a little better for sugar levels. She says it's a pain in the butt sometimes to bake things vs. buying them, but it's worth it because they are more substantial and more filling. She said she made yellow cupcakes once that were very low carb by using something called "substitutions". She'd better not substitute me because I'm the best supervisor she's ever had, and she knows it.
She also made something called Peanut Butter Cups with melted dark chocolate, real peanut butter, and the monk fruit sweetener. The smell was so good when she was melting the ingredients down, but she was insistent I couldn't even sample one. She keeps them bagged up in the freezer way out of my reach, and has one or two sometimes after dinner and won't even let me sniff the wrapper. So you know they must be REALLY good if she's going to be a hog like that and not share. What a rip off!!!

VAMama

Cosette's maid
Adult Cat
Purraise
I shall tell you what the peasants did to me today. They had some sort of disturbance in their human affairs -- I care not for the details -- which caused a delay in their evening meal. They feed themselves before they cater to me. Typical! An hour behind schedule, one of them waddled herself to that place call the store in search of "rotisserie" or somesuch.

There I was waking from my beauty sleep as the sun began to set. And what did I smell but the most decadent roasted chicken. At last, these imbeciles had managed to procure a dinner befitting my status! I left the dark safety of my boudoir under the couch, prepared to receive my prize. To my horror and astonishment, I witnessed the peasants serve themselves this delicacy. I was given none of it. None! At least I was able to pout with dignity in my boudoir.

As if nothing at all had happened, they forced me to wait for my meal, and plopped down another pile of pedestrian unimaginative chicken from can.

The pain we endure cannot be expressed.

Stay strong, brethren.

IMG_1082.JPG

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dad says I'm a strange cat because I don't like people food.

I need your guys help, dad says I'm going in the car tomorrow. I HATE the car...last time I was in the car he took me to the groomer and they shaved all my hair off. Well not all of it but most of it...dad said I looked like a sheep.

catloverfromwayback

Servant to the Ofurlords
Top Cat
Purraise
I shall tell you what the peasants did to me today. They had some sort of disturbance in their human affairs -- I care not for the details -- which caused a delay in their evening meal. They feed themselves before they cater to me. Typical! An hour behind schedule, one of them waddled herself to that place call the store in search of "rotisserie" or somesuch.

There I was waking from my beauty sleep as the sun began to set. And what did I smell but the most decadent roasted chicken. At last, these imbeciles had managed to procure a dinner befitting my status! I left the dark safety of my boudoir under the couch, prepared to receive my prize. To my horror and astonishment, I witnessed the peasants serve themselves this delicacy. I was given none of it. None! At least I was able to pout with dignity in my boudoir.

As if nothing at all had happened, they forced me to wait for my meal, and plopped down another pile of pedestrian unimaginative chicken from can.

The pain we endure cannot be expressed.

Stay strong, brethren.

View attachment 478895
Outrageous!!!

VAMama

Cosette's maid
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dad says I'm a strange cat because I don't like people food.

I need your guys help, dad says I'm going in the car tomorrow. I HATE the car...last time I was in the car he took me to the groomer and they shaved all my hair off. Well not all of it but most of it...dad said I looked like a sheep.
Oh the car *shudder* one of their most diabolical instruments of torture. Get thee into hiding post-haste. Not a hiding place you frequent, but a new one. And mind that you don't whimper. One time I found an excellent hiding spot. The peasant was off searching in a totally different room. She had no idea where I was. That lasted until my whimpers caught her ear. They will stop at nothing. Gird your loins.

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I survived my two trips in the evil car. Dad wouldn't let me out of my carrior despite my hollering to be let out on the way home...so RUDE. I wanted to help him drive by going down by his feet. He said there was to much traffic...but we live in rural Wisconsin so I don't know what traffic he's talking about.

When we got home dad and I snuggled in his recliner for a bit because I missed him while I was at the groomer. His boss called while we were snuggling and he took the call...very rude. And then his boss told him he didn't have to work today so I'm stuck with him all day. First, his boss interrupts snuggle time and then keeps Dad home all day...this "boss" is on my shit list.

So what do you all think of my new haircut
unnamed.jpg
? I like it, I feel so much cooler and I am not shedding as much which means I don't swallow as much hair when I lick myself. The problem is dad likes it cold in the house so I'm FREEZING now in his office because thats where he keeps the large machine that blows cold air. He says it's broken so it's on all the time...all I know is I want him to move my cat tree to a different room because its to cold in here for me now.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well I survived my two trips in the evil car. Dad wouldn't let me out of my carrior despite my hollering to be let out on the way home...so RUDE. I wanted to help him drive by going down by his feet. He said there was to much traffic...but we live in rural Wisconsin so I don't know what traffic he's talking about.

When we got home dad and I snuggled in his recliner for a bit because I missed him while I was at the groomer. His boss called while we were snuggling and he took the call...very rude. And then his boss told him he didn't have to work today so I'm stuck with him all day. First, his boss interrupts snuggle time and then keeps Dad home all day...this "boss" is on my shit list.

So what do you all think of my new haircutView attachment 478943? I like it, I feel so much cooler and I am not shedding as much which means I don't swallow as much hair when I lick myself. The problem is dad likes it cold in the house so I'm FREEZING now in his office because thats where he keeps the large machine that blows cold air. He says it's broken so it's on all the time...all I know is I want him to move my cat tree to a different room because its to cold in here for me now.
I think you look just great! I'm so sorry Dad doesn't turn down the AC for you in your time of need. I would try and snuggle up into his armpit or make him hold you for hours in his arms close to his heart.

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dad was gone for 7 HOURS today and when he came back his feet smelled like fish...I think he was playing with fish with out me...His breath also kind of smelled funny. He said he tried something called a "whisky old fashioned" but I don't know why that would make his breath smell like that. Anyone know what that is?

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so worried...dad said that he might not be home until 8 PM tonight...thats to late for him to be out. He has a doctors appointment and then he has to work and then he said he's going to something called a "bible study" what ever that is. All I know is with all those other things I'm feeling neglected and left out.

I tried to tell him this by standing on his computer tower and pawing at his side but he IGNORED ME! So I turned off his computer. Serves him right for deserting me tonight and ignoring me before he left.