Venting about my dad

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, Dax here. I jumped on my dads account to vent about him. He had the audacity to make up a holiday called "Fathers day" today. I was napping in my cat tree after getting mad that I couldn't get to the birds(he had the window shut because "its to hot to have the window open") and he picks me up and demands that I cuddle him because "Its fathers day."

Later on, I'm being helpful and trying to help him fold laundry and he starts laughing at me because I can't figure out how to fold his underwear. Look its not my fault they're HUGE, full of holes, and have no place to put his tail. How does he wear these things?
448107256_842210501091656_3807001382295482223_n.jpg

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dear Dax,

I suggest you cooperating on this "Fathers Day" thing. You'll probably earn extra treats, and if you're naughty some day he'll remember how sweet and perfect you were on Father's Day. (As if we aren't already perfect, but, humans are slow learners.)
As far as the holes in the underwear, I have found it helpful to work to bring up a big old hairball directly into those holes. Your human will appreciate your willingness to help mend them, and it will remind them to make sure they're clean by possibly re-washing.
What would humans do without us?
Love,
Lila ❤
1718636164398.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Dax, just be thankful dad didn't ask you to clean the bathroom for Father's Day, or did he??? 😹

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear Dax,

I suggest you cooperating on this "Fathers Day" thing. You'll probably earn extra treats, and if you're naughty some day he'll remember how sweet and perfect you were on Father's Day. (As if we aren't already perfect, but, humans are slow learners.)
As far as the holes in the underwear, I have found it helpful to work to bring up a big old hairball directly into those holes. Your human will appreciate your willingness to help mend them, and it will remind them to make sure they're clean by possibly re-washing.
What would humans do without us?
Love,
Lila ❤
View attachment 478443
Hello Lila! Thank you for the ideas. I tend not to throw up to much but next time I do I'll keep that in mind. Last week I left one right on the bath mat he uses outside of the shower. He stepped right on it...great enjoyment was had that day but of course I had to hide it so I appeared to be an angel still. Cant let on that it was was intentional after all.

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Dax, just be thankful dad didn't ask you to clean the bathroom for Father's Day, or did he??? 😹
No he didn't ask me to clean the bathroom, though I wish he would. He's REALLY bad about remembering to do it...I will sometimes remind him buy burying the stinky laundry he leaves on the floor. I'm a queen afterall, I deserve a clean kingdom. I finally have him trained to clean out my litterbox daily. And I'm sure to give him extra love bites and headbutts when he does it.

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dad just told me that on top of going to school he now has two part time jobs out of the house. So I'll go from seeing him all the time to him being gone most of the day...and I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, it means less disturbed naps and baths but...less treats. Today was his first day on one of the jobs and he was gone so long I was worried he wasn't going to come back. I sat in the window watching for him to come back all day...and when he finally did I demanded pets and to know where he was. He then told me he picked up more hours this week and will be gone from 7:15-5:45 the rest of the week! I had to bite him to let him know I will miss him.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dad just told me that on top of going to school he now has two part time jobs out of the house. So I'll go from seeing him all the time to him being gone most of the day...and I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, it means less disturbed naps and baths but...less treats. Today was his first day on one of the jobs and he was gone so long I was worried he wasn't going to come back. I sat in the window watching for him to come back all day...and when he finally did I demanded pets and to know where he was. He then told me he picked up more hours this week and will be gone from 7:15-5:45 the rest of the week! I had to bite him to let him know I will miss him.
Sometimes I have to work long hours as well. I remind them that it's the great time for enjoyable (but not really necessary) beauty sleep, and the opportunity to go into the "off limit" areas like the top of the fridge or try to break into the treat cabinet. I also remind them that I do this to make money to keep them living in style, and they helpfully suggest I pick up some overtime hours. 🤣

VAMama

Cosette's maid
Adult Cat
Purraise
I see your peasants torment you as mine torment me. What abuse we endure! Insolence! Petulance! Rebellion! Yet so noble are we, so strong of spirit, that we utter not a word of complaint. They know not the burden we carry for them. Today my most disobedient subject has defied me again. He's a wily one. He gets up early for a stretch of five days in a row, then for absolutely no reason he goes two days sleeping in. I am given no explanation. I sit by the hall and stare at his bedroom door, summoning him, and he ignores me. Ignores!

Last night he babbled about something called a holiday. And now he's broken his five-day pattern. He's in that bedroom of his. In that bedroom with the door shut, this time of day, avoiding me! What's worst of all, when he finally emerges, he will say hello to me as if nothing happened, and maybe even try to pet me.

At least the other one is consistent. She gets up every day about the same time for something called coffee. She goes to the kitchen where my food is, yet doesn't feed me. Why bother going to the food room and not feed me?? I peek around the counter to see if my food is coming, and she laughs as she mutters about coffee. Coffee! The very word is an offense to my ears! After an hour of me demanding breakfast, she finally complies.

Stay strong, brothers and sisters. Don't let our persecutors wear us down.

IMG_1063.jpeg

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so mad right now! I was watching a bird and a rabbit in the yard while Dad was at work. He came home and scared them both off! Then he stayed in his car for an extra 5 minutes and wouldn't come see me or give me pets!

I'm going to be plotting my revenge for a while. He came right home and went right to what he calls his computer and I know there is a button that when I push he gets really mad. I might go push that button.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so mad right now! I was watching a bird and a rabbit in the yard while Dad was at work. He came home and scared them both off! Then he stayed in his car for an extra 5 minutes and wouldn't come see me or give me pets!

I'm going to be plotting my revenge for a while. He came right home and went right to what he calls his computer and I know there is a button that when I push he gets really mad. I might go push that button.
"I didn't push that button. It jumped up and attacked the bottom of my paw." :lol:

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh you guys you won't believe what just happed. Dad gave me a licky treat(MY FAVORITE) and then he picked me up and tried to cut my nails!!! I feel so betrayed! He cut the first one before I realized what he was doing but once he tried to cut the second one I bit the nail trimmer and swatted at him with my other paw. He didn't get the hint and tried again so I growled and hissed at him. I NEVER hiss at him but he wasn't listening to me. He put me on the floor after that(thank god) and put the nail trimmer away but I ran up and bit him on the under arm twice just for good measure.