Vegetarian & Vegan Food and Lifestyle

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went out to one of my favorite vegan restaurants for an early Mother's Day brunch today. We shared glazed brussel sprouts for an appetizer which were so good that even if you're not a fan of them they're irresistible. I had a veggie scramble as my entree - tofu, mushrooms, spinach, caramelized onions, confit tomato (which is a fancy word for a roasted cherry tomato with EVOO & spices/herbs), avocado and salsa roja (a type of spicy red sauce), with roasted fingerling potatoes and french press coffee.

IMG_0949.jpeg IMG_0952.jpeg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Summer Vegetable Naan Wraps
Serves 2
Prep time 5 minutes
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Thinly slice 2 plum or Roma tomatoes crosswise. Thinly slice 1 small yellow bell pepper and 1/4 small red onion.
  2. Place 2 pieces naan on a work surface. Divide 4 Daiya Dairy-Free Cheddar Style Slices on top of each naan, followed by 1/2 cup baby arugula, the tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion. Fold each naan in half like a taco to close.
Recipe Notes
Gluten-Free Variation: Use gluten-free flatbreads or pita to make these wraps gluten-free.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I made these vegan brownies for my neighbor‘s birthday—she just turned 80. She loves chocolate and her spouse is vegan—well, not by choice, he has a lot of food allergies. But this fit the bill for them both! They’re delicious.

8E44AF40-478C-4644-A709-5B228D986BD1.jpeg

Okay, okay, I know there’s one missing. :paperbag: I had to try them out before I gave them away as a gift, right? :biggrin:
2F4A6B8C-A900-45C1-8E28-3AB4253AEA08.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, I had no idea but we can still celebrate even if it's a day or two late can't we???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love making dishes out of bits and pieces I have in the fridge. I had some wonton wrappers that needed to be used, some bell pepper tops, some coleslaw, green onions, celery, and cilantro. I also happened to have some Chinese Five Spice powder! So I put this together as a vegetarian appetizer, topped with commercial Thai peanut sauce that I also had. Delicious! The great thing is you could add almost anything--chicken, scrambled egg, tofu, other veggies.

IMG_1697.JPG