Vegetarian & Vegan Food and Lifestyle

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love making dishes out of bits and pieces I have in the fridge. I had some wonton wrappers that needed to be used, some bell pepper tops, some coleslaw, green onions, celery, and cilantro. I also happened to have some Chinese Five Spice powder! So I put this together as a vegetarian appetizer, topped with commercial Thai peanut sauce that I also had. Delicious! The great thing is you could add almost anything--chicken, scrambled egg, tofu, other veggies.

View attachment 458294
that looks really good!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy Belated World Vegetarian Day to my fellow vegetarians! Yup, we missed the actual day again.
1696850841342.png

Reason I'm posting here today, though, is because it's Thanksgiving Day in Canada. And on Thanksgiving Day in 2008, a turkey dinner was my last ever non-vegetarian meal. The following day I officially became vegetarian. Had a couple slip ups early on, but I still count October 2008 as my becoming vegetarian month. That means this year I'm celebrating my 15th veggie anniversary. :dance:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I still count October 2008 as my becoming vegetarian month. That means this year I'm celebrating my 15th veggie anniversary.
Happy Belated Vegetarian Day to you and all our other vegetarian members! :thumbsup: I've actually lost track of when I turned a new leaf but know it was in November, either 2008 or 2009.