Vacuum?

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Reaction score
They don’t mention any special attachment either though, and they say it will damage a regular vacuum.
~ Yes - that's why I like the shop vacuum. It pulls up everything with no clogs. It is so strong I use the brush attachment and simply vacuum the bristles if too much hair gets caught.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 3 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Reaction score
I use a regular vacuum with any dust, fur or litter from the carpet with no issues. I would love to have that robot vacuum though, to ease my house chores. I just don't know if it is strong enough to pick fur and litter off of the carpet.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
~ Yes - that's why I like the shop vacuum. It pulls up everything with no clogs. It is so strong I use the brush attachment and simply vacuum the bristles if too much hair gets caught.
I have never had damage from cat litter in my other vacuums. I have a shop vac but it is too loud and it has no wheels on the wand, I never use it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Any vacuum will clog eventually from dust/dirt buildup in it's filters. Cat litter is no different then the dust and plain old dirt you pick up. I've heard picking up drywall dust and powdered cement is a no no, but that is because there is usually so much of it and it can clog the filter because it is so fine, which cat litter is not. We have remodeled/built almost 30 houses and I have sucked up everything with old vacuums I didn't care about, and none got ruined. The best I have right now is the Shark duo clean with that soft roller for hardwood floors. Absolutely great at getting dust and cat hair off the floors, you can see a path where you go, and dust and hair collects in huge amounts every single day, it seems. I clean those sponge filters about every two weeks by taking them outside and beating them against the chainlink. Works great!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Reaction score
AMEN!
Hey JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia , I just got my husband the new Dewalt shop vac, absolutely recommended. It almost sucks the carpet off the floor. We have had MANY shop vacs, this one beats them all. I use it more then him!
~ I know ! Have to be careful with the 2 inch hose. I sucked up a hand towel and almost pulled a curtain down by accident . :eek2: