Vacum choices - I'm so confused

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the vacuum died today. I have a back up - but she doesn't work very well but will at least tide me over. I'm overwhelmed by the options.

I have 4 cats.
I have a stone driveway.
I live with a wetland behind me.
I'm still renovating (just finished a major kitchen one) and will be for the next 1 -2 years not doubt. The worst will be the remaining dry walling which should be complete this year.
No carpet - as the last of it will be pulled out this year. Mostly floors with throw rugs.

This house as a result of those things can get VERY dust and cat-hairy.

The house is a back split - so four floors. I really need something bot to cumbersome and preferably not too heavy. (I'm open to the idea of cordless. If they are tough enough to do the job and not die in a year.

I can get a deal right now on either of these:

Shark ION F80 Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum with MultiFLEX, DuoClean for Carpet & Hardfloor, Hand Vacuum Mode, and (2) Removable Batteries (IF281)

or

https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/sticks/dyson-cyclone-v10-overview.html

Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal - version

But I'm open to suggestion and other peoples experiences with these items or others.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went and bought a Dyson V10 animal pro and I could not be happier. So easy to assemble and change brushes on and light as could be to use. It came with furniture, hardwood floor and carpet roller brushed and a bunch of other attachments. The only negative for someone with a large house is that vacuuming time is limited. Using the roller brush attachment you have probably 30 minutes of run time before you need to recharge it for 3 1/2 hours. For me though, vacuuming only times fifteen or twenty minutes at most. Also the dust cup isn’t very large but it is easy to empty and fur doesn’t seem to stick inside.

The difference, by the way between the V10 animal and V10 animal pro (also called the Absolute) is that the pro comes with a soft floor roller in addition to the carpet roller. If you will have mostly laminate or hardwood you really want that. Cost difference between the two was less than $50.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just went and bought a Dyson V10 animal pro and I could not be happier.
I have an older Dyson Animal vacuum that has outlasted our dog and multiple cats - as the saying goes, "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking." :thumbsup:

Here is a thread on the subject of vacuum cleaners that has some updates and might be helpful for you:
Vacuum cleaners- which should I buy?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Shark Navigator Pet Edition. It's a beast, it actually pulls me forward on our area rugs and carpets. I have some issue with the design being inconvenient (for lack of a better word), but it does its job extremely well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much! I appreciate this!

neely neely thanks for that link too - I swear I did a search - my fingers probably typo'd!