Vaccines?

teacherdl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have posted several times about my KiKi's recent health issues....She was 100% healthy until she went for her check up and vaccines (rabies and boosters).  However, the symptoms she started having started about a week later (not eating as much, less using the bathroom,103  fever, no energy...They also found a heart murmur when I took her back that hadn't been heard just two weeks before). I even mentioned the possibility of her problems being related to the vaccines, and the vet acted like it wasn't a possibility. It just seems to me that the timing is odd...She was totally fine until around a week after.  I was just curious if anyone else had cats with vaccine related symptoms that long after their shots? (I know the heart murmur is not related to the vaccine...just curious about the other symptoms).

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember we did have someone here whose kitty had a delayed reaction to vaccines.  It did resolve fairly quickly.  One of my kitties had a reaction to shots when he was a year old but it was immediate.  He was vomiting and had a fever.  For several years he got a shot of benadryl twenty  minutes before the vaccine.  He no longer gets vaccine because of probable liver damage from a bout of fatty liver 6 years ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teacherdl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I remember we did have someone here whose kitty had a delayed reaction to vaccines.  It did resolve fairly quickly.  One of my kitties had a reaction to shots when he was a year old but it was immediate.  He was vomiting and had a fever.  For several years he got a shot of benadryl twenty  minutes before the vaccine.  He no longer gets vaccine because of probable liver damage from a bout of fatty liver 6 years ago.
Thank you