Vacation Spot You Would Never Go Back To?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Do you have a place you visited on vacation that you would never return to?

For me, it would be our recent trip to the Dominican Republic. We went for a family wedding and some people tht it was great, but a very hot, tropical vacation isn't our thing. We had already said before we got on the plane to come home "Never again" so the decision was made before we got home and found out people were dying while we were there.

* No arguments please. What one person loves may not be someone else's cup of tea.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably will go back to it, because it's there and visitors like to go look at it, but Mount Rushmore is extremely underwhelming. If you've seen a picture, that's it. Actually the pictures are better because the heads look kinda small from the viewing platform.

The hiking trails there are nice though, and the Badlands and Black Hills are beautiful and well worth the visit. Just don't go too far out of your way or wait in a crowd for too long, lol.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any mountain. We didn't go there as a "vacation" but visited the rocky mountains when we lived in Denver. I'm not a mountain girl regardless of where it's located. They did nothing for me at all. It's unfathomable to me why anyone would want to climb one. Especially a monster like Everest. :running:

Key West was a MAJOR letdown. IMO it is the least impressive of the Florida Keys. The 7 mile bridge, however is amazing. Everyone should make that drive across it at least once. :woo:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oahu - granted I was with a tour group while I was in high school but I was more impressed during a more recent trip with the Bug Island and Maui. Oahu was so touristy and city, I prefer the natural land of the other islands. Although I did find the Pearl Harbor memorial to be very nice.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oahu - granted I was with a tour group while I was in high school but I was more impressed during a more recent trip with the Bug Island and Maui. Oahu was so touristy and city, I prefer the natural land of the other islands. Although I did find the Pearl Harbor memorial to be very nice.
We went to Maui earlier this year and stayed on night to see Pearl Harbor. Won't be going back to that island if there is a different choice again. Totally agree that it was very tourist/city vibe to the whole thing whereas our place in Maui was more what you expect from an island vacation.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Any mountain. We didn't go there as a "vacation" but visited the rocky mountains when we lived in Denver. I'm not a mountain girl regardless of where it's located. They did nothing for me at all. It's unfathomable to me why anyone would want to climb one. Especially a monster like Everest. :running:
And I can't stand not being around mountains. :flail:

I went to Texas for a week years ago and the sight of a flat land just creeped me out. I can handle it for a few nights when traveling but extended just can't do. But I grew up in a valley where you can't look in a single direction without seeing a mountain and our local walking spot is a large hill/mountain.

I want to go back to Colorado and New Mexico in general to explore more. I've done road trips through them but never stopped for more then a day or two.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
No, everywhere I've been I would visit again. Key West, I could live there, also San Francisco, Steamboat Springs, Toronto, Asheville, NC. and a few more. I'm adaptable.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a place you visited on vacation that you would never return to?

For me, it would be our recent trip to the Dominican Republic. We went for a family wedding and some people tht it was great, but a very hot, tropical vacation isn't our thing. We had already said before we got on the plane to come home "Never again" so the decision was made before we got home and found out people were dying while we were there.

* No arguments please. What one person loves may not be someone else's cup of tea.
I wouldn't go there because of the people getting murdered!

I can't think of a place I wouldn't want to go back to. The only place is my current home state, Texas. I live here because it's easier to make a good living but once I retire away to somewhere else I would never come back. It's extremely underwhelming. Originally I'm from cali.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I travel a lot and have really enjoyed most of my holidays, though due to the recent political unrest I probably wouldn't return to Egypt or Tunisia. I also found that the food wasn't as exciting as I expected it to be in Tunisia (given that Moroccan food is one of my favourite cuisines, I thought Tunisian food, being another North African cuisine, would be somewhat similar) and there wasn't really much to do in the terms of tourism.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Jamaica - Things just continue to get brutal down there. So many have gone back and not returned because they ended up getting killed and robbed. Not worth the risk.

Unforunetly, I have family down there and even a big house! But my life is more important. I'm not close to the family down there anyway...

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Florida. We've been to Orlando, Tampa, Clearwater, Sarasota, and New Port Ritchie, and once you have seen the various theme parks, the only thing to do for excitement is go to one of the buffet places for the early-bird special and watch the blue-haired prunes keel over into their bread pudding.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Florida. We've been to Orlando, Tampa, Clearwater, Sarasota, and New Port Ritchie, and once you have seen the various theme parks, the only thing to do for excitement is go to one of the buffet places for the early-bird special and watch the blue-haired prunes keel over into their bread pudding.
Yeah for us blue haired prunes the bread pudding may have been the best part of the trip.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've stayed at Blackpool in the UK several times when we couldn't afford our ideal choice but I wouldn't do it again. It's all a bit brash and tacky for me.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Taipei.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Taiwan and its friendly people but since I always travel with my whole family of 10 there were not much we could do with our toddlers there. But they enjoyed Taipei Zoo. :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree. My nephews enjoyed it but for me it was just to darn hot and crowded.
I've been going to WDW since the late 70's. It's not like it used to be. It is no longer what Walt wanted it to be and the corporate greed has destroyed it. DD and I are going to Epcot in November for the food & wine festival. I'm not really looking forward to it and I told her that there is no way I am going anywhere near the Magic Kingdom as that is the worst out of all of them. The crowds are ridiculous, the prices are nothing short of highway robbery, nothing is worth the wait time and I cannot stand children. Especially in large groups.

DD was supposed to be going with DH's family next month but that fell through. They are still going but she is not. I told her I would take her to the F&W festival as her Christmas gift to make up for it. I must be a glutton for punishment. The heat won't be as bad in November as it will be in July. At least I have that - and wine- and various cocktails from around the world. :yess:

Orlando in July. My BIL must be completely insane. No Floridian would go then. I can tell you that. :sweat: :running:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was the rum sauce on the bread pudding that did it. Only Floridians get it. We need it to deal with the tourists. ;) :lol: