Vacation rescue

Deacon Blues

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We were recently on vacation and observed many feral cats in/around where we visited. Then, last Tuesday night we observed a very youg kitten out in the open, (in daylight) with no mother around. After watching the kitten for several hours it was clear that she was on her own. We rescued her and started working to get her fed. She would barely take 10 ml of kitten formula, and would not go poo. We took her to a vet last Thursday and found that she was impacted, and roughly 3 weeks old.. She would not have survived without vet intervention. Good news, is, she is home with us, following expert vet care, and is now taking 30 ml of weaning formula about every 4 to 5 hours. We have a home for her, once weaned and litter trained. Once a cat person, always a cat person, no matter where/when.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you so much for helping her! A Canadian friend of mine brought a kitten in a similar situation (partially blind) home from Hawaii.

Your baby is incredibly lucky! I always wonder what they think when this happens. Probably having prepared themselves for the end, suddenly they are brought to a whole new life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Deacon Blues

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG! I love that little kitten.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Deacon Blues

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have named her Caroline. When we were bottle feeding her she twitched her ears with every suck; like a baby yoda. It is so hard to be a foster parent when one encounters a kitten with such a dramatic personality. She likes to sit on my shoulder and look at cat photos, on my iPad. She is not happy, right now, because there are just words on the screen,…