UTI and not eating?

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
Nico my diabetic cat with HBP suddenly seemed I'll this morning. This guy is usually a trooper, DM is well controlled, he's on half a unit of ProZinc and HBP also well controlled with Amlodipine. But this morning he got sick, and I noticed him going to the litter box to pee but not much if anything came out. He felt very warm, so off we went to the vet. They said his bladder was empty and they did not feel a blockage, but his temp was slightly elevated. We came back with Clavamox and Cerenia for nausea. He is at least drinking now, no pee trips yet, but doesn't want to eat. Has anyone experienced this with a bad UTI? I feel bad for the guy, he's just kinda moping around right now. 😔
PS I do have a collection tube to get a sample for when he does eventually go.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have had cats with UTI return to the litter box constantly and release only small amounts of urine, straining to go but unable. Not urinating at all can be a symptom as well, but watch this carefully and stay in touch with the vet if Nico does not start to pee.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have had cats with UTI return to the litter box constantly and release only small amounts of urine, straining to go but unable. Not urinating at all can be a symptom as well, but watch this carefully and stay in touch with the vet if Nico does not start to pee.
And we have good news!! We have peed. 🙏 Also he ate a little bit at dinner, not his usual appetite, but I'm happy with the little progress so far. At least now I can take his sample back to the vet when they open on Tuesday. It's in the fridge in it's container in a baggie labeled so hubby doesn't throw it away lol