Ustew cat food. adding the blood

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make my cat food using the ustew powder supplement. does it matter that i add in the chickens blood? should i be weighing the blood? i just add it in. but now im worried it might mess up how many vitamins they get?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
UStew uses boneless organ less meat. Animal blood is not needed at all. I'm not sure if blood can be added without throwing off the nutrient balance of the food. A little bit of blood (like the very small amount that may be in a package of supermarket meat) might not make a difference but if you use blood instead of the 1/2 cup of water, that might change something. To be safe, follow the instructions on the package of UStew exactly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

UStew uses boneless organ less meat. Animal blood is not needed at all. I'm not sure if blood can be added without throwing off the nutrient balance of the food. A little bit of blood (like the very small amount that may be in a package of supermarket meat) might not make a difference but if you use blood instead of the 1/2 cup of water, that might change something. To be safe, follow the instructions on the package of UStew exactly.
ok thanks! i'll just throw it out then. just hate being wasteful lol

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most chicken for human consumption has been properly bled out, the red liquid you see in the package is myoglobin. In any case, I add it. I'd rather my cats get their nutrients from as many natural sources as they'll allow me too!